Outbreak of Coronavirus

Page: 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
Online now: No visible users
macnuke Afar
TOS posted:
and now trump's son barron has tested positive

while he is an innocent...

it is what it is.

now if his dad only knew who the fiddlesticks he was.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
jkahless Custom Title
I'm sorry to report that the culture war of stupid has infected Canada. I moved from a very liberal area in Vancouver to a conservative shitburb nearby, and about half the people here aren't wearkng a stick fiddling mask, and get offended when you call em on it.
juice Inadvertently correct
something something gods will personal freedom fake virus democrat hoax
jkahless Custom Title
"The CDC says masks don't help."

WTF lady, you're not even American.
TOS
jkahless posted:
I'm sorry to report that the culture war of stupid has infected Canada. I moved from a very liberal area in Vancouver to a conservative shitburb nearby, and about half the people here aren't wearkng a stick fiddling mask, and get offended when you call em on it.

i, too, live in a shittily entitled canadian suburb, and the carelessness of people here about covid sickens me

i'd move tomorrow if i could
TOS posted:
jkahless posted:

i, too, live in a shittily entitled canadian suburb, and the carelessness of people here about covid sickens me

Can you teach math? It'll take 6 weeks, but we can get you out. ;)
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Texas woman dies of COVID on an airplane.

Quote:
A Garland woman with COVID-19 died while on a flight from Arizona to Texas in July, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said Sunday while announcing an additional 592 cases of the disease and three deaths.

In a news release, Jenkins said they had been notified a woman in her 30s died July 25 while the plane was parked on the apron. The woman had difficulty breathing and was given oxygen but died on the jetway, Jenkins said. Further details about the case were not released due to patient privacy.

We always knew Texas was "special", but I wonder how that's going to work out for them.
TOS
macaddict4life posted:
TOS posted:
jkahless posted:

sure, i teach math every day! where am i going?
TOS
driving in canada with u.s. plates isn't fun

Quote:
A man walking his dog eyed the U.S. plates on our car. “You people shouldn’t be here,” he sneered.

Quote:
When I recounted my experience to Canadian friends, I expected sympathy. Instead, they stared awkwardly at their feet. Finally, one friend broke the silence. “You understand why there is so much hatred against Americans right now, don’t you?”

Quote:
It is a crisp, late September day in Toronto that reminds me of my childhood. Our quarantine period was over. As I push my children on the swings in the park behind the Art Gallery of Ontario, a mother appears to shoo her child away from us when I mention living in New Jersey. But maybe I’m just being paranoid.

Quote:
After hours of backcountry roads, we arrive at the Peace Bridge. The U.S. border officer asks us if we have anything to declare. He doesn’t ask if we’re experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.

Upon my return to New Jersey, I realized that I had always assumed Canada would be my safe haven. I thought I had an escape plan if things went further awry in the States. But perhaps Americans have gone too far this time, and even Canada the Good has had enough.

Well, that comment section was a hotbed of bigotry - though I will give them credit for being a bit more coherent than their equivalent US posters.

It is mildly disconcerting that if the US does fall into a civil war, there will be nowhere to escape to.
TOS
the comments section as a phenomenon knows no borders

as for ecaping, y'all are very well armed, it could finally come in handy, in the form of informal invasions of various lands

(i politely suggest looking south rather than north)
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I have noticed a pretty dramatic decrease in no-maskers out and about. Even the idiot boomers who were always the worst offenders are masking up, at least around here.
TOS posted:
macaddict4life posted:
TOS posted:
jkahless posted:

Taiwan! The job is teaching Geometry through Precalculus, plus a research and presentation class on the side. You do need a teaching license. Pay is solid, and you get around half off tuition for the first kid and probably more off for the second kid, though we are expensive as balls, so most of our teachers with kids put them in the bilingual program at our other campus (instead of the international program here). Fringe benefits: There is no coronavirus here! (Unless you bring it with you...)
TOS
macaddict4life posted:
TOS posted:
macaddict4life posted:
TOS posted:
jkahless posted:

Taiwan! The job is teaching Geometry through Precalculus, plus a research and presentation class on the side. You do need a teaching license. Pay is solid, and you get around half off tuition for the first kid and probably more off for the second kid, though we are expensive as balls, so most of our teachers with kids put them in the bilingual program at our other campus (instead of the international program here). Fringe benefits: There is no coronavirus here! (Unless you bring it with you...)

always wanted to get to taiwan!

truth be told i can't imagine pulling up roots with my kids in the middle of a pandemic, and besides, i think canada just started showing up on international shitlists thanks to our friend mr. covid

maybe one day, eh?
TOS
yeah i'm assuming i'll be homeschooling all this year and the next year too -- possibly more beyond that
TOS posted:
macaddict4life posted:
TOS posted:
macaddict4life posted:
TOS posted:
jkahless posted:

always wanted to get to taiwan!

truth be told i can't imagine pulling up roots with my kids in the middle of a pandemic, and besides, i think canada just started showing up on international shitlists thanks to our friend mr. covid

maybe one day, eh?

If I can get in teachers from the USA, I can get in teachers from Canada. 2 week mandatory quarantine, 1 week after where you are supposed to wear a mask any time you are out, and boom, good to go.
Oct. 23 (UPI) -- Fewer than 4% of adults in Wuhan, China, tested positive for antibodies against COVID-19, putting the possibility of countries developing "herd immunity" against the virus without a vaccine in doubt, according to an analysis published Friday by JAMA Network Open.
Quote:
The findings also suggest that those who experience mild disease or who have no outward symptoms of the virus may not develop long-lasting immunity to it naturally, the researchers said.

Quote:
The idea of herd immunity to COVID-19 occurring naturally in the absence of a vaccine is "wishful thinking at this point,"

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
If Vlad can do it, Donnie can, too!
macnuke Afar
Donny only admires and aspires
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Outbreak of Coronavirus

Page: 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39