turns out notre dame nearly collapsed

Online now: Bing (sucks), gd, Google [Bot]
TOS
Donkey Butter jerk face
Also turns out that all the money those billionaire promised has largely gone undelivered.

article here
Pariah Know Your Enemy
The Church Eternal is sitting on at least a trillion dollars in wealth, let them fix their own stick fiddling church, they can afford it.
dv
Pariah posted:
The Church Eternal is sitting on at least a trillion dollars in wealth, let them fix their own stick fiddling church, they can afford it.

They also have a liquidity problem. Sure, they could sell some priceless art or artifacts to the Hobby Lobby people, but... that's worse, somehow, isn't it?
I bet they could have made an Avignon Pope pony up. Good old days.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
dv posted:
Pariah posted:

They also have a liquidity problem. Sure, they could sell some priceless art or artifacts to the Hobby Lobby people, but... that's worse, somehow, isn't it?

Honestly I couldn't really care less.
Altho I guess the most just thing would be to return everything to the countries they were looted from.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
Pariah posted:
dv posted:
Pariah posted:

Altho I guess the most just thing would be to return everything to the countries they were looted from.

Notre Dame belongs to France, and the country lets the catholic church use it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dam ... #Ownership

Quote:
The archdiocese is responsible for paying the employees, for security, heating and cleaning, and for ensuring that the cathedral is open free to visitors. The archdiocese does not receive subsidies from the French state.

So the church should pay a big chunk of it, but not all. It's in France's best interest to keep a historical monument, and a turism magnet.
TOS
Pariah posted:
dv posted:
Pariah posted:

notre dame was built centuries before the era of colonialization
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
Pariah posted:
dv posted:
Pariah posted:

notre dame was built centuries before the era of colonialization

Ya, but the Vatican's wealth is what I am talking about.
dv
Pariah posted:
dv posted:
Pariah posted:

I think you're confusing the Catholic Church's archives with the British Museum.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
dv posted:
Pariah posted:
dv posted:
Pariah posted:

I think you're confusing the Catholic Church's archives with the British Museum.

The Church is sitting on tons of stolen stuff, largely given to it in tribute by their imperialist client states.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

turns out notre dame nearly collapsed