Online now: Google [Bot]
dv
Cute!

Too many trucks.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
dv posted:
Cute!

Too many trucks.

This is the USA, too damn many trucks everywhere.
dv
Pariah posted:
dv posted:
Cute!

Too many trucks.

This is the USA, too damn many trucks everywhere.

In our townhouse development (built in 2006), full size pickups literally don't fit in our garages. There are about 200 townhomes, and maybe a half dozen trucks.

It's nice.

The parking lot at work is sadly in line with your observation, though.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Looks like a nice neighborhood, Par. Congrats.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
DukeofNuke posted:
Looks like a nice neighborhood, Par. Congrats.

It is very park-like and has no thru streets so traffic is just residents and they all drive nice and slow. It's a good dog walking neighborhood even though it lacks sidewalks. There is easy access to stores, pretty much everything we need is inside a 5 mile drive.
Now to find a job...The unemployment rate is low here so it should be easy enough.
Yeah, that looks peaceful, congratz
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Things are go fine down here. My wife and I are finding our footing dealing with her mom's "issues".
Mom's memory is shot, if she can't find something she is sure someone else moved it, if she is hot or cold someone else changed the thermostat, that sort of thing. In every case she is the one who did the deed, but she can't remember.
There is a a bit of a hoarding issue with her, not trails thru stacks bad but just way too much stuff and lots of duplication. She has 3 good vacuum cleaners, two nice carpet shampoo machines, at least 5 DVD players I have found so far, literally dozens of empty picture frames, so, so many nice blankets and comforters, enough xmass stuff for 4 houses and.....dolls.

OMG the dolls and statues.

Hundreds of them, cute baby dolls, angels, you name it she has them. She calls them "her babies" which is creepy in and of itself but then add in my semi phobia about cute , porcelain dolls and, yikes.
Apparently she has been on a doll and statue buying binge ever since her husband died 7 years ago.
Then there is the kitchen situation.
Her kitchen was like an archeological dig that reveals when she started to loose it, 7 years ago when her husband died. I started to go thru things an found so much stuff on the shelves that were 6 or 7 years out of date. Most of what was in her shelves to be honest. You could smell the staleness wafting out.
We have been gradually tossing the old stuff a bit at a time so she does not notice.
She had rotten meat in her fridge, spoiled eggs, sour milk...I think she was living on the meals on wheels service she has but that is just supposed to be lunches.
We have been rotating in wholesome food, cooking decent dinners and generally taking over her kitchen. She gets irked sometimes but we persist for her own good.
Because this is our second time around on this sort of thing we are weathering it pretty good. My wife and I are a good team and we have already done this so we are not being driven crazy.
Last night we did have a thing happen that we are percolating on... Mom had a booty call with a boyfriend or maybe I should say "boyfriend". She let us know about 10:30pm she had a guy coming over and asked us to make ourselves scarce, which is fair enough. I ensconced myself in the room we put our computers in and hear the guy but did not see him. He came, they retired to her bedroom and emerged about 30 min later and he left.
Totally a fiddlesticks and go.
This is a situation I am not sure how to deal with.
I don't want to be here sexual gatekeeper but I think she is into an area where the matter of consent has become questionable. And then there is my own bias where I wonder about a man who would fiddlesticks her, she is not in any way, shape or form an attractive woman, frankly she is butt ugly and that bias makes me suspicious on any man that would want her as she is.
But she was fine after so what the fiddlesticks do I know, still, it concerns me. I am waiting on a call back from the alz.org to talk this one out.
One victory is that mom has very gracefully given up driving now that we are here. She was a real danger.
So we are back in it but we have experience on our side now, stick fiddling dementia.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
keep an eye on her finances
My mother has no more than $500 in her checking account and another $500 limit on her credit card. My sister handles her finances.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Off To Virginia!

Page: 1, 2