so about those graffiti tourists in thailand ...

Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]
TOS
ukimalefu Wasn't me
I was expecting something worse.

Like, do they still have all their fingers?

no jail? ok, but I'd understand banning them from the country for a few years at least. You do NOT go to another country and defile historic places.
TOS
the original punishment got a lot of coverage, their release won't

deterrent achieved; mission accomplished
Hang on: at the time I read it, the linked news report basically only talks about the Canadian woman. The Brit who got caught with her got only his name mentioned but otherwise had nothing about him.

Maybe he got away with a similar fine.

Maybe he got something harsher because he started the graffiti (the security cam footage clearly showed that), so the Thai judge was more lenient on her because he believed that she was drunk at the time and was just repeating his action.

A web search on "Furlong Lee"--the name of the Brit--showed nothing recent about him, only repetitions of the original story from back in October.

BTW: the orginal story was posted here after being separated from the Random Image thread.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
The embassies will get them off with a fine and banishment.

... told ya ...
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
They should forcibly get face tattoos. That would be appropriate.
"Briton spared jail for spraying ‘Scouser Lee’ on Thai gate".

He was fined a greater amount of 200,000 Thai baht/~£4,700/~US$6,000/~CA$8,000--compared to I'm guessing 125,000 Thai baht/~£3,000/~US$3800/~CA$6,000 for the woman--and also was not sent to jail.

Apparently his sentencing was a day to two following the woman's sentencing.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Well that's good. I really think Thai are not vindictive authoritarians like Duterte's regime or Saudi Arabia.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

so about those graffiti tourists in thailand ...