DAMN! Not Neil DeGrasse Tyson #MeToo?!?

Online now: Google [Bot]
I'm starting to hear that companies such as those in wall street have many businessmen that are enacting policies to protect themselves (avoiding meetings with woman unless they are partially public, avoiding mentorship with a woman, etc) that are effectively pushing women out of high profile advancements. This #MeToo movement has reached the point where it is starting to backfire on all women. I really don't know what's going to happen next.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ow-organic
maurvir Outlier
:squint:

On the one hand, is it really that hard to not be a dick to women. On the other hand, it's kind of hard to blame men for not wanting to take the risk of being accused.

Maybe if we could get everyone to stop being uncouth individuals...
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
"It's a really dangerous time ..."
TOS
the essay he wrote as refutation eased my mind

i think it's time to recognize a spectrum of impropriety .... being mildly creeped out by a guy is not the same as being sexually assaulted

though really a simple rule to follow is not to touch women without consent ... no pats on the back, no gripping of shoulder, no weird indian handshakes
A new code of conduct laying out what's halal and what's haram.

There can be haram centres where women can be free from the attention of men. I don't know if (intentional) eunuchs are still a thing but if so they could provide security.

Inappropriate kidding aside, revolutions have their own lives and the sexual one is showing its age.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
It's hard to get out of the habit of flirting
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
maurvir Outlier
Excepting the actual instances of rape and clear sexual harassment, most of this could be resolved with clear communication and preset boundaries and guidelines. Unfortunately, this means women taking responsibility for actually communicating that they do or don't like rather than depending on subtle cues and "mind reading".

Here's a hint, guys. You suck at reading body language, and you know better than to hit on women at work. Stop that! Treat it like a traffic intersection. Unless there are clear, unambiguous signals, don't proceed.

Here's a hint, girls. Guys can't read your mind and they absolutely suck at reading body language that isn't directly related to anger and/or violence. Your subtle hints? 99.9% of guys are completely oblivious to them. There are whole forums dedicated to teaching dudes what a girl means when she does something.

This isn't victim blaming, but at a certain point, everyone is responsible for their conduct and their reactions. Or, put another way, everyone, men and women alike, need to grow the hell up and behave like actual adults.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

DAMN! Not Neil DeGrasse Tyson #MeToo?!?