Let it not be said that Canadians aren't sentimental

Online now: ukimalefu
Recently the Canadian federal government got into some hot water because its program to replace aging CF-18s speedballed straight to the F-35 without a proper evaluation process.

But it turns out among the proposals they rejected was a group of Canadian investors who pitched an updated version of the long-defunct Avro Arrow.

Quote:
The Arrow was an advanced, all-weather supersonic interceptor jet developed in the 1950s but the project was scrapped before a single plane could be built.

But MacKenzie told the Global TV show “The West Block” that the Arrow’s basic design and platform still exceed any current fighter jet and it’s perfect for Canada’s needs.

Amazing that after all these years so many people just can't let the stick fiddler go.

Avro Arrow on Wiki
blurt mundus vult decipi
I don't believe it. I think it's a viral marketing campaign by the Royal Canadian Air Farce.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Amazing that after all these years so many people just can't let the stick fiddler go.

Yeah, well, the Leafs still manage to get asses on seats too, Doesn't mean they've been relevant during my lifetime either.
You're going straight to Toronto hell for that one.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
so just regular Toronto?
Alberta, silly.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Hey, all the cool kids have Delta Wings these days.
Sure, close coupled canard delta wings. So what? The Arrow was a highly developed example of 1950s technology but has been obsolete since the late 60's. We would be further ahead to refurbish (again) the CF-18s we have now than to exhume the Arrow.

And, FWIW, I'm going to Gaspé, because it seems like a nice place to go. And, apparently, that is where my ancestors made landfall when their ship was blown off course in the late 1700s.
sturner Ancient Soldier
Oh, just stick a new decal on it, and everyone will be happy.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Let it not be said that Canadians aren't sentimental