Remember, medicinal value works both ways

How's life?
maurvir
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Remember, medicinal value works both ways

Post by maurvir »

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-03- ... inked.html

High potency cannabis, especially when used daily, is "strongly linked" to the risk of developing psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia and paranoia, scientists said Wednesday.

In Amsterdam and London—where high-THC marijuana has long been the rule rather than the exception—50 and 30 percent of new psychosis cases, respectively, were associated with potent forms of the drug.

The findings, reported The Lancet, bolster a growing body of research connecting pot to a range of mental health disorders.

If high-THC cannabis—including strains such as "trainwreck", "gorilla glue", and "hindu kush"—were no longer available, "12 percent of cases of first-episode psychosis could be prevented across Europe," the researchers calculated.

As an aside, by "strongly linked", it seems that THC can expose/trigger existing mental illness. No one has demonstrated that THC can induce psychosis/schizophrenia in an otherwise healthy person.
Metacell
Title: Chocolate Brahma

Post by Metacell »

Right, if you is crazy, you might as well be having fun.
Remember, people, to forgive is divine. In other words, it ain't human.
dv

Post by dv »

Still safer than opioids,
juice
Title: Inadvertently correct

Post by juice »

The legal status of this product has driven higher potency.

It is Nixon's fault.
Betonhaus

Post by Betonhaus »

That does explain the fight I had with my sister and her "occasional use" husband.

Otherwise I'm seriously thinking that on April 1rst I'll bring peppermint brownies to work and see who gets suspicious of them.