Kim Goldman’s crusade:Make O.J. Simpson pay and never forget

Online now: maurvir
maurvir Meat popsicle

Quote:
When a loved one is murdered, those they leave behind often go through a cycle of grief and pain. Many fight to give the loss meaning but also try to accept what happened and move on.

Not Kim Goldman.

For a quarter-century, she has made bringing Simpson to what she considers justice her unwavering mission. She and her father, Fred Goldman, have chased down secret hordes of Simpson’s memorabilia, taken possession of his tell-all book and spoken out against a criminal justice system that she says ignores victims’ rights.

Words like "closure” and “forgiveness” aren’t in her lexicon.

The irony of all of this is that by not forgiving Simpson, Ms. Goldman has shackled herself to him for decades - apparently giving up a family of her own, or career beyond her cause, in the process. I can't blame her for it, but she does provide a good example on what a lack of forgiveness can do to a person.

I wonder what will become of her when Simpson dies of old age, and her crusade comes to a natural, and abrupt, end?
macnuke Afar
spit on his grave... smile and walk away
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
And burn his legacy into the ground.
juice Inadvertently correct
Robert B. posted:
And burn his legacy into the ground.

Hasn't that ship pretty much sailed?
If this sort of thing happened more routinely, I suspect some potential murderers would be more circumspect in their actions. Not the spontaneous crazy ones of course, but some.
TOS
Or intentionally ironic
TOS
option three: psychopath
Pariah Know Your Enemy
maurvir posted:

Quote:
When a loved one is murdered, those they leave behind often go through a cycle of grief and pain. Many fight to give the loss meaning but also try to accept what happened and move on.

Not Kim Goldman.

For a quarter-century, she has made bringing Simpson to what she considers justice her unwavering mission. She and her father, Fred Goldman, have chased down secret hordes of Simpson’s memorabilia, taken possession of his tell-all book and spoken out against a criminal justice system that she says ignores victims’ rights.

Words like "closure” and “forgiveness” aren’t in her lexicon.

The irony of all of this is that by not forgiving Simpson, Ms. Goldman has shackled herself to him for decades - apparently giving up a family of her own, or career beyond her cause, in the process. I can't blame her for it, but she does provide a good example on what a lack of forgiveness can do to a person.

I wonder what will become of her when Simpson dies of old age, and her crusade comes to a natural, and abrupt, end?

Quote:

Goldman now is the vice chair of a prominent victims’ rights organization, and for 13 years has run a group that helps troubled teens in Santa Clarita Valley.

Seems to me she is doing more than morbidly focusing on OJ. :shrug:
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Kim Goldman’s crusade:Make O.J. Simpson pay and never forget