ross perot, rip

Online now: Google [Bot], Kirk, Majestic-12 [Bot], Metacell
TOS
juice Inadvertently correct
/me listens for the giant sucking sound
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
RIP

But I'm not turning off my adblock to read the article.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
the whackadoo dies at 89

https://t.co/dZ5bHG0Pdi

Ya, so whacky that he was spot on prescient about the effects of NAFTA and other free trade initiatives. Pretty much everything he said about trade turned out to be true.
TOS
juice posted:

well he sure was right about that, wasn't he?
/me slurps, for old times' sake
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Pariah posted:
TOS posted:
the whackadoo dies at 89

https://t.co/dZ5bHG0Pdi

Ya, so whacky that he was spot on prescient about the effects of NAFTA and other free trade initiatives. Pretty much everything he said about trade turned out to be true.

I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure I voted for him in the primary, based on his sucking sound.

His campaign pretty much killed the third party option, too.
My last vote for a Republican candidate was the senior Bush.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
juice posted:

Back when this whole free trade mania was just kicking off there were many people warning that what did happen would happen. But since they were mostly labor voices and all the republicans and the newly empowered Third way democrats were all about crushing unions these voices were ignored.
But in hindsight, the labor voices were right and everything the free traders predicted was wrong. The widespread prosperity promised turned out to be profits for the 1% and gruel for everyone else.
Pariah posted:
TOS posted:
juice posted:

Back when this whole free trade mania was just kicking off there were many people warning that what did happen would happen. But since they were mostly labor voices and all the republicans and the newly empowered Third way democrats were all about crushing unions these voices were ignored.
But in hindsight, the labor voices were right and everything the free traders predicted was wrong. The widespread prosperity promised turned out to be profits for the 1% and gruel for everyone else.

But we sure built a hell of a lot of shareholder value, didn't we?
Pariah Know Your Enemy
juice posted:
Pariah posted:
TOS posted:
juice posted:

But we sure built a hell of a lot of shareholder value, didn't we?

Yep, and that was the plan all along. Devalue labor and empower capital.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

ross perot, rip