Lada Gaga apologizes to wasted off fans for R Kelly duet

Online now: No visible users
maurvir Meat popsicle

Quote:
Lady Gaga, the pop singer and Academy Award hopeful for her role in “A Star Is Born,” became the latest musician to apologize for collaborating with R. Kelly, the R&B singer who has long been accused of sexual misconduct and preying on teenagers, after the broadcast of an explosive investigative documentary detailing the allegations against him.

In a post across her social media channels just after midnight on Thursday, Lady Gaga said she was sorry for making the song “Do What U Want” with Kelly in 2013 and pledged to remove the track from iTunes and other streaming platforms.

Apparently this performance really left a bad taste in a lot of mouths.
TOS
he's been a child-molesting scumbag for years, the only difference today is that finally his behaviour has gotten past the roadblocks set up by the kneepad happysuck celebrity media
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
My favorite R. Kelly burn:

If they'd put all this information about him into a book, he never would have found out about it.
Dude's been scum for years. Its ridiculous now that a docs coming out she wants to distance like she never heard of Chappelle's show.
TOS
just as was the case with weinstein, we can now watch the unfolding spectacle of celebrities expressing shock, shock! at the stuff that everybody knew about
juice Inadvertently correct
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Silly me.
I already thought Kelly's predilection for under-aged girls was already well established.
I have to admit being a bit puzzled over how this is suddenly NEWS!!!!
TOS
I wonder if her fans were upset at the time she did the performance. Maybe they are as late with their ire as she.
user Stupid cockwomble
Pariah Know Your Enemy
A thought occurred to me about the whole Kelly affair. He has always been very open about his preference for under-aged girls, even married a 15yo with no repercussions.
I think it is plausible the authorities ignored it because the girls were black. Had they been white I doubt things would have gone the same way.
maurvir Meat popsicle
Pariah posted:
A thought occurred to me about the whole Kelly affair. He has always been very open about his preference for under-aged girls, even married a 15yo with no repercussions.
I think it is plausible the authorities ignored it because the girls were black. Had they been white I doubt things would have gone the same way.

You aren't the first person to think that, unfortunately. I read an article a while back that pretty much says outright that no one took it seriously because it involved black girls.
dv
Pariah posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Stodden

White, black, other, parents pimp their daughters all the time, and our legal system protects them.

It's just not usually newsworthy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_mar ... ted_States

If anything, R Kelly is the exception because he's actually suffering social consequences for his behavior.
Vulture 420
Pariah posted:
Silly me.
I already thought Kelly's predilection for under-aged girls was already well established.
I have to admit being a bit puzzled over how this is suddenly NEWS!!!!

They didn't go far enough in my opinion. If their careers are at stake, and we all know R. Kelly wastes on 14 year olds and films it (Dave Chappell made joke out of it, so Kelly thinks it's all good now), R. Kelly should have wasted on Gaga at the very least. I say, standing ovation or twitter apologies, it's hard to say which way that one goes.

But seriously, my favorite thing about R. Kelly is that he cannot read or write.
dv
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Lada Gaga apologizes to wasted off fans for R Kelly duet