https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R35gWBtLCYg

how it was made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKv_N0IDS2A

Posted here because she's awesome.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
this needs a picture so I took a screenshot

Looks like a long Baja
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
I love Truckla already, and she is so adorable it hurts. Seriously, just watching her be so happy about this project made me smile so hard my face ached. That's some good stuff there. :up:
juice Inadvertently correct
I’d like an electric truck.
macnuke Afar
that's just an electric el camino....

need real truck
Donkey Butter jerk face
That's a Ute, not a truck. (I still like it though)
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Utes are stupid and there is a reason no one sells a small pickup in the USA, they don't sell.
I don't think anyone is looking for a pickup truck with 4 inches of ground clearance either.
juice Inadvertently correct
I still drive a 2000 Ranger. :shrug:
Pariah posted:
Utes are stupid and there is a reason no one sells a small pickup in the USA, they don't sell.
I don't think anyone is looking for a pickup truck with 4 inches of ground clearance either.

I disagree entirely. Small pickups once owned the road in many places, as they were perfect for a lot of things. At one time the Ranger was one of the best selling Ford pickups made - far outnumbering the larger (and more expensive) F-150's and F-250's. What killed them were the CAFE standards that made them unattractive.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/ ... on-wagons/
Pariah posted:

well she said he's gonna lift it a bit

and the point is that a proper electric pickup truck doesn't exist yet.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I loved my S-10.
I think GM should bring the Holden Ute to the US, and re-brand it El Camino.
I think they would be very popular.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
After a bit of research it appears that just the opposite happened.
The Holden website no longer list the Ute. It has been replaced by a re-branded Chevy Colorado.
TOS
they stopped manufacturing in australia awhile back
Pariah Know Your Enemy
DukeofNuke posted:
The Holden website no longer list the Ute. It has been replaced by a re-branded Chevy Colorado.

Holden used to make some cool cars. I just visited their site and...man oh man, what a dreary lineup of boring vehicles.
Pariah posted:
DukeofNuke posted:

Holden used to make some cool cars. I just visited their site and...man oh man, what a dreary lineup of boring vehicles.

I want this one

but it's probably not for sale

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Efijy
It is a shame that actual cars don't look more like concept cars. I mean, I'm sure they are more expensive to produce, but if they looked like that, I doubt sales would be as much of an issue.

Assuming it was built to modern safety standards, had a current engine, etc., I'd drive the crap out of that.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Chrysler tried that "Retro-Look" thing a while back. It started out with a bang but quickly fizzled out.

DukeofNuke posted:
Chrysler tried that "Retro-Look" thing a while back. It started out with a bang but quickly fizzled out.

True, but Chrysler screwed the pooch on those pretty hard. They were generally overpriced and reliability was crap. Even at that, I still like the Prowler.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

TRUCKLA: The world's first Tesla pickup truck