Electric cars are the future

Page: 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Online now: DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], iDaemon, ukimalefu
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
obvs posted:
I went back and bought identical LEGO sets to the ones I had when I was a kid.

:love:
ukimalefu Canadized
Electric Hummer, delayed by the pandemic, but still in production, due in 2021

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/29/2124 ... s-pandemic

I don't remember hearing about it before. Anyway, I believe some people will buy it, but Hummer fans will hate it.

I'd like something like a Tesla model Y with improved off-road capabilities. That is, a small SUV, with a bit more power maybe, a bit higher ground clearance, a bit better shock absorbers, and all terrain tires.
dv
ukimalefu posted:

I don't remember hearing about it before. Anyway, I believe some people will buy it, but Hummer fans will hate it.

I'd like something like a Tesla model Y with improved off-road capabilities. That is, a small SUV, with a bit more power maybe, a bit higher ground clearance, a bit better shock absorbers, and all terrain tires.

Like a Jeep Wrangler.

Except that if you thought Hummer fans were nuts, you haven't met Jeep Guys. An EV Wrangler would probably cause a small civil war.
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

the model y is really not suvish, it's just big

anyway i suspect people might start turning against tesla if elon keeps up his human waste on twitter
ukimalefu Canadized
TOS posted:

the model y is really not suvish, it's just big

Looks like a mini model X to me, but ok.

But whatever a small elctric SUV is what I'd prefer. Maybe based on the model Y or whatever.

Quote:
anyway i suspect people might start turning against tesla if elon keeps up his human waste on twitter

Yeah... he shouldn't forget he almost got fired once.

Let him make electric cars and rockets, he's proven he can do that. Do NOT elect him for a government office, or let him be your doctor.
ukimalefu Canadized
Lombo Opiofiend
That is atrocious!
macnuke Afar
i wanna go back in time now
ukimalefu Canadized
The future I tell ya!

1996, GM's EV1 electric car
TOS
ev truck maker still gung-ho despite covid

Quote:
It is a light-weight, all-wheel-drive vehicle. Four in-wheel computerized motors propel it. If a front right in-wheel motor malfunctions, the front left wheel's motor will turn off automatically, allowing the driver to get home using rear-wheel drive, Burns said.

"So a typical gasoline drive-train has well over 1,000 parts. When you look at it that way it’s very prehistoric, it’s essentially a Model T," Burns said. "We have four moving parts. It looks like a pickup truck on the outside, but underneath it’s electric vehicle 2.0.”

And with no engine in the front, pickup drivers finally have what Burns calls, "a frunk — a front trunk."

The Endurance gets about 250 miles per charge, plenty for the average fleet driver who travels within a 60-mile area per day, Burns said.

juice Inadvertently correct
I hope they’re successful. I’d love an electric version of my 2000 Ranger.
sean Royal Wombat
juice posted:
I hope they’re successful. I’d love an electric version of my 2000 Ranger.

Did you know that Ford made a Ranger EV in the late 90s? It was mostly experimental, and they only made a small number. They were powered by a bank of either lead acid or NiMH batteries, under the truck bed.

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
TOS posted:
ev truck maker still gung-ho despite covid

Quote:
It is a light-weight, all-wheel-drive vehicle. Four in-wheel computerized motors propel it. If a front right in-wheel motor malfunctions, the front left wheel's motor will turn off automatically, allowing the driver to get home using rear-wheel drive, Burns said.

"So a typical gasoline drive-train has well over 1,000 parts. When you look at it that way it’s very prehistoric, it’s essentially a Model T," Burns said. "We have four moving parts. It looks like a pickup truck on the outside, but underneath it’s electric vehicle 2.0.”

And with no engine in the front, pickup drivers finally have what Burns calls, "a frunk — a front trunk."

The Endurance gets about 250 miles per charge, plenty for the average fleet driver who travels within a 60-mile area per day, Burns said.

I would *love* this truck. :love:
macnuke Afar
my round trips to work and back are about 130 miles...3-4x week.
I would so have that in my drive for a daily beast
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Unboxing the cheapest car for sale on Alibaba

https://jalopnik.com/unboxing-the-world ... KnhRgKf6qg

This guy is WAAAY too excited about this ...
dv
Filled the gas tank yesterday. I've used 13 gallons since March 17th.

Maybe telecommuting will be the answer for some people.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Electric cars are the future

Page: 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21