You think you have it bad? Consider Tennessee

Online now: DEyncourt, Donkey Butter, Google [Bot], Pariah, Séamas, ukimalefu
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Whenever I consider misfortune and misery, I exclude outliers like Tennessee.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Metacell posted:
Whenever I consider misfortune and misery, I exclude outliers like Tennessee.

The bad place Southern states are shitholes because the ruling elites in those states want it that way and have worked very, very hard to keep them that way.
maurvir Meat popsicle
Most people can't afford to get sick in the US. It's also not an income thing, it's an asset issue. A high earner who gets sick may be just as likely to end up under a mountain of medical debt as a middle-class slob. You need to be old money to afford a moderate to serious illness in the US.

The remarkable part is that US citizens are, by and large, okay with this. Which is a big reason why I think the US is the stupidest place on Earth.
obvs precoupado
It really is a wasteful country.

The whole country is built around worshipping victimization of others, and fawning over the people who victimize you yourself.

It's awful.
dv
I had a family member who got into an industrial accident, and, while being treated for it on his insurance, they found cancer and then denied treatment for that because it was considered pre-existing. Eventually they ended up chopping limbs and chunks from his body until he asked to be let to die. The bills for the failed treatment bankrupted the family.
You'd think I'd be desensitized to these stories by now but the USA government still finds new ways to infuriate me.

And there's nothing I can do about it. I'd love to help everyone move to Canada anyway I can.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Anybody got a fully fueled 747 that can be borrowed.
No, but I can get access to a trebuchet and a bunch of helmets.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
arkayn posted:
Anybody got a fully fueled 747 that can be borrowed.

dude, like posting that didn't put you in a no-flight list

-

dear NSA, I don't know this guy

-

:paranoid:
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Now that the last 747 has been pulled from service I bet you could buy one cheap.
TOS
the current situation in america is proof that propaganda works, and talking points are especially powerful
juice Inadvertently correct
TOS posted:
the current situation in america is proof that propaganda works, and talking points are especially powerful

You hate us for our freedom, don't you?
TOS posted:

Mission accomplished!!!
TOS
juice posted:
TOS posted:

your version of it?

kinda, yeah
TOS posted:
juice posted:
TOS posted:

your version of it?

kinda, yeah

:cry2:
juice posted:
TOS posted:

Is it truly freedom if you are being controlled?

Is a man who was told that on the other side of an unlocked door is pain and suffering more free than a man who knows what is on the other side but has to climb the wall to cross over?
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
Betonhaus posted:
juice posted:
TOS posted:

You can do anything you want as long as you follow the approved list of things you want and don't want.
TOS
Betonhaus posted:
juice posted:
TOS posted:

Is a man who was told that on the other side of an unlocked door is pain and suffering more free than a man who knows what is on the other side but has to climb the wall to cross over?

it was a joke, numbnuts
Tennessee: the freedom to die without big government interference!
TOS posted:
Betonhaus posted:
juice posted:
TOS posted:

it was a joke, numbnuts

As well as a reference to dubya’s nonsense rhetoric.
Interesting how his 'jokes' tend to offend, eh?
TOS
Kirk posted:

:lol:
Kirk posted:

The joke was mine...
TOS
juice posted:
Kirk posted:

The joke was mine...

and it was offensive -- as always
Oops my bad, I apologize
TOS
maybe it's time to let go of the grudge, yeah?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

You think you have it bad? Consider Tennessee