Calling 911

Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot]
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Just curious if you'd call for this. Yesterday there was a fight in the street in front of my house. Actually 2 fights. A dude and a chick (neighbors) were fighting with a dude and a chick that showed up in a car. They all know each other. I think the chick in the car is the baby mama of the dude from the house. I've seen them in heated verbal arguments before. The 2 dudes were fighting and so were the 2 chicks. This was a major fight going on, and then the old guy from the house (60 something) came out to break it up. I know they wouldn't hurt him intentionally, but they might have accidentally. I told my roommate i was calling 911, but it broke up before i could. I don't know what they were all fighting about and i don't care. They also aren't the most upstanding members of the community, but they've never been a problem for us. Their constant visitors are really shady. I'm sure there's a little bit of sales going on, but i think it's more than that. They're all just shady.

So, would you ignore it, or would you call 911? I'm also sure that if i called 911 it would also be over before they got here, and i also kinda think they'd come to my house, which i do not want. I was more concerned for the old guy. The rest was pretty entertaining.
macnuke Afar
call the local popo dept regular line and give the address and what's goin on... if you know where there people live, give that too. they'll deal with it.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Don't call 911 unless a fight is rally bad. Calling the cops just puts everyone in more danger as often as not.
So, the fights were pretty bad, but no weapons.

macnuke: it was in front of my house, not theirs.

I wouldn't call unless it was really serious, and an elderly man put it up there, but he seemed to have diffused it before i could call.
macnuke Afar
good it diffused.
now.

down to the important stuff.......

tell us when you are going to post the footage from that super spy camera you have pointing out there and give us the youtube link.
Yeah, I'd still call the cops and record that with your cam.
I'm recording now. Theres some sort of child custody dispute going on, and i think they both called the cops. A couple of women are sitting in a car out front just waiting. Yeah, i'm spying on my neighbors.
macnuke Afar
OK Agnes, keep us updated and post the pics when you can
TOS
here in canada i'd call 911 because i'd worry the fight could escalate ... i'd be very clear on the phone that it's just a domestic disturbance or whatever

but in the land of the free i'd be mighty careful about involving the police, instead maybe let them start killing each other and sleep with the survivor
dv
TOS posted:
here in canada i'd call 911 because i'd worry the fight could escalate ... i'd be very clear on the phone that it's just a domestic disturbance or whatever

but in the land of the free i'd be mighty careful about involving the police, instead maybe let them start killing each other and sleep with the survivor

In Objectivist Hellhole America, victory goes only to the strongest.

ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
dv posted:
TOS posted:

In Objectivist Hellhole America, victory goes only to the strongest.

::imagine a badly photoshopped AR-15 over the sword::
When I was in Uni and lived in their off campus townhome style apartment I called for my neighbor. She was screaming at a dude who I think was her ex to stop and get out. idk what was happening inside but it sounded fearful screams so I called the Uni police and they put the guy in the back of the car and took him away.
Agnes! LOL!

So, it took the cops 3 hours to get here, and they sat in their car the entire time. The cops walked with one of the women to the house in question, and then i saw the women drive off. They were at that house maybe 10 minutes. Dunno if they got the kids. I'll have to check and see if i got it on video.
macnuke Afar
Gladys was taken

I still want pics
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
My neighbors are super quick to call 911. It drives me crazy.

A few things people have called 911 about in my neighborhood according to NextDoor:
Someone going through their recycling bins which were out on the curb.
Saw a brown skinned person with a tattoo.
Saw two hip twenty somethings get out of a Prius and walk down a street.
Someone with a loud car revving their engine.
Fireworks.
Robocalls.
Alexander: the people in my network on NextDoor are constantly freaking out when someone they've never seen walks past their house, as well as recyclers. I know they've reported the scavengers, but the stranger danger human waste is more of a BOTL kinda thing. We actually have 2 verifiably paranoid women on ND. One was sure that one of her neighbors put tracking devices on her car and in her house. The most recent incident with the other was that her neighbor poked a hole in her cheap hose because she saw him near the hose that was attached to his bib. This after the landlord said she couldn't use that bib. A few months ago she was sure the car parked on the street near her house was someone watching her. Neither of them will listen to anyone. We got some crazy people here.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Wow, in our neighborhood we leave things out for the scavengers. As long as they don't come into the yard, it's all cool. I've seen appliances, furniture, etc. disappear overnight.
mauvir: people do that here, too.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
maurvir posted:
Wow, in our neighborhood we leave things out for the scavengers. As long as they don't come into the yard, it's all cool. I've seen appliances, furniture, etc. disappear overnight.

Yep, people do that all over. That's how I got rid of my ginormous 37in CRT when it went dead. I put it out on the curb with a sign that said "WORKS"* taped to the screen. It was gone in hours.

*it did not work.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Pariah posted:
maurvir posted:

Yep, people do that all over. That's how I got rid of my ginormous 37in CRT when it went dead. I put it out on the curb with a sign that said "WORKS"* taped to the screen. It was gone in hours.

*it did not work.

Depending on what was wrong with it, someone may have fixed it. I left a garbage disposal out on the curb that had a cracked housing. I could have fixed it myself with JB Weld, but my wife wanted a new one. I hope whoever snagged it is as industrious.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
justine posted:
Alexander: the people in my network on NextDoor are constantly freaking out when someone they've never seen walks past their house, as well as recyclers. I know they've reported the scavengers, but the stranger danger human waste is more of a BOTL kinda thing. We actually have 2 verifiably paranoid women on ND. One was sure that one of her neighbors put tracking devices on her car and in her house. The most recent incident with the other was that her neighbor poked a hole in her cheap hose because she saw him near the hose that was attached to his bib. This after the landlord said she couldn't use that bib. A few months ago she was sure the car parked on the street near her house was someone watching her. Neither of them will listen to anyone. We got some crazy people here.

Tell the truth, you poked the hose hole didn't you? :p

Yeah, that social network is bananas. I hate it but I can't look away either.
LOL!

And yeah, it's like a trainwreck i can't look away from. On the upside, i've gotten rid of so much crap on there.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Calling 911