Anyone do business with AXS.com?

Online now: Betonhaus, Bing (sucks), Google [Bot]
They are an online ticketing agency.

The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe is having a show here in LA on November 23rd and I am interesting in going. They are using AXS.com as their ticketing agency.

BUT I am having problems with AXS.com. I got logged in and made my purchase so I have a ticket. They also suggested that I get their phone app so that I can carry an e-ticket version with me as long as I have my phone with me. That sounded reasonable and I downloaded it to my iPhone, BUT when I tried to log back into AXS.com on my phone I got a warning that either my e-mail address or my password was wrong. I have tried several times starting at about 11 am today. I have used their suggestion to have them send me a (probably) temporary password, but after getting my first e-mail which contained a version of my ticket to this event that I MUST print out, I have yet to get ANY e-mail responses from them despite having tried that sending a new password to my e-mail.

Heh. One of the advantages AXS cited was that they could provide services which could easily transfer a ticket sale from one user to another in case of illness or some other complication that prevented the original purchasers from attending. That sounded nice, but not if this also made it easier to hijack my ticket and even my account because I don't want to get to the venue only to find that my ticket was no longer valid.

I sent an e-mail to that e-mail that I got from them with that printed ticket form. I got some more e-mail back asking me to use their site for any questions or complaints, so I used that basically to warn them that I would be telling my credit card company to cancel my purchase if I did not receive any usable responses from them within the next week. I might shorten that to a couple of days since this has been so problematic.

Yeouch! I called my credit card company that I used. Since I called them and I did check out some information on my account with the automated system at the start I'm pretty sure that it was valid, but when I asked to talk to representative she asked a number of questions that sounded weird like what was my password (AKA "mother's maiden name") for ANOTHER credit card. It might have been the same credit card company but I had stopped using that one several years ago so that particular account MUST be invalid by now.

I wanted the credit card company to place some sort of flag on my account marking any further purchases made through AXS.com as suspicious (invalid, really), but rep would only say that my only option was to cancel my purchase. <sigh> I wound up not doing anything YET.

Sorry, the paranoia is running deep here. I hope you understand.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
print the ticket, delete the app, and keep on truckin.
DukeofNuke posted:

Really? Especially considering that one of the advantages claimed by AXS is the ease of transferring a ticket? Would you want to do your suggestion, then go to the trouble of showing up only to have the venue tell you that your ticket had been transferred so that paper ticket has been worthless within minutes of purchase?

Just now I tried AXS.com method of getting sent a new password, so at least today that worked BUT when I tried to log in, I got their equivalent of the spinning ball. I let that run for the entire time I composed a new e-mail, so around 20 minutes without it ever stopping.

In that mail I gave them a deadline of noon PDT today to contact me, otherwise I would have my credit card company cancel the purchase.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I hear the ads for them here all the time. Moreso than Ticketmaster. Never used them tho. I'd just hang tight. If something happens on your account, you should be ok as far as getting charges reversed.
obvs My password is "contraseƱa"
AXS used to own the television station HDNET. It was owned by Marc Cuban. They renamed themselves AXSTV. I used to watch Gotham Comedy Live in that network.
DEyncourt posted:
DukeofNuke posted:

.. go to the trouble of showing up only to have the venue tell you that your ticket had been transferred so that paper ticket has been worthless within minutes of purchase?

Not people to be doing business with, then.
obvs posted:
AXS used to own the television station HDNET. It was owned by Marc Cuban. They renamed themselves AXSTV. I used to watch Gotham Comedy Live in that network.

There is a cable channel named AccessTV that had been recently--maybe during my hospitalization?--added to my cable service.
Ribtor posted:
DEyncourt posted:
DukeofNuke posted:

.. go to the trouble of showing up only to have the venue tell you that your ticket had been transferred so that paper ticket has been worthless within minutes of purchase?

Not people to be doing business with, then.

Well, it is my first experience with AXS.com. Yes, I am not happy.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
So, are you like, afraid of being hacked? Your credit card info stolen? Identity theft kinda thing?
Seems to be 'cost of doing business' these days.
Besides; once you download the ticket for printing, is it still transferable to another phone? That seems a bit ... incorrect ...
justine posted:
I hear the ads for them here all the time. Moreso than Ticketmaster. Never used them tho. I'd just hang tight. If something happens on your account, you should be ok as far as getting charges reversed.

Yeah, not VERY worried about the credit card charges (although read my last paragraphs in my original post), but I really would like to go the event.

Maybe I'll go anyway and hope that they aren't sold out? I've never been to the Dynasty Typewriter--yeah, a weird name--so I have no idea of large it might be. Apparently they are "new" in that it is a new name for an older theater: The Haywood.

Huh, I just now used the Typewriter's Calendar to look at their schedule. I clicked on the tickets link and it sent me to AXS.com BUT this time somehow I got logged in (so I guess my login attempt "worked" eventually). There I clicked on "Your Events": "no upcoming events".

No idea as to why, but clearly my printable ticket is no longer valid.

Oh, DukeofNuke, the reason why I HAD to get logged in the first place was through their app to get my ticket set up as an e-ticket within their app. That was when my problems began.

I tried logging back in directly through AXS.com. Still their equivalent of the spinning ball.

<sigh> Maybe I will go to the trouble of going to the Dynasty Typewriter to buy my ticket in person.
Ah, I found via Wikipedia the Hayworth Theatre. Heh, I guess it would have helped to spell it right.

Yikes! "99-seat, 42-seat and 49-seat auditoriums and a 1,500 square-foot ballroom used for rehearsals, classes, and special events". Maybe they will be getting chairs for that ballroom, but at 1,500 square feet, that's not much larger than 99 seats.
I called my credit card company and had them flag my AXS.com purchase as a problem that should be reversed as soon as AXS attempts to collect.

I have e-mailed my "contact" (although all the responses I have gotten have been automated) at AXS warning them that I am having my credit card cancel my purchase.

Oh, and I deleted their phone app.
Despite my 12 noon PDT deadline and leaving my smartphone number, nothing from AXS.
Heh. I retraced my steps I did before and got logged back into AXS.com. I am awaiting a response either via their chat or a phone call.
TOS
i wish i knew why sleaze and corruption with ticketing is so openly tolerated
I sent a message to the SGU giving only the briefest details on my problems with getting a ticket to their show in November. I don't expect them to do anything about it but I thought they might like to know there are problems with the ticketing agency.
obvs My password is "contraseƱa"
TOS posted:
i wish i knew why sleaze and corruption with ticketing is so openly tolerated
I wanted to see Neil deGrasse Tyson speak next week, so I looked. $69 per ticket for the cheap seats. But on the final page it jumps to $85 per ticket.
And ABSOLUTELY NUTHIN' back from AXS.com.

I got no one through their online chat.

No replies at all from ANY of my mail.

No replies via their complaint system, only canned responses of "Do any of these answer your question?" Q&As.

I guess I'm not going to go.
Let me add what I did to get logged into AXS.com. I have added details which may or may not be required.

1) in Safari, go to axs.com,

2) click on "Sign in" on the top bar,

3) in the sub-window that appears I put in my used e-mail address (which they use for account names) and my password. Make sure that their unfolding/folding box is running,

4) in a separate tab go to a venue like Dynasty Typewriter which has used axs.com,

5) go to that site's calendar and bring up a scheduled event like The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe Extravaganza and click on the "Purchase Tickets" button,

6) having been switched over to axs.com, copy that web address, then switch to the other tab trying log in to axs.com and paste in that copied text for the address and hit <Return>,

7) the same page at axs.com in axs.com should appear with the same info about buying tickets to that scheduled event BUT where previously there was "Sign in" there should be "Hi <your name>"

8) move your cursor on top of that "Hi <your name>" and a dropdown menu will appear with the options of "Your Account", "Your Events", "Logout" and "Help".

BTW: always make sure to log out when done.
That sounds unweildly. Anything that requires you to copy a url from a different site sounds fishy.
Old Yoda agitator
DEyncourt posted:
Let me add what I did . . . . . . . . . . .

Oh the joy of eCommerce!
Betonhaus posted:
That sounds unweildly. Anything that requires you to copy a url from a different site sounds fishy.

DEyncourt posted:
[snip]

6) having been switched over to axs.com, copy that web address, then switch to the other tab trying log in to axs.com and paste in that copied text for the address and hit <Return>,

[snip--bold added]

-----

Let me add: I was not looking for this specifically. I only came across this accidentally because I had left Safari open after one of my unsuccessful attempts to log into axs.com. I even had cleared out all the tabs I had opened when I pasted in that axs.com address for a specific event onto a blank Safari screen and luckily I noticed that I was then logged into axs.com.
I've sent in one more message through AXS' messaging system.

But oddly a few minutes after I posted that I got a TXT message on my phone. It was from Google which basically was letting me know that SOMETHING had happened which required me to type in the number in that confirmation TXT message. Well, just about the only thing I have that is related to Google is G-Mail and at the time that that TXT was sent I happened to be logged into G-Mail, so it wasn't me.

My message to AXS included my G-Mail account. And the troubling thing is that those Google confirmation TXTs are sent only AFTER I had typed in my password for G-Mail. And, no, I did not use the same password at AXS or even one using a similar pattern.

So...man-in-the-middle attack? Maybe AXS uses bad/weak crypto so even their supposedly secure web pages are easily hackable?

<sigh> I suppose that due diligence will require me to check EVERYTHING in which I have an online account.

But after some breakfast.
Vulture 420
Holy cow this sounds so complex I can't even follow it.
Vulture posted:

Which "this"? My roundabout way of getting logged into axs.com or just the whole ticketing scheme?

I will note that just "buying" my ticket was easy. While I had to "create" an account at AXS.com, I did NOT have to log into my account during my purchase.

-----

Still nothing from AXS.com. As far as I can tell no attempt has been made to contact me except by obviously automated systems, and even all of those were only AFTER my attempts to contact them.

Now that I know that the venue is rather small--even if the Dynasty Typewriter could be totally converted to a theater-in-the-round, my guess is that it could hold 400 audience members at the very most (and that would have been much too small for SGU's audience in the LA area), I have a suspicion that what the "problem" is for AXS is that the SGU event was sold out very quickly (I have sent a query to SGU asking about this), so what AXS is counting on is that while they will be SO APOLOGETIC when so many people with tickets show up on the day of the event, online AXS will offer things like discounts to future events (thus all the while hanging onto that money for dear life)...well, assuming that any complainers could get logged into the AXS.com site in the first place.
Oh, I don't have much of an online presence. The only things I can think of are Amazon.com and my dormant Twitter account, so I had reconfigured both so to log into either will require my typing in the confirmation number sent via TXT to my phone.
Vulture 420
DEyncourt posted:
Vulture posted:

Which "this"? My roundabout way of getting logged into axs.com or just the whole ticketing scheme?

I got lost when going from step 4 to step 5 and then trying to comprehend step 6. And then you added info about step 6 and it made my brain hurt. I still can't understand it, but it's probably from PTSD from helping my parents do things on their computer or trying to fix what they broke.

However, staying on topic, I think I've only bought tix online through three different sites, and trying to trust a new one each time was like giving a stranger the keys to my house. Never had any problems with my tickets, always used scannable codes on my smartphone screen as my ticket, but always payed through the nose compared to just showing up and paying cash at the door.
Ah, just for the purpose of illustration you can click on my link in step 5. You should see the Dynasty Typewriter's page for that SGU event in November with a "Purchase Tickets" button at the bottom. Click on that and you will be sent to AXS.com's page for that event where you actually buy the tickets. THAT page will not be logged into your AXS.com account, but to actually do step 6 with that cutting and pasting, you must have had set up an account at AXS.com (not that I am recommending doing that considering my experience).
Previously I have only used eventbrite.com for the booksigning I mentioned here. Really, that was my FIRST experience with any online ticketing agency (having had all of my experiences with TicketMaster long before online ticket purchasing was even a concept). No problems at all with that, just made my purchase and printed it out, no signing up with eventbrite.com.
DEyncourt posted:
obvs posted:

There is a cable channel named AccessTV that had been recently--maybe during my hospitalization?--added to my cable service.

My mistake: it is AXSTV.

-----

So...no one else tried to do anything with AXS.com? No good stories or bad ones?
Hey, AXS is BACK.

Recall that I had called my credit card company asking them to place a hold or whatever on my AXS purchase.

I just got my monthly bill and there is that AXS purchase.

<sigh> Well, at least there is a phone number accompanying that line. I gave it a call. After 45 minutes listening to dull on-hold music, I got sent to a "survey" where I was asked to rate the AXS rep, after which it hung up.
File a complaint with the BBB? I know Intel takes those seriously.
I guess I will be going to the SGU event but hrumph.

I did get an AXS rep on the phone and I did not have to wait too long on hold too. He said to me that my ticket is NOT transferable to the AXS phone app. He could not explain why when I could get logged into the AXS.com site that my account had no upcoming events.

I did get the sense that he was tired of having to field a lot of complaint calls.

Unfortunately the timing of the SGU event--Nov. 23rd--is when my credit card payment is due, so I cannot delay payment until afterwards.

Just for future references: AXS' phone number on my credit card bill is 888-929-7849.
I did go to the SGU Extravaganza today. It was a fun show which featured a lot of trickery involving OTHER situations which were something of the equivalent to optical illusions. I do recommend going when they have have other programs in the future which you can find here. Currently they will have Extravaganzas scheduled for Christchurch, New Zealand; Melbourne, Australia; Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and NYC.

I guess I should have just followed DukeofNuke's advice in his first reply here...

...except that in AXS' e-mail which sent the ticket to me, AXS did have those come-ons suggesting that I should download their phone app. Including the ideas that with the AXS app I would be able to more easily transfer their ticket to other AXS users if something came up that would stop me from going. Plus the appeal of being able to have that virtual ticket with me on my phone. And then I could not EVER log into the AXS.com website except through my machinations described above. And even then MY account there made no mention of my having a ticket at all.

And let me point out that ALL of those advantages were completely cancelled by my call to AXS' 888 number where the operator there said that my ticket could NOT be transferred to the AXS app. So a lot of my fretting would have been cancelled if that operator's note had been in my first e-mail with the ticket.

But now AXS will send me a monthly list of my activities with them.
BTW: I just now tried to log into my AXS account. Instead of getting the equivalent of their spinning ball which I had gotten before I get "Invalid username and password combination".
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Anyone do business with AXS.com?