Outbreak of Coronavirus

Page: 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], j_tso
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Pariah posted:
maurvir posted:
TOS posted:
more than 11,000 florida schoolchildren test positive for covid

most of the usa needs a severe lockdown to break the cycle of infection, but instead it just gets worse and worse

projections are calling for a quarter million deaths by the fall ... how many by this time next year? a million? two?

if it takes 5% of the population, america could lose 15 million people to this goddam thing

I recall a time not all that long ago when conservatives were pointing to Sweden as a better model than New York, Michigan, Connecticut, etc.
Remember when I said the US was (collectively) the stupidest place on the planet and you disagreed? :goth:

Surprisingly the the Swedes are the ones who have stick fiddled up this covid thing worse than the USA.

TOS
second wave hits israel like a tsunami

they have excellent public health and responded great to the first wave, but opened up too soon and, assisted by a political s***storm (pm netanyahu has been criminally indicted), the virus is out of control

Quote:
Jump to July, when cases of COVID-19 are spiking, putting Israel high on the list of countries who’ve lost control of the virus’ contagion; the economy is cratering, with unemployment at about 23 percent, and the new government is on the verge of collapse.

Pariah Know Your Enemy
There is a dramatic difference in mask wearing between blacks and whites. I live in a mostly white area but work in a mostly black area and it is super noticeable. Black people get it. I rarely see a black person walking around without a mask. But back by my house I see lots of no mask honkies. White men are the worst offenders of all with white women trailing a fairly distant second.

Idiots who are mistaking inconvenience for oppression. My peers are the worst, "stick fiddling boomers" said the stick fiddling boomer.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
TOS
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I feel like 500 years of karma are working it out.
dv
Tragic.

In the classic sense where a person is told what will happen, refuses to believe it or tries to prevent it from happening on their own terms instead of doing what the oracle says to, and horrible human waste happens as a result.
Lombo Opiofiend
It seems that coronavirus has taken more lives in Florida then all the hurricanes took since ever. And it is just getting started.
TOS
i have to believe that sooner or later they'll institute a lockdown, i have to

at the rate of increase this is going to become the most destructive event in american history in just a few months

they've got to lock it down, right? at some point?
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Have you ever dealt with someone you knew to be a literal narcissist?

Have you ever dealt with someone you knew to be a literal sociopath?

Have you ever dealt with someone you knew to be both a literal narcissist and a literal sociopath?
TOS posted:

the key thing here is what does his right wing virus denial family think of mask wearing now?
macnuke Afar
they are thinking that 2+2 is hurting their heads and will continue as is while offering poor little Dickie there some Thoughts and Prayers for his random bad luck
macnuke Afar
food for thought..

Corona has killed more US citizens than WW1 did.

it is over halfway to the number lost in WW2

it has exceeded the number killed in the Korean conflict.

it has exceeded the number killed in Vietnam conflict.

4 more years of Trump and Rona will kill more than all the wars total.

*America’s Wars Total (1775 -1991)
Battle Deaths 651,031
Other Deaths (In Theater) 308,800
Other Deaths in Service (Non-Theater) 230,254

*https://www.va.gov/opa/publications/factsheets/fs_americas_wars.pdf
That's more a testament to how relatively few Americans have died in foreign wars than how devastating Covid-19 is.
macnuke Afar
Ribtor posted:
That's more a testament to how relatively few Americans have died in foreign wars than how devastating Covid-19 is.

Covid-19 has only had 5 months to work on it.

edited to change name to Covid not 1thru18
TOS
macnuke posted:
food for thought..

Corona has killed more US citizens than WW1 did.

it is over halfway to the number lost in WW2

it has exceeded the number killed in the Korean conflict.

it has exceeded the number killed in Vietnam conflict.

4 more years of Trump and Rona will kill more than all the wars total.

*America’s Wars Total (1775 -1991)
Battle Deaths 651,031
Other Deaths (In Theater) 308,800
Other Deaths in Service (Non-Theater) 230,254

*https://www.va.gov/opa/publications/factsheets/fs_americas_wars.pdf

quarter million by fall, and if exponential growth continues anyfuckingthing is possible
DEyncourt posted:
Lombo posted:
I red that in Alabama they are doing COVID parties. They invite a bunch of peoples with COVID and people that don’t have it, they put money into a pot and the first non-sick to catch it wins the pot. :wtf:

It's part of the anti-vaxxer's "logic": I deliberately will give my children the measles so they can get their immunity naturally and not through some toxin-loaded vaccine!

My guess that the written rules for that COVID-19 party will not have a provision for giving the prize money to the surviving relatives of that first person to get sick.

BUT Dr. David Gorski wrote this concerning COVID-19 parties.

As best as he could determine, all stories supposedly about COVID-19 parties including the story specifically in Tuscaloosa, AL, were at their very best second-hand stories with no actual participants proclaiming their defiance to the disease. These stories should be placed in the "urban legend" category.

This is not to say that there are no idiots protesting against rules designed to stop COVID-19 sperad but that is different from people deliberately spreading the disease.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
DEyncourt posted:

This is not to say that there are no idiots protesting against rules designed to stop COVID-19 sperad but that is different from people deliberately spreading the disease.

I would dispute that. People who refuse Covid safety are, at the very best, criminally negligent and that is just as bad as straight up deliberately spreading the disease.
People who do not follow safety rules are a clear and present danger to everyone else and need to be treated as such. Given how stores and cops won't enforce things I think it may be time for vigilante action.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
This crap just gets better and better. Now it seems that COVID19 is not only airborne, but it may be passed to unborn children.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/heal ... id-19.html
TOS
really scary indications that covid antibodies start to fade after a couple of weeks — people are catching it more than once

if this is true for everyone, it means there can never be herd immunity

even vaccination might be useless
macnuke Afar
it's a given it will be junk.
it evolves too rapidly.

big pharma will make billions tho.
macnuke Afar
macnuke posted:

That really isn't funny. :squint:
macnuke Afar
my niece is an elementary school teacher... it's her second year and she voiced her concerns to her righty righty parents.... they said she should work.

one of her other aunts and myself said I would take unemployment. not the she needs it. told her I was very concerned. her aunt agreed with me.

poor child is torn between the right thing and the right wing.
so does the opening of schools bother me.. let me count the millions of ways it does.
The "conservative" right are the collective Lord Farquad of the US right now.
macnuke Afar
well there is this one.

TOS
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
macnuke Afar
Alexander Supertramp posted:

Trump now has the real numbers as he has blocked CDC from getting any data.

the numbers will start trending down according to his graphs any day now.
Why will people not tell him to fiddlesticks off and do the right think anyway? Seriously? Now he has hospitals breaking federal law for him.
dv
maurvir posted:
Why will people not tell him to fiddlesticks off and do the right think anyway? Seriously? Now he has hospitals breaking federal law for him.

The hospital administrators voted for him, remember?
TOS
every us state is doing worse than canada

please believe me when i say that canada has not been at all extraordinary in fighting this thing ... there have been tons of mistakes and missteps

in truth, if you're doing worse than us it means you've really stick fiddled up bad

meanwhile one report says 45% of counties in the usa are battling out-of-control outbreaks
TOS
quarter million new infections globally in 24 hours

jesus christ
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Oh, here he comes now.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
This is really disturbing, but expected. :(
dv
TOS
dv posted:

i drove past a country church the other day with a sign out front that said, "god is virtually everywhere," with a url to their online services
TOS
TOS
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Outbreak of Coronavirus

Page: 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35