This hurts my head. mental illness

Online now: DEyncourt, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Pariah, Warin
macnuke Afar
https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/pastor-jarrid-wilson-suicide

it's not whether you believe in religion of not. it's the mental illness that people suffer from and the paths they choose to try to find help.

yeah its fox.. but still.
obvs My password is "contraseña"
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
The mental pressure created by trying to live in hypocrisy can be devastating.
I'm not saying that was this guys problem.
I'm just sayin' ...
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
That is true, but I don't think that was the deal with this guy. He was openly advocating for mental health care within the church, and sometimes depression doesn't have a logical cause. It's just a foul-up in the brain due to some imbalance.

Maybe it will come out that he was a hypocrite in some way, but for now, I'm going to chalk it up to finally giving up after trying to be strong for so long. The whole thing is just sad all around. :(
justine Elitist Beer Lover
"Wilson wrote about contemplating suicide and said he found no resources in the church to help him cope with depression. Instead heard people saying, “Just have faith" -- but that didn’t help."

It sounds like he was reaching out in his own way, and those around him couldn't help. You'd think someone so involved with this issue would know where to turn if they wanted help. Having said that, he could've been so overwhelmed by what was going on internally, that he couldn't see there was help.
macnuke Afar
some feel it's either god's way or the devils way when it comes to the mind.

his primary support was god.
and there is only one thing about god you should understand.
god listens.
that is all.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

This hurts my head. mental illness