Burger King sued after inadvertently serving meat to vegan

Page: 1, 2
Online now: Google [Bot], juice
Lombo Opiofiend
Juice bitchslap !
Lombo posted:
Juice bitchslap !

He doesn't prove me wrong though. Ask a Texan if he knows what a Pescatarian is.
juice Inadvertently correct
And he doubles down on this blatherskite.
dv
Betonhaus posted:
Lombo posted:
Juice bitchslap !

He doesn't prove me wrong though. Ask a Texan if he knows what a Pescatarian is.

Are you implying that Texans can't be literate? Because I know a few that would probably resent that implication.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
dv posted:
Betonhaus posted:
Lombo posted:
Juice bitchslap !

Are you implying that Texans can't be literate? Because I know a few that would probably resent that implication.

To be honest, the jury is still out on this one.
dv
maurvir posted:
dv posted:
Betonhaus posted:
Lombo posted:
Juice bitchslap !

To be honest, the jury is still out on this one.

Bratboy.
juice Inadvertently correct
I'm done with this. Arguing with an idiot is like wrestling a pig. You get muddy and the pig enjoys it.
dv posted:
Betonhaus posted:
Lombo posted:
Juice bitchslap !

I'm implying that Texans wouldn't care what made up labels you come up with.
dv
Betonhaus posted:
dv posted:
Betonhaus posted:
Lombo posted:
Juice bitchslap !

I'm implying that Texans wouldn't care what made up labels you come up with.

That's the thing; firstly, people who are a thing generally do care what you call them, and flaunting that even after you've been corrected is simply a dick move.

Secondly, I didn't make it up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pescetarianism

Ignorance is not strength.
juice posted:

It's certainly better than constantly mobing the goal post. This entire discussion has pivoted because certain people keep on focusing on narrower and narrower details to point at as exceptions to the other person's point.

As it is my stance hasn't changed. Most people don't give a human waste, and a corporation will only do so on request because if they treated every customer like a delicate fae then it would not be worth it to to cater to vegetarianism on any part of the spectrum.
dv
Betonhaus posted:
juice posted:

It's certainly better than constantly mobing the goal post. This entire discussion has pivoted because certain people keep on focusing on narrower and narrower details to point at as exceptions to the other person's point.

As it is my stance hasn't changed. Most people don't give a human waste, and a corporation will only do so on request because if they treated every customer like a delicate fae then it would not be worth it to to cater to vegetarianism on any part of the spectrum.

Nobody's moving a goal post. You asserted that a thing was a different thing, you were corrected, and your response was to whine about culture wars and claim that you were being persecuted for living in the real world.

You learned a word today. Get over yourself.
Lombo Opiofiend
I miss bratboy. Come back, please.
obvs My password is "contraseña"
macnuke posted:
buying a "vegan" burger at burger king is like ordering a lettuce only salad at a butcher shop. unrealistic.

meat is going to happen. it's not a surgical unit.. it's not a "clean room"
meat will happen because those places cannot keep that human waste separate.
if you're a veg.....don't be just smart.... be stick fiddling realistic.
you walk into burger king, you are walking on the wild side.
plan on meat.
it's going to happen.
That's not your decision to make.

If you're advertising a meatless burger you need to be selling a meatless burger.
obvs posted:
macnuke posted:
buying a "vegan" burger at burger king is like ordering a lettuce only salad at a butcher shop. unrealistic.

plan on meat.
it's going to happen.

If you're advertising a meatless burger you need to be selling a meatless burger.

https://burgerking.ca/content/bk-veggie-burger

Quote:
Allergens: Soy, Egg, Milk, Wheat

macnuke Afar
Betonhaus posted:
obvs posted:
macnuke posted:

plan on meat.
it's going to happen.

Quote:

just stating the obvious.

it's their decision to go into a meat shop and order a veggie burger.
when the reality is it's burger light for meat eaters.
you go ahead and have your anti oxidants and probiotics....
because you know that micro fractional addition ( snake oil terminology) is going to make you all healthy and cure the tinitus in your ears and the fatty buildup of your liver.

oh wait... there is truth in advertising.. no one selling human waste lies..
I'm sorry, my bad
Vulture 420
I was a vegetarian for 13 years. I operated in that time under the assumption that no meat was in anything I ate, but I ate fish, eggs, and milk. Being a vegetarian for those years was in hindsight my dumbest dietary period. In my defense, nobody I knew was any smarter nutritionally, and choosing to not eat meat is just a hardship on the dieter unless the goal is to just breathe and survive without any level of physical activity. It was an easy decision for me, I had no appreciation for the taste and benefits of good meat. It prepared me for really deep appreciation for really good meat prepared and cooked properly.

If Burger King offered this processed garbage fake meat thing back when I was a vegetarian, I would have eaten it gladly.
I reduced the meat in my diet because of I don't need it and I try to differentiate need from mere want.
Turning to a processed alternative product that markets itself as near-meat may be almost as wasteful and unnecessary as just consuming real meat in the first place.
Betonhaus posted:
obvs posted:
macnuke posted:

plan on meat.
it's going to happen.

Quote:
So it doesn't say "Meat grease", then?
dv
obvs posted:
Betonhaus posted:
obvs posted:
macnuke posted:

plan on meat.
it's going to happen.

Quote:

To be fair, everything in the restaurant, including the customers, is covered in a fine layer of meat grease.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
obvs posted:
Betonhaus posted:
obvs posted:
macnuke posted:

plan on meat.
it's going to happen.

Quote:

Just don’t get it grilled.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
obvs posted:
Betonhaus posted:
obvs posted:
macnuke posted:

plan on meat.
it's going to happen.

Quote:

What you are looking at is Burger King disclosing that the not burger burger is not intended for vegans. It also illustrates the lack of due diligence the vegan guy did before his purchase. Had he checked, which really anyone with special food needs should do, he would have discovered that the burger did not suit his food style and moved on to Pita Planet.
Vulture 420
Pariah posted:
... and moved on to Pita Planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWyMxErPkdI
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Robert B. posted:
I think you mean Pita Jungle.

I like that website. Especially the music player.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I was going for alliterative snark, not accuracy.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Vulture posted:
I was a vegetarian for 13 years. I operated in that time under the assumption that no meat was in anything I ate, but I ate fish, eggs, and milk. Being a vegetarian for those years was in hindsight my dumbest dietary period. In my defense, nobody I knew was any smarter nutritionally, and choosing to not eat meat is just a hardship on the dieter unless the goal is to just breathe and survive without any level of physical activity. It was an easy decision for me, I had no appreciation for the taste and benefits of good meat. It prepared me for really deep appreciation for really good meat prepared and cooked properly.

If Burger King offered this processed garbage fake meat thing back when I was a vegetarian, I would have eaten it gladly.

I am a pescatarian first and foremost because I am willing to kill a fish, but not a cow or a pig or support the environmental destruction and cruelty involved. It is not a dietary health issue at all. Meat in small quantities (not at the typical quantities of Americans) is undeniably healthy, especially for children. Fish is easily the healthiest of meats though. As a Shakta, I will feel free to call Ganachakra once per season to indulge my bloodlust and honor my hunter ancestors with the eating of a hamburger or bacon, but the urge diminishes with each passing year. People have their reasons and their thresholds, and I don't care about meat grease on the grill. I understand that there are limits to the amount of economy kitchens can devote to meatlesness and one should understand that reality will seldom meet any perfect ideals, but vegans should own their own burden to do the research themselves.

This is nearly identical to the case of the Hindu who bought the veggie burrito at Taco Bell and then after finding it was cooked on the same grill as beef sued for a trip back to India to be purified in the Ganges. Again, dumb and unrealistic, but the companies should label these obvious pitfalls just to cover-their asses.
ca·ve·at emp·tor
/ˌkavēˌät ˈem(p)ˌtôr/
noun
noun: caveat emptor

the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Right, but that is Roman Law and it is not American federal law. Only Alabama and Arkansas are Caveat Emptor states (it figures).
The principle still applies, and while it may not be official, Roman law formed the basis for British common law, which was then the basis for US law.

That said, I do support the FDA and laws that prevent companies from selling poison as healthful. However, at a certain point, I do think the consumer has to take some responsibility. Blaming Burger King for serving your meal with meat grease isn't anywhere in the same universe as the Chinese serving melamine in their milk.
Which was the main point of my post here.

Remember this is a PROPOSED class action lawsuit. If the plaintiff is fully successful in his suit, then my nightmare future is what EVERY customer will see at EVERY place that serves food, not just at Burger King drive-throughs.
Vulture 420
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in a court of law since the only thing being hurt here are the vegan's feelings, it should be thrown out rather quickly. If it's a proposed class action suit standing up for all vegan feelings, it still will be thrown out rather quickly. Until veganism becomes an identifiable religion like other religions, there really isn't a case until religious rights can come into play. Between religious spirituality beliefs about food like Halal and Kosher and just plain vegan feelings and beliefs, it's not going to work until there is a unified effort to get these things certified in some way as legit. I'm all for vegans finally fessing up and declaring their religion so they can win cases like this legitimately based on religious rights and freedoms.
macnuke Afar
vegans do not contribute to corporate shareholder value of any significance.
the lawsuit will be all for naught and the vegans 15 minutes of fame will expire.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Burger King sued after inadvertently serving meat to vegan

Page: 1, 2