Time to change your clocks.

Online now: Google [Bot]
Good morning.

Now wind your clocks back an hour then go back to sleep.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
wut? why? no I won't

:p
Yori Program
Did ours a week ago :P
Vulture 420
Just did the microwave, it fooled me already.
Lombo Opiofiend
I hate this stick fiddling human waste.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I only had to do a grandfather clock, and that was done by stilling the pendulum for an hour and then starting it back up.
TOS
Lombo posted:
I hate this stick fiddling human waste.

i don't know about quebec, but bc got rid of it this year and ontario's thinking of following suit
Old Yoda agitator
macnuke Afar
my phone is automagical for doing that for me
We don't do that here!
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
DST is for suckers.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Still waiting for the feds to approve what the great voters of California voted for. Year round DST.
Vulture 420
Damn, I have to change the time on the security DVR. Interestingly, I have a mechanical timer outside for the lights at the front of the house, and because the timer is set to when the sun sets and rises, I don't have to change the settings because who cares if the pins are at 6pm and 6am or 5pm and 5am.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
justine posted:
Still waiting for the feds to approve what the great voters of California voted for. Year round DST.

I would prefer year round standard time but I would settle for year long DST. I just want it to stop.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Pariah posted:
justine posted:

I would prefer year round standard time but I would settle for year long DST. I just want it to stop.

This. While I would prefer DST, I would settle for either one so long as it was permanent.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I wonder how far this will get:
Quote:
A bill pre-filed in Kentucky is looking to bring time changes to an abrupt end.

"Having to fall back or spring forward is an antiquated practice that needs to end," says 89th district State Representative Robert Goforth.
... We need to just lock the clock, I think it has bi-partisan support from many different groups," says Goforth. "I think it can show that we can work together and we do commonsense things for the people of Kentucky."

https://www.wymt.com/content/news/Kentu ... EXAbguOaNg

I'm pretty sure it favors permanent DST.
jkahless Custom Title
justine posted:

Cool! You'll be on Pacific Time with us in BC.

I love the idea of year long dst. An extra hour of sun in the evenings will be the difference between some and no sun in a lot of people's lives.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
jkahless posted:
justine posted:

I love the idea of year long dst. An extra hour of sun in the evenings will be the difference between some and no sun in a lot of people's lives.

so, basically, fiddlesticks the people who have to be out in the early morning and I am sure that pushing morning rush hour into permanent darkness will do wonders for highway safety.
juice Inadvertently correct
Let's split the difference. Move the clock a half hour forward from standard time and be done.
jkahless Custom Title
Pariah posted:
jkahless posted:
justine posted:

so, basically, fiddlesticks the people who have to be out in the early morning and I am sure that pushing morning rush hour into permanent darkness will do wonders for highway safety.

The people who have to be out early in the morning are already going to be out in the darkness. They'll benefit more from having an extra hour of sun in the evening after they get off work they can actually use.

As for the highway, there are these things called street lights. If they're not safe to use in the morning, they're not safe to use at night when it's currently dark in the winter.
jkahless Custom Title
I do realize you live in the south though, so you are working with more daylight Pariah.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
jkahless posted:

The people who have to be out early in the morning are already going to be out in the darkness. They'll benefit more from having an extra hour of sun in the evening after they get off work they can actually use.

As for the highway, there are these things called street lights. If they're not safe to use in the morning, they're not safe to use at night when it's currently dark in the winter.

Everything here applies to the evening as well.
I think this is another curious reflection of how we live in a stay up late oriented culture that is hostile to morning activities.
jkahless Custom Title
I'd be happy to fundamentally shift how our society works, but in the meantime, social pressure means people socialize after work, not in the morning. And sunshine makes people happier and healthier.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
jkahless posted:
I'd be happy to fundamentally shift how our society works, but in the meantime, social pressure means people socialize after work, not in the morning. And sunshine makes people happier and healthier.

You may socialize in the evenings, most of my fun activities are in the mornings.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Time to change your clocks.