Remember my $4000 transmission?

Online now: Google [Bot]
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Well, it turns out there's a class action lawsuit against Nissan for the C VTs in Versas and Sentras. I doubt i'll get much if anything, but we'll see.
Vulture 420
Those CVTs are notoriously horrible.
dv
justine posted:
Well, it turns out there's a class action lawsuit against Nissan for the C VTs in Versas and Sentras. I doubt i'll get much if anything, but we'll see.

Usually the settlement is a repair extension program or ten year warranty on the effected part, not actual cash rebates.
dv posted:
justine posted:

Usually the settlement is a repair extension program or ten year warranty on the effected part, not actual cash rebates.

The first part of the settlement IS warranty extension, but from what i'm hearing it isn't stopping there because so many of the cars were out of warranty when the transmissions failed.
dv
justine posted:
dv posted:
justine posted:

The first part of the settlement IS warranty extension, but from what i'm hearing it isn't stopping there because so many of the cars were out of warranty when the transmissions failed.

Good. Hopefully they send you a check. :D
I likely won't see anything. Even tho it was acting up within the extended warranty, it wasn't fixed until it was out of warranty. I'm still going to try, though.
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
I don't remember, but good luck.
macnuke Afar
do you have documentation of bring it in for trans problems while it was under warranty? if you do... you say they lied and blew you off till it was out of warranty
There's no documentation.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Remember my $4000 transmission?