Outbreak of Coronavirus

Page: 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Online now: DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], j_tso, Metacell
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Hopefully it stays mild, Kirk. I can't even imagine working in some of these places right now given the risk factor.
Moms fever is now constant and hanging in the 100-101 F range. Her blood oxygen levels remain good at 94. Her confusion is bad as she can’t even string a single sentence together. She’s got a bed in the covid section of the local hospital. She doesn’t have a uti. Kinda wish it was that simple.

Last edited by Kirk on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:45 am.

TOS
we're hoping and praying for you and your mother, kirk
dv
Mom's now stable and fever free. If she maintains for two more days she'll get transferred back to the home. It looks good
macnuke Afar
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
That's fantastic news, Kirk!
:up:
dv
That's a relief.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Kirk posted:
Mom's now stable and fever free. If she maintains for two more days she'll get transferred back to the home. It looks good

:up:
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
They gave her dexamethazone and ivermectin while in the hospital. The dexamethazone is a steroid which should have helped prevent the cytokine storm and other inflammations. The ivermectin Working for covid was news to me. Side benefit she’ll not have any parasites

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7321032/
Glad to hear it, Kirk. :up:
If drinking bleach doesn't work, maybe try huffing gasoline (this wasn't trump)

https://gizmodo.com/bad-advice-from-dic ... 1844570731

I know I don't need to tell you this but DO NOT HUFF GASOLINE!
The spanish flu lasted a bit over 2 years, it infected 500 million people–about a third of the world's population at the time–in four successive waves. The death toll is typically estimated to have been somewhere between 17 million and 50 million, making it one of the deadliest pandemics in human history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

Yay, we're witnessing history.

:goth:
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Kirk posted:

Awesome!
Mom has been discharged. Back to assisted living after some celebration at my sister’s place. They’ve got her on the following meds:
Dexamethazone - a steroid she’s been on for a while to treat GCA and which probably helped with covid related inflammation
Flagyl - aka Metronidazole, an antibiotic. Other than just perhaps to reduce risk of picking up something at the hospital, im not sure why they’re giving her this.
Levaquin - aka Levofloxacin, another antibiotic, and one with stronger side effects. Ok what the hell was she exposed to in the hospital? Checking . . .
Apparently it is prophylactic. To prevent Old people from dying of secondary infections
Southwest Airlines cuts back on COVID-19 cleaning to get planes back in the air quicker

Quote:
Airlines around the world are facing a difficult juggling act: how do you reduce the risks posed by COVID-19 while keeping costs down in a notoriously low-margin industry? As flight schedules begin to increase once more, Southwest Airlines is taking the decision to reduce its pandemic cleaning routines to minimize turnaround times and financial losses.

Because fiddlesticks you, give me money.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/2n ... l-n1235877

Quote:
A second-grade student in Georgia tested positive for the coronavirus after attending the first day of school, leading the district to ask 20 other students and a teacher to self-quarantine for two weeks.

Parents were notified of the diagnosis on Tuesday, the Cherokee County School District said in a statement.

:: sighs heavily ::

In fairness, this means the kid probably caught it BEFORE going to school, but you knew this was going to happen.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Outbreak of Coronavirus

Page: 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35