Here's the story of Roy's tiger attack, as told by ...

Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso, Vulture
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Back when my wife went to (Ringling) Clown College she got all sorts of books and literature about the history of the circus.
Basically the longest part of the history was animal acts--starting with Equestrian shows, but also more unsavory things like bear-baiting--where a bear would be chained up in the town square and the impresario would see how many dogs it would take to kill the bear--and the bear taking out numerous dogs in the act. People are sick and have been for a very long time.

One interesting aspect the big cats aren't the biggest danger. The cats usually will signal displeasure, so the trainer will just have that cat sit out the act if it seems in a bad mood. Or if it is showing hostility, the trainer will have some time to get out if its way or get the cat out of the cage.

Elephants can be far more dangerous, they also get very jealous. On more than one occasion a circus elephant has killed it's trainers' spouse.

Bears are apparently among the worst as they will just snap and go bananas.Apparently there have been acts with polar bears, which is about as stupid as you can get.

I think there is an unfortunate cultural problem where people seem to think a big cat or a bear--or wolf can be "domesticated". They can't.
macnuke Afar
moral of stick fiddling with animals. ....

if you don't have a big gun and shoot to kill......
you are not at the top of the food chain like you think you are.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Disappointed. Was expecting "... as told by the tiger."
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Ha!

I like the look on the face of the Indian guy in that first pic; Like he's thinking, "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod its a stick fiddling TIGER and it thinks I'm lunch!"
Séamas Honorary Consul General
DukeofNuke posted:
Ha!

I like the look on the face of the Indian guy in that first pic; Like he's thinking, "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod its a stick fiddling TIGER and it thinks I'm lunch!"

That tiger's uncle ate my uncle!
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Here's the story of Roy's tiger attack, as told by ...