Electric cars are the future

Page: 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], Kirk, Majestic-12 [Bot], Metacell
RE: 1400hp Mach-E

I think a lot of that whine noise is from straight cut gears in the transmission/differentials.
And I wish they did that to a Ford GT because the Mach E is an ugly thing.

From Ford:
"Mustang Mach-E 1400 has seven motors – five more than even Mustang Mach-E GT. Three are attached to the front differential and four are attached to the rear in pancake style, with a single driveshaft connecting them to the differentials, which have a huge range of adjustability to set the car up for everything from drifting to high-speed track racing.".
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Ken Block Driving that 1400hp Mach-E Ford. Yeah, it's a tech demo. A fun tech demo.

https://youtu.be/4-7jBLqSlzg?t=496

Video is set to start when the driving starts. Compared to other Ken Block videos, it's disappointingly boring.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Man I love the sound of straight cut gears. I’d love a turbo miata with a Quaife sequential transmission. Well, for a few minutes anyways.
BMW will make an all-electric 5 Series, 7 Series, and X1

Quote:
To be sure, BMW won’t only sell these all-electric variants. The company will still make gas-powered, mild hybrid, and plug-in hybrid options. But BMW says it is trying to reduce the average amount of CO2 its vehicles produce by at least a third over the next 10 years. By then, the company estimates there will be more than 7 million “electrified” BMW Group vehicles (including ones from subsidiaries like Mini) on the road, with about 4.6 million of those being all-electric. (The company currently sells around 2.5 million vehicles per year.)

Quote:
Tesla is open to licensing software and supplying powertrains & batteries. We’re just trying to accelerate sustainable energy, not crush competitors!

That sounds great, So DO IT, Elon.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/128 ... 25952?s=21
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Electric cars are the future

Page: 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22