Lombo Perpetual fitness thread.

Page: 1, 2
Online now: Google [Bot]
Lombo Opiofiend
Today while doing a light maintenance training. I thought of posting the results as a way to motivate me and track progress.

Here it goes:

Fitness level: Good
Activity: Walking
Duration: 30:17
Distance: 3.66 km
Training Effect: 3.3 TE
Calories: 363 kcal
Avg. pace: 8:17 min/km
Cadence: 138 spm
Speed: 7.2 km/h
Avg. Heart rate: 145 bpm
Max Heart rate: 185 bpm

Go Me !
TOS
well done! do you have a specific goal?
nice
consistency, at least three days a week will yield best results.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
Kirk posted:
nice
consistency, at least three days a week will yield best results.

THAT
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I am super glad I have been walking Chico around 2 miles everyday during my period of unemployment. Running a press is a bit physically demanding but the regular walks have kept me at a decent point of basic fitness.
Pariah posted:
I am super glad I have been walking Chico around 2 miles everyday during my period of unemployment. Running a press is a bit physically demanding but the regular walks have kept me at a decent point of basic fitness.

<sigh>

Being forced to walk my dog is a good argument for me to get a pet, specifically a dog.

BUT I KNOW that I would be a horribly negligent owner which why I have not done this. Hell, I don't even keep proper care of MYSELF....
Lombo Opiofiend
TOS posted:

I want to boost my vo2 max capability so as to be able to run at least 10 k. As it is now, I am almost jogging considering I walk at a 138 steps/ minute cadence. I would like to be able to run for an hour non-stop.
TOS
Lombo posted:
TOS posted:

I want to boost my vo2 max capability so as to be able to run at least 10 k. As it is now, I am almost jogging considering I walk at a 138 steps/ minute cadence. I would like to be able to run for an hour non-stop.

nice!

i fantasize about running a 5k with my kids
DEyncourt posted:
Pariah posted:

<sigh>

Being forced to walk my dog is a good argument for me to get a pet, specifically a dog.

BUT I KNOW that I would be a horribly negligent owner which why I have not done this. Hell, I don't even keep proper care of MYSELF....

Think of it as helping each other instead.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
DEyncourt posted:
Pariah posted:

<sigh>

Sometimes taking care of a pet seems more urgent that selfcare so the dog helps you help you. It is hard to say no to a pair of pleading brown eyes backed up by the possibility of a pile of poop in your house if you don't. :)
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Yesterday, I walked ten minutes on a treadmill.
My legs still ache.
Lombo Opiofiend
The more you walk the less it will ache. Was it for a cardiac test?
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I love to walk, after 8 hours working on my feet I come home, have a snack and relax about a half hour and take my dog out for a 1 mile walk. it works the kinks out from working and walking a dog is good for your soul.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Lombo posted:
The more you walk the less it will ache. Was it for a cardiac test?

Pre-employment physical.
They also made me carry around a 30 lb box, walk up and down stairs and stand on one foot.
I asked them when I would be fitted for my spacesuit, because I felt like I was trying out for the astronaut corp.
dv
Housemate's brother is visiting with the kids for the first time ever. (Kids are ten.) House obviously had to be spic and span.

This is why there are no fat housekeepers.

Pariah Know Your Enemy
I have seen plenty of fat housekeeps...just sayin.
:goth:

Let's just say I'm not going to try dating again for a while.

Last edited by Betonhaus on Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:37 am.

Lombo Opiofiend
15000 steps today and it’s not over. Your 20000 steps are wonderful.
Vulture 420
I love these kind of threads, it's my daily priority. Aside from doing smart workouts whenever I feel like I have the energy, diet plays a more important role. My workouts change, I learn more each year about how to vary them or how to revisit prior workouts, but only when I'm 100% off sugar and eating very low carbohydrate meals daily with 200g and more protein does it always make the biggest impact in the mirror. Luckily, since I do not take any kinds of drugs prescribed or unprescribed, I also feel great when I look great. Keep this up as I'll be checking in!

Years are going by, and that means I'm aging. However, removing all sugar and keeping insulin low while eating nutrient dense foods is slowing my aging process, even reversing it from when I've added sugar and carbs and immediately looked older. The biggest lesson I've learned the past year is insulin control and eating breakfast only after it's been at least 14 hours since my last meal.
Vulture 420
dv posted:
Housemate's brother is visiting with the kids for the first time ever. (Kids are ten.) House obviously had to be spic and span.

This is why there are no fat housekeepers.

When I had to rebuild my bathroom and spend 6-8 hours in there a day I ate 4 thousand calories a day and still had abs. Cardio is the answer to burning the fat that won't disappear, and general carpentry was my cardio.
Vulture 420
Pariah posted:
I love to walk, after 8 hours working on my feet I come home, have a snack and relax about a half hour and take my dog out for a 1 mile walk. it works the kinks out from working and walking a dog is good for your soul.

This is great for the dog and the owners. I used to work as a dog walker for my friend about 10 years ago and I had to ride a bicycle about a mile and a half to his house, then walk his dogs for about a mile for up to an hour, then ride back home every morning. That was about an extra 800 calories that I burned that could be eaten back in daily or not eaten to lose weight.
Lombo Opiofiend
Today I had a 15.7 km day. Carrying wood to and from the place where we trimmed trees. It amounts to 22000 steps but loaded with wood.
Vulture 420
Lombo posted:
Today I had a 15.7 km day. Carrying wood to and from the place where we trimmed trees. It amounts to 22000 steps but loaded with wood.

That sounds like a serious workout.
juice Inadvertently correct
Sometimes, I find myself loaded with wood.
Lombo Opiofiend
There's definitely a lot of sap leaking.

Last edited by Betonhaus on Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:46 am.

mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Can I count the time I’m driving a train as movement?
jkahless Custom Title
I’m working as a dishwasher, I simply cannot eat enough. I’ve more or less stabalized at 185, but I am slowly losing every ounce of fat and turning it into muscle. It’s done wonders for my love life.
Vulture 420
jkahless posted:
I’m working as a dishwasher, I simply cannot eat enough. I’ve more or less stabalized at 185, but I am slowly losing every ounce of fat and turning it into muscle. It’s done wonders for my love life.

There isn't enough to be said about this! You are no doubt moving in every motion plane, using all of your muscles in the upper body and recruiting fat stores for energy just to maintain that level of activity. Many who train in a gym regularly don't go the extra mile to burn off all the fat like you are, but if they just did some stair climbing machine for 30 minutes after each workout, the difference would be like night and day.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Vulture posted:
jkahless posted:

There isn't enough to be said about this! You are no doubt moving in every motion plane, using all of your muscles in the upper body and recruiting fat stores for energy just to maintain that level of activity. Many who train in a gym regularly don't go the extra mile to burn off all the fat like you are, but if they just did some stair climbing machine for 30 minutes after each workout, the difference would be like night and day.

I am not loosing weight despite my serious increase in activity. But I can feel my muscles growing so I am cool with my weight as I gain muscle mass. I had a quick weight loss early on with my new job but actually rebounded a little, I am still down 5 from a month ago.
I definitely feel more fit and I figure once I grow more muscle mass I will probably begin slowly loosing my gut. I am more of a tape measure guy than a scale guy any ways.
Lombo Opiofiend
I did another 25000 steps day today while working to trim trees. It involves transporting heavy branches and stepping into a 40 foot ladder while using a chainsaw. Great workout !
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Lombo posted:
I did another 25000 steps day today while working to trim trees. It involves transporting heavy branches and stepping into a 40 foot ladder while using a chainsaw. Great workout !

I paced out my machine and it is ten paces end to end. I don't count reps but I'd bet I walk that a good 50 times a day plus at least a 1/2 mile walk when I get home. So at work I estimate 1000 steps: 10 steps times 2 for a round trip times 50= 1000 plus another 1000 for the 1/2 mile. So, 2000 on an average weekday.
On weekends Chico and I do 2 miles a day broken up into 4 half mile walks.
jkahless Custom Title
Vulture posted:
jkahless posted:

It’s partly how I do it. I just live my life actively. I don’t just walk up the stairs, I run up them, I walk everywhere, I walked well over a hundred kilometres over three days a few weeks ago for fun. When I pick up a dishwasher tray of glasses or a pot, I can do it one handed, so I do. I carry heavy things for people. I carry things I don’t have to. My idea of walkable is under an hour, and I walk abou 6-7km in an hour. I haven’t been to the gym in years, and I have arms and legs like pistons.
:squint:

since I switched jobs I gained 15lbs and haven't begun to lose it yet. I've gotten down to 222-225 a couple times but I haven't gotten much further. it's annoying because at that point I have spots like my beltline or the front hip v things where I don't ahve any fat and I can now visualize what I'd look like skinny, but it always seems to be just outside my grasp
jkahless Custom Title
Go whole food vegan, and then stop when you start wasting away.
jkahless posted:
Go whole food vegan, and then stop when you start wasting away.

Tried that with the 200cal/day tuna diet. Worked really well up to a point where my face got numb if I stood up too quickly.
jkahless Custom Title
Ugh. There's calorie restriction and calorie restriction.
jkahless Custom Title
Whiskey and cigarettes is equally effective.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Lombo Perpetual fitness thread.

Page: 1, 2