Karaoke

Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]
You're drunk, you wif friends. You don't care. What do you sing?
macnuke Afar
She's lost that loving feeling
As an aside when you're drunk and someone talking in your ear does it ecsr seriously sound like it has the electric sawtooth filter 9n it?
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Play That Funky Music
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Betonhaus posted:
As an aside when you're drunk and someone talking in your ear does it ecsr seriously sound like it has the electric sawtooth filter 9n it?

huh?

somebody put something weird in your drink or you need to see an hearing doctor

or, you're dating a robot
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
YMCA

also, hope you're not too hung over this morning
juice Inadvertently correct
I avoid karaoke places and events. I’m not musical, and unlike most of the other people who usually sing karaoke, I recognize my limitations.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
I ended up singing Dancing with Myself by Billy idol. One of the few songs I knew enough to sing that wasn't a woman singer or a Christmas song or very slow and depressing. Aparrently I had a hard time getting my voice loud enough but I did fine.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
juice posted:
I avoid karaoke places and events. I’m not musical, and unlike most of the other people who usually sing karaoke, I recognize my limitations.

sing "my way" the sex pistols version
juice posted:

The purpose is to have fun, and not give a human waste if you suck or not. If you wanted to sing because you wee good then you'd be in a band. If you're afraid of karaoke because you think you're not good enough, then you need to find friends you're comfortably singing horribly with.
It’s not fun listening to songs I don’t like being sung badly.
dv
I don't know any songs. Bugger off and let me drink.
jkahless Custom Title
Ain't no Sunshine. I usually have the bar's full attention by the end of the second line. Either that or Home for A Rest, with a little jig at the end.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I usually do Blondie's "Call Me."
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
juice posted:

That's not nearly as bad as listening to songs you DO like being sung badly.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
maurvir posted:
juice posted:

That's not nearly as bad as listening to songs you DO like being sung badly.

you don't go to a karaoke place for good singing, you go to laugh at the bad singing, as a performer you should enjoy being a clown (or actually be a good at singing)

and both performers and audience need enough drinks to enjoy their time

or that's what I think, I've never been to a karaoke place
You need to be able to laugh at stupid crap; it's a vital endless existence survival skill.
jkahless Custom Title
There's a fellow at my usual joint who comes in and gestitulates with arms and twirls and dips and flourishes, then loudly sings Sexy Eyes off key to his wife. He hates singing but she loves it so he does it every week. Another fellow in his 80s comes shuffles out and sings old ballads with a good voice, quivering with age. He asks me if I'm from Ireland every time I sing a ballad or a punk song, because he can never remember me. He's actually a bit of an uncouth individual. Then there's the 7 foot tall goth who only speaks in iambic pentameter and can do power falsetto to bring the house down. You can't worry about the music being great. The people are where it's at.
It's totally about The Zoo. Which if they have The Zoo, I'll sing it, otherwise it's Big City Nights.
Vulture 420
I never do it.
macnuke Afar
Vulture posted:
I never do it.

best choice.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Having grown up in the era of piano bars, I despise Karaoke (carry-yer-own-key). One of my friends lost her job to a machine, and that really sucked for her.
Another casualty of the automation movement.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
I prefer the private rooms you can book at the Korean and Japanese joints. Just drinking and singing with friends.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
I haven't done it in ~30 years I think.
I had a friend who used to do something like "Whole Lotta Love" and would scream every line at the very top of his lungs.

The last time I even saw karaoke was in a bar frequented by Japanese folks who took the whole thing very, very seriously.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Every chance I get. And I'll sing mostly anything I know well enough.
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
I will occasionally go out with a bunch of music folk and do karaoke. It's entertaining. And since we can all actually sing it's only horrible on the ears when other people do it.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Karaoke