Night Vision Polarized glasses

Online now: Majestic-12 [Bot]
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Have any of you used them for glare? I'm thinking about getting some and wonder if they really work.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
From the “As Seen On TV” aisle?
macnuke Afar
lights lose the glare... and everything else is darker.
so you actually see less.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
I googled it, this page says they're not good for night driving, but can be effective for foggy or hazy daylight conditions.

http://www.laramyk.com/resources/educat ... g-glasses/
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I have sensitive eyes so I have experimented a lot with sunglasses. I have settled in with a set of three "sun glasses": Typical grey polarized for sunny days, a polarized pair with a peach tint for bright overcast and snow glare conditions and unpolarized yellow for low light fog and haze conditions.
I have tried polarized night driving glasses but they are too dark for comfortable driving. I have yet to find glasses that effectively cut down on night time glare without being too dark.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
I actually ordered some from Amazon and haven't gotten them yet. Wish i'd checked here first! I have a real problem with glare at night now, so i guess it's worth a shot to try.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I've heard that after cataract surgery some people get that glare/flare thing.
DukeofNuke posted:
I've heard that after cataract surgery some people get that glare/flare thing.

It does seem worse. It also doesn't help that i actually ended up with one of the side effects of the surgery, which is a membrane growing behind the new lens. She said if it gets worse then they;ll laser it off. I asked how i'll know if it get worse. "Your vision will be blurry".
So, i got them and tried them. They actually worked well. They didn't make everything dark, it just made the oncoming headlights, and those in my sideview mirror more subdued.
Just make sure they are "HD". ;)
Pariah Know Your Enemy
justine posted:
So, i got them and tried them. They actually worked well. They didn't make everything dark, it just made the oncoming headlights, and those in my sideview mirror more subdued.

What glasses did you get? I am interested if they work good.
Pariah posted:
justine posted:

These are the ones i got. Like i said, it toned down the glare and didn't hurt my vision. It's not a drastic change, but good enough for me. Oh and theres solid black frames, too.

Last edited by justine on Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 am.

Pariah Know Your Enemy
justine posted:
Pariah posted:
justine posted:

These are the ones i got. Like i set, it toned down the glare and didn't hurt my vision. It's not a drastic change, but good enough for me. Oh and theres solid black frames, too.

I am going to check those out, night time glare from oncoming traffic is an issue for me, too.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Night Vision Polarized glasses