Snow!!!

Online now: Betonhaus, Google [Bot]
Pariah Know Your Enemy
We just got slammed with a big snow storm. It started at about noon and there is 8in on the ground with no signs of slowing down.
I drove up to the little neighborhood mart that is 8 blocks from my house and it was a challenge and I consider myself a well seasoned snow driver. 50 series ties are not the best for snow.
I am kicking myself for not rotating my tires. My fronts are fairly worn.
I was proud of my girls because they had plans to watch a football game at a bar about 10 blocks from here and they wintered up and walked in the storm, then came home latter laughing at how covered with snow they were.
obvs Eating chickens is for the bourgeoisie
And my flight got cancelled.

:goth:
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
obvs posted:
And my flight got cancelled.

:goth:

Stuck in NM?
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I live in the foothills of the Sierras and got to experience my first car breakdown in a snowstorm during after-thanksgiving traffic.

"Don't talk about snow."
TOS
Metacell posted:
I live in the foothills of the Sierras and got to experience my first car breakdown in a snowstorm during after-thanksgiving traffic.

"Don't talk about snow."

that's dangerous, people die trapped in their cars ... i presume you got out okay? you're not trapped on a darkened roadside tapping your last words into a smart phone?
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
No, it died fortunately on a freeway exit right next to a gas station. And I have AAA...but nevertheless a harrowing nightmare experience. Lots going around that day...apparently 300 cars involved in a sliding down the mountain traffic jam.
TOS
yikes, glad you're okay
juice Inadvertently correct
We got nine inches of wet, heavy snow on Sunday.
TOS
juice posted:
We got nine inches of wet, heavy "snow" on Sunday.

is that what the kids are calling it nowadays
it warmed up enough that the snow turned to slush. I shoveled clean my streetside parking spot so I'll be able to get out tomorrow morning when it's frozen again.
dv
Missed us. Enjoy.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
What is this snow you speak of?
arkayn posted:

Bend over and I'll show you.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
We got just enough last night to call-off school, about a half inch.
(Before you roll your eyes, that was just enough to freeze when the temp dropped into the upper 20's and laid down a nice sheet of ice on the roads.)
https://www.wymt.com/content/news/Break ... 17391.html
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Betonhaus posted:
arkayn posted:

Bend over and I'll show you.

Nice sunny day here in Arizona, 70F.
user Stupid cockwomble
havta live near Joe A. tho
We're apparently having a chinook here so everything's melting and it's warm again.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
user posted:
havta live near Joe A. tho

He lives down in the Phoenix area, I am up close to Vegas.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Snow!!!