amazing science/nature images

Page: 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Online now: Bing (sucks)
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?

April 21, 1972: Apollo 16 astronaut John Young at the rim of the Plum Crater on the Moon.
juice Inadvertently correct
their is actual video of whites breaking into those cages. so yeah, that cage wouldn't protect you. maybe from a tiger if not adults whom are provoked, but they are meant for the smaller stuff like blacktips (which even dwarfing in size to them others are far more dangerous from their innate hyper aggression).
macnuke Afar
For the religious people...

God gives you a number when you are born.
when your number is up....you die.
He also gave you free will.
please remember there IS such a thing as stick fiddling with your number.

That's in Hawaii

Weird magic stuff probably happens around it.
user Stupid cockwomble

Portuguese man-of-war
dv
dv posted:

I regularly do a simpler variation of that technique for clients in Photoshop.

For a greater challenge, produce those new pictures in full original colour.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu posted:

Pinnatus Batfish (Platax pinnatus)
beautiful species
Séamas Honorary Consul General
ukimalefu posted:

That was a great Lost in Space episode.
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
bezos promises return to moon by 2024

Good for him

If he and Elon Musk collaborated I'm sure they could meet that deadline.

But it won't happen. Still, competition is good.

I've been saying it for years now. The new space race is commercial.
TOS
i'm concerned that both blue origin and space-x have been having similar teething technical problems with their capsules, particularly the abort systems and parachutes
TOS posted:
i'm concerned that both blue origin and space-x have been having similar teething technical problems with their capsules, particularly the abort systems and parachutes

Space is hard

Nasa has had lots many problems

Russia too

SpaceX has had problems before.

They do tests for a reason, find problems, and fix them.

In successes vs failures, SpaceX is ahead.

This is one of those rare occasions where I'm a very optimistic fanboy.
maurvir Meat popsicle
Yeah, if we could get these three organizations to work together and share hard-won knowledge, we would already be on Mars. However, I'm not going to begrudge competition between the private players. NASA, on the other hand, should be giving both sides information learned from the publicly funded space efforts of the past.
maurvir posted:
Yeah, if we could get these three organizations to work together and share hard-won knowledge, we would already be on Mars. However, I'm not going to begrudge competition between the private players. NASA, on the other hand, should be giving both sides information learned from the publicly funded space efforts of the past.

It appears that they are trying to solve problems from 1967. At this rate, we'll never have an elevator to my moon vacation home!
If we buy more cheap Chinese crap and give Bezos and Musk more money we can make sure the 0.01% can take the 1% to the moon, or at least around it. This is on us! We can do it!
Ribtor posted:
If we buy more cheap Chinese crap and give Bezos and Musk more money we can make sure the 0.01% can take the 1% to the moon, or at least around it. This is on us! We can do it!

With the tariffs announced today the Chinese crap won't be as cheap for us. It will now be on you. Good luck, we're all counting on you.

A skull affected by Chordoma

uhm...

maurvir Meat popsicle
Ribtor posted:

I've never operated under the illusion that I will ever leave this planet, but I hope our species does. If that means the first colonists are the 1%, so be it. As long as they figure out they still need workers at some point to make the whole thing sustainable.
maurvir posted:
Ribtor posted:

I've never operated under the illusion that I will ever leave this planet, but I hope our species does. If that means the first colonists are the 1%, so be it. As long as they figure out they still need workers at some point to make the whole thing sustainable.

"The universe needs ditch diggers"
juice posted:
maurvir posted:
Ribtor posted:

"The universe needs ditch diggers"

I'm not sure who that is :heh: but I googled for "the expanse belter quotes"
And now we return to our scheduled programming

maurvir Meat popsicle

Note, this was a strategically bad move, as it strongly encouraged the Spaniards to cleanse the area from stem to stern as a result. The Aztec empire collapsed within a year, and a few decades later, most of the civilization was lost to the winds/jungle.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
Why The US Has No High-Speed Rail

Hint: Big Oil?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaf6baEu0_w
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

amazing science/nature images

Page: 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57