Maybe sugar is bad for you after all

Online now: DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], juice
The Sugar Conspiracy
Quote:
In 1972, a British scientist sounded the alarm that sugar – and not fat – was the greatest danger to our health. But his findings were ridiculed and his reputation ruined. How did the world’s top nutrition scientists get it so wrong for so long?

Honestly? I can see that. When dieting a little bit of sugar can easily have a massive impact on my caloric intake.
TOS
all i can tell you is that cutting processed sugar out of my life changed dramatically

not only am i healthier and stronger, but my cognitive functions have improved too

the hard part is that sugar is in everything
maurvir Meat popsicle
While I would love to make a snarky comment, TOS is right on both counts. Processed sugar is terrible for you, and it is also virtually unavoidable. We discovered that when our dog was diagnosed as diabetic. We had to cull nearly every treat on the market because of added sugar.

The same is true for people food, and it's shocking how much sugar is in things you wouldn't expect it to be.
TOS
there's a growing body of research indicating the negative effects of sugar intake on the brain
Sugar is the R. Kelly of food.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Maybe sugar is bad for you after all