TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Nope ... not visible.

*sigh*

fixed

incorrect

the one quoted in duke's post I cannot fix, since I can't edit his post, I fixed my original post.

here is it, once more

Metacell Chocolate Brahma
TOS
ukimalefu posted:
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Nope ... not visible.

*sigh*

fixed

incorrect

the one quoted in duke's post I cannot fix, since I can't edit his post, I fixed my original post.

here is it, once more

wasn't worth all the hassle
ukimalefu Canadized
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Nope ... not visible.

*sigh*

fixed

incorrect

here is it, once more

It ain't easy being green.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu posted:
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Nope ... not visible.

*sigh*

fixed

incorrect

here is it, once more

It ain't easy being green.

ukimalefu Canadized

Don't eat the green snow

the reason is it's warm enough for algae to grow
Isn't it supposed to be good for you? I could see it being the new diet fad.
ukimalefu Canadized
Metacell posted:

Some plants are good for you, some are poison. If you're not 100% sure you can eat something, don't.

It was a joke.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I thought it was a reference to a Frank Zappa song.
ukimalefu posted:
Metacell posted:

Some plants are good for you, some are poison. If you're not 100% sure you can eat something, don't.

It was a joke.

I was joking too. But I could see it all the algae in Antarctica being served up as Chinese boner pills.
Kirk posted:
I find the sound a bit irritating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0pZSXj3ZVE

Sounds a little Blade Runnerish, which is close to being a touch ironic.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
horrible, yet mesmerizing ...
obvs To hell with toilet paper. I own a bidet
Well that's definitely one of the most amazing pictures I've seen today.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu Canadized

Pesquet's parrot, also known as the Dracula parrot, or as the vulturine parrot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pesquet%27s_parrot
TOS
not an image, but space-x is apparently building "floating spaceports" for hypersonic passenger travel across the globe, as well as flights to the moon and mars

has he lost it? are they going too far?
jkahless Custom Title
TOS posted:
not an image, but space-x is apparently building "floating spaceports" for hypersonic passenger travel across the globe, as well as flights to the moon and mars

When has Musk ever “had” it? He’s either going to pull a Howard Hughes, or eat a gun within 5 years. I can only hope he doesn’t hurt too many of his workers before then.
jkahless posted:
TOS posted:

When has Musk ever “had” it? He’s either going to pull a Howard Hughes, or eat a gun within 5 years. I can only hope he doesn’t hurt too many of his workers before then.

He may be a bit nuts, but he is also determined. Everything he is doing has a single overriding purpose - to make him the first citizen of Mars. These space ports are a perfect example - by developing reliable rocket-based transport on Earth, he is also perfecting the rocket technology needed on Mars. Sure, he is going balls to the wall, and he expects his employees to do the same, but that's because he wants to go to Mars while he is alive, not posthumously as a can of ashes.

The only way he eats a gun is if he realizes his dream is unachievable, and frankly, I think it is.
TOS
saying that it haunts the country is putting it mildly

we went from being at the bleeding edge of world aerospace to basically nothing overnight
TOS
jkahless posted:
TOS posted:

well, howard hughes failed a hell of a lot, while space-x really does have a functioning launch system, including with passengers, that's frigging amazing

though i admit i still don't trust them to maintain safety standards over the long term
TOS posted:

we went from being at the bleeding edge of world aerospace to basically nothing overnight

True, but Canadians did end up helping the US/West beat the Soviets to the moon, and that was an enormous win.
ukimalefu Canadized
WTF I didn't believe the date for that plane, it looks [in pic] to have been an entire decade later with it's design.
jkahless Custom Title
TOS posted:
jkahless posted:
TOS posted:

well, howard hughes failed a hell of a lot, while space-x really does have a functioning launch system, including with passengers, that's frigging amazing

though i admit i still don't trust them to maintain safety standards over the long term

The fact that Musk's house of cards is standing tall is why I'm suspicious. I feel like all its going to take is one real lasting consequence and things will domino.
TOS
maurvir posted:
TOS posted:

True, but Canadians did end up helping the US/West beat the Soviets to the moon, and that was an enormous win.

yeah, plus the space shuttle, the iss and the sounding rocket program is awesome, but we could have been so much more than a barely-visible supporting player
juice Inadvertently correct
TOS posted:
maurvir posted:
TOS posted:

yeah, plus the space shuttle, the iss and the sounding rocket program is awesome, but we could have been so much more than a barely-visible supporting player

I’d rather be a supporting player with socialized medicine.
macnuke Afar
TOS
juice posted:
TOS posted:
maurvir posted:
TOS posted:

I’d rather be a supporting player with socialized medicine.

i like to think it's not either/or, but you make a fair point

maybe with the border closed we'll finally start developing stronger links with europe ... perhaps we'll join the european space agency?
ukimalefu Canadized
ukimalefu Canadized
The June 22, 2020 Astronomy Picture of the Day:

Yesterday's annular solar eclipse passed directly over Xiamen, China, so the photographer took advantage of the Moon's mountains to create this image.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu Canadized
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

amazing science/nature images

Page: 1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73