i do feel kind of bad ...

Online now: DEyncourt, ukimalefu
TOS
... i mean yeah retail is in crisis, companies are dying and workers are losing jobs, it's really sad, it is

but sitting on my ass, sipping tea by the fire while the kids play in the background?

this is christmas shopping

i can't imagine braving the stick fiddling crowds like i did once upon a time, no way

sorry, retail sector, i'm not coming back

groceries, that's about it ... and that ain't written in stone either
juice Inadvertently correct
Selfish bastard
macnuke Afar
what about shareholder value? you need to do your part.
'cause 'murica
user Stupid cockwomble
murica?

that a suburb of toronto?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user posted:
murica?

if only ...
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
dv
TOS
user posted:
murica?

:: shudders ::
Donkey Butter jerk face
Everything is a suburb of Toronto. (just ask anyone from Toronto)
Donkey Butter jerk face
I do my Christmas shopping during the day while everyone else is at work. Easy breezy.

I feel bad for those poor chumps with a 9-5 that have to go to the mall in the evening or worse, on the weekend!!!!

I can't do my holiday shopping online because I don't start my shopping until the 22nd or 23rd.
The last I went "Christmas shopping" was to an independent Mac store which was next to a mall on some Saturday before Xmas during the 1990's. I had thought " What could be the problem?" when the traffic was stopped about 1.5 miles from the mall. About 3 hours later I got to that Mac store, made my purchase and vowed NEVER again to even approach a mall between Black Friday and Xmas.
user Stupid cockwomble
I did that once myself. I was able to see the line of traffic before I got caught in it and avoided it but I did think the same thing.
Donkey Butter posted:
I do my Christmas shopping during the day while everyone else is at work. Easy breezy.

I feel bad for those poor chumps with a 9-5 that have to go to the mall in the evening or worse, on the weekend!!!!

I can't do my holiday shopping online because I don't start my shopping until the 22nd or 23rd.

I miss working nights. 9 to 5 is blatherskite the rest of the year too.
user Stupid cockwomble
kinda nice to be in synch with everyone else, though
I used to charter a jet and gather my family from around North America and go to some destination and we'd all just chill out. No gifts.
I stopped doing that a few years ago and now I only give presents to my staff. This year they each get a monogrammed money clip I had a local artisan craft using silver I recovered from customer's film, plus a sizable chuck of cash. I collect about 20 pounds of pure silver every year and there are local craftspeople who can make that into some very fine items.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Donkey Butter posted:

This, except i do do some online shopping. I enjoy the shopping experience. It's therapeutic. One of the few perks of working an off shift.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I went out to the BIG mall here last summer and it was busy as hell.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

i do feel kind of bad ...