Spicy chocolate cookies?

Online now: Google [Bot], juice, maurvir
I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe, my mom made some deliciousones years ago and I think they would be great to bring to work on April Fools day, but she forgot the recipe.

I'm guessing I could just grab a normal double fudge chocolate cookie kit then add paprika or cayenne pepper to them? Maybe make them tiny with a chocolate Wafer on top so they are bite sized and super tempting.

And should I make them all spicy or just half? And should I make one or two that are extremely spicy?
dv
macnuke Afar
Always hate that most people refer to "spicy" as something seasoned up with pepper.
when the fiddlesticks did the hundreds of other ingredients no longer become spices?

you want chocolate cookies with some heat.. fine.. you want spicy chocolate try some with Ginger, lavender, mint or cardamon. the last is supposed to help you get your dick hard.
the cayenne not so much.

NOTE.. we don't have a rant room anymore so there. :p
TOS
that post was kind of ... spicy
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
DukeofNuke posted:

Sugar free Gummi bears (with a strong laxative effect) was my original choice, along with brownies with chopped up sage or something in it. But I wanted to avoid anything that interfered with work or caused a scare, considering that we work with machinery where a moments distraction can cause injuries or damage a $20,000 part.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TOS
Betonhaus posted:
DukeofNuke posted:

Sugar free Gummi bears (with a strong laxative effect) was my original choice, along with brownies with chopped up sage or something in it. But I wanted to avoid anything that interfered with work or caused a scare, considering that we work with machinery where a moments distraction can cause injuries or damage a $20,000 part.

dude
dv
Just make normal cookies, share them, and leave everybody wondering.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
It's a shame this is just a silly prank, because chocolate and chili powder really can work well together. Some of the best chocolate I have had included a pinch of chili powder in it to give it a kick. It was ~80 cacao, so pretty dark, and the heat gave it a nice sizzle.
maurvir posted:
It's a shame this is just a silly prank, because chocolate and chili powder really can work well together. Some of the best chocolate I have had included a pinch of chili powder in it to give it a kick. It was ~80 cacao, so pretty dark, and the heat gave it a nice sizzle.

I've had cookies like these before, and they are amazing. My intention is to make them just spicy enough to have a kick but not be terrible, because I'd like to enjoy them myself. I figured a prank that was tame and with immodest obvious effects would be safest in this work environment. Spicy enough to be hard for the weaklings but super tasty for everyone who likes hot sauce a little.

I still think I'll make one or two that has a bit of powder hidden under the chocolate Wafer for a shocking kick, but I'm not decided.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I have had brownies made with red pepper flakes and they were out of this world yummy. In the right proportion the pepper really sets off all the other flavors.
The good news: this thing makes an EXCELLENT alternative for people who do not have a real oven in their apartment, and works great for everything, including cookies and slow cooking.

The bad news: if you try to make double chocolate brownies from scratch don't try to use brownie mix just because you can't find a double chocolate cookie mix. It won't work.

The ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ news: adding about a teaspoon of cayenne powder to about two cups of cookie mix give you a mildly nice kick five seconds later. Adding two teaspoons should be strong but still delicious.
The Mayans and other mesoamerican cultures added hot spices to their chocolate. Here's a few recipes:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Mayan-Chocolate-Drink/
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/21616 ... chocolate/
Update: they turned out perfect

I used this recipe, susituted two cups of mini chocolate chips for the walnuts, and added two teaspoons of cayenne powder
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/10281 ... ookies-ii/

The turkey oven worked perfectly though I did have to increase cooking time a little. They taste absolutely delicious and have a mild burn you don't notice until you've been chewing for a bit.
nice and thanks
Update: they were delicious and everyone who was not a kitty loved them.
dv
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Spicy chocolate cookies?