TRUCKLA: The world's first Tesla pickup truck

How's life?
Post Reply
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 44210
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

TRUCKLA: The world's first Tesla pickup truck

Post by ukimalefu »

If Tesla doesn't offer one yet, you make your own, or Simone Gierzt did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R35gWBtLCYg

how it was made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKv_N0IDS2A

Posted here because she's awesome.
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 44210
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Post by ukimalefu »

this needs a picture so I took a screenshot

Image
User avatar
Betonhaus
Posts: 2911
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:25 pm

Post by Betonhaus »

Looks like a long Baja
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25359
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

I love Truckla already, and she is so adorable it hurts. Seriously, just watching her be so happy about this project made me smile so hard my face ached. That's some good stuff there. :up:
User avatar
juice
Posts: 12076
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:26 am
Title: Inadvertently correct

Post by juice »

I’d like an electric truck.
User avatar
macnuke
Posts: 6142
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:32 am
Title: PureBleed
Location: Here

Post by macnuke »

that's just an electric el camino....

need real truck

There are no illegitimate children...only illegitimate parents.

User avatar
Donkey Butter
Posts: 1655
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:15 am
Title: jerk face
Location: over yonder

Post by Donkey Butter »

That's a Ute, not a truck. (I still like it though)
User avatar
Pariah
Posts: 22752
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:45 pm
Title: Know Your Enemy

Post by Pariah »

Utes are stupid and there is a reason no one sells a small pickup in the USA, they don't sell.
I don't think anyone is looking for a pickup truck with 4 inches of ground clearance either.
Not even duct tape will fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.
User avatar
juice
Posts: 12076
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:26 am
Title: Inadvertently correct

Post by juice »

I still drive a 2000 Ranger. :shrug:
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25359
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

Pariah wrote: Utes are stupid and there is a reason no one sells a small pickup in the USA, they don't sell.
I don't think anyone is looking for a pickup truck with 4 inches of ground clearance either.


I disagree entirely. Small pickups once owned the road in many places, as they were perfect for a lot of things. At one time the Ranger was one of the best selling Ford pickups made - far outnumbering the larger (and more expensive) F-150's and F-250's. What killed them were the CAFE standards that made them unattractive.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/ ... on-wagons/
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 44210
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Post by ukimalefu »

Pariah wrote: Utes are stupid and there is a reason no one sells a small pickup in the USA, they don't sell.
I don't think anyone is looking for a pickup truck with 4 inches of ground clearance either.


well she said he's gonna lift it a bit

and the point is that a proper electric pickup truck doesn't exist yet.
User avatar
DukeofNuke
Posts: 33305
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:33 pm
Title: FREE RADICAL
Location: Scintillating!

Post by DukeofNuke »

I loved my S-10.
I think GM should bring the Holden Ute to the US, and re-brand it El Camino.
I think they would be very popular.
intellectual/hipster/nihilist

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."
-Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
User avatar
DukeofNuke
Posts: 33305
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:33 pm
Title: FREE RADICAL
Location: Scintillating!

Post by DukeofNuke »

After a bit of research it appears that just the opposite happened.
The Holden website no longer list the Ute. It has been replaced by a re-branded Chevy Colorado.
intellectual/hipster/nihilist

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."
-Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 39391
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

they stopped manufacturing in australia awhile back
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
Pariah
Posts: 22752
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:45 pm
Title: Know Your Enemy

Post by Pariah »

DukeofNuke wrote: After a bit of research it appears that just the opposite happened.
The Holden website no longer list the Ute. It has been replaced by a re-branded Chevy Colorado.

Holden used to make some cool cars. I just visited their site and...man oh man, what a dreary lineup of boring vehicles.
Not even duct tape will fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 44210
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Post by ukimalefu »

Pariah wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote: After a bit of research it appears that just the opposite happened.
The Holden website no longer list the Ute. It has been replaced by a re-branded Chevy Colorado.

Holden used to make some cool cars. I just visited their site and...man oh man, what a dreary lineup of boring vehicles.


I want this one

Image

but it's probably not for sale

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Efijy
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25359
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

It is a shame that actual cars don't look more like concept cars. I mean, I'm sure they are more expensive to produce, but if they looked like that, I doubt sales would be as much of an issue.

Assuming it was built to modern safety standards, had a current engine, etc., I'd drive the crap out of that.
User avatar
DukeofNuke
Posts: 33305
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:33 pm
Title: FREE RADICAL
Location: Scintillating!

Post by DukeofNuke »

Chrysler tried that "Retro-Look" thing a while back. It started out with a bang but quickly fizzled out.

Image
intellectual/hipster/nihilist

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."
-Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25359
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

DukeofNuke wrote: Chrysler tried that "Retro-Look" thing a while back. It started out with a bang but quickly fizzled out.

Image


True, but Chrysler screwed the pooch on those pretty hard. They were generally overpriced and reliability was crap. Even at that, I still like the Prowler.
Post Reply