The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
Young's is a great and very chocolatey, chocolate stout that very nearly approaches dessert beer status, but is not really that sweet. Not too expensive either.

Sam Adams' winter collection is a great cheap flavored beer assortment that includes the wonderful Old Fezziwig Ale (which is really the reason to buy it at all) and a Cherry Chocolate Bock.

Rogue makes a decent chocolate stout also. About a month ago, I had a Rogue stout bomber and the extremely-vanilla-flavored-and-definitely-dessert-beer-but-delicious-anyway Crème Brûlée by Southern Tier, side by side. That was fun.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
user Stupid cockwomble
radarman posted:
I just couldn't find a source for them that wasn't fleabay.

Case in point. I doubt very much I could find cassettes locally other than cheap bargin-bin leftovers.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
radarman posted:
user posted:
Bet the trick is getting good cassettes.

Not really. Sony also made some very good cassette tapes, and their Metal line was great. I still have some somewhere. I just couldn't find a source for them that wasn't fleabay.

TDK 4eva!
user Stupid cockwomble
I was a BIG TDK fan.
TOS
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
StaticAge posted:
Sam Adams' ... Cherry Chocolate Bock.

Tasted it the other night, it's quite good.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
I've never had a non-disappointing Sam Adams.
meow is woof in cat
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
jkahless Custom Title
user Stupid cockwomble
More arrogant meat-eating blatherskite. It's safe for them to do that because they are in the majority.
jkahless Custom Title
//shrugs// It's a joke.

You line up the average omnivore and I'll line up the average vegan. We'll see who's more arrogant and self righteous.
user Stupid cockwomble
If a vegetarian shop put something like that in their window, it would probably get smashed.
dv
user posted:
If a vegetarian shop put something like that in their window, it would probably get smashed.

It's the omega-3 deficiency. Effects brain function, makes you impulsive and violent.
jkahless Custom Title
user posted:

Maybe in BF Texas, but in a real city, I highly doubt it.
jkahless Custom Title
Geesie posted:

I think they get a worse rap than they deserve, but, I kinda agree. That said though, on several occasions I have been impressed just because I had expected less. Plus, several of their offerings really are better than average: their gingerbread stout is great, they make a decent double bock, their cream stout is very good, and like I said, the Old Fezziwig Ale is pretty good too (as well as the cherry chocolate bock and the juniper ipa in the same assortment). Oh, and I also liked their Thirteenth Hour.

Their stuff is somewhat pedestrian, but, at least they put out a lot of variety and are much better and more fun than typical no flavor stuff like bud or coors and whatnot.
user Stupid cockwomble
Sam's a good beer when there's nothing else worthwhile on tap.
user Stupid cockwomble
jkahless posted:
user posted:

Maybe in BF Texas, but in a real city, I highly doubt it.

Maybe it's because I live in BF NC.
jkahless posted:

I love the Arrogant Worms!

Here’s another good one:

Mounted Animal Nature Trail

The live version is much better, but I couldn’t find it.
jkahless Custom Title
If you ever get a chance to see em live, they're fantastic.
They are making a new album and say they will tour. If they come near Kamloops, I’ll totally go :)
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

if i ever see that in the rearview i might well crap myself
Séamas Honorary Consul General
StaticAge posted:
Young's is a great and very chocolatey, chocolate stout that very nearly approaches dessert beer status, but is not really that sweet. Not too expensive either.

Sam Adams' winter collection is a great cheap flavored beer assortment that includes the wonderful Old Fezziwig Ale (which is really the reason to buy it at all) and a Cherry Chocolate Bock.

Rogue makes a decent chocolate stout also. About a month ago, I had a Rogue stout bomber and the extremely-vanilla-flavored-and-definitely-dessert-beer-but-delicious-anyway Crème Brûlée by Southern Tier, side by side. That was fun.

"Chocolate" in brewing can mean that it is brewed with "chocolate malt"--which is barley malt that is roasted dark and the result has a certain chocolate-like flavor.
A GREAT "chocolate" stout brewed with just malt (and no real chocolate) id the Brooklyn Chocolate Stout--usually available this time of year. It is an Imperial/Russian Stout so it is strong--weighing in at 100% abv, but an exceptional beer.

I think the Rogue and the Youngs' use actual dark chocolate in the brew. I've had the Youngs', but not the Rogue.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
StaticAge posted:
Geesie posted:

I think they get a worse rap than they deserve, but, I kinda agree. That said though, on several occasions I have been impressed just because I had expected less. Plus, several of their offerings really are better than average: their gingerbread stout is great, they make a decent double bock, their cream stout is very good, and like I said, the Old Fezziwig Ale is pretty good too (as well as the cherry chocolate bock and the juniper ipa in the same assortment). Oh, and I also liked their Thirteenth Hour.

Their stuff is somewhat pedestrian, but, at least they put out a lot of variety and are much better and more fun than typical no flavor stuff like bud or coors and whatnot.

They make a nice Oktoberfest, and their Cream Stout is deserving of a bigger release.
Their Latitude 48 IPA is good, Fezziwig is pretty good (should also have a bigger release) as is their Holiday Porter.

Other than that I am astonished at how bad some of their output can be. Some of it is just dreadful--I am shocked that they repeatedly put out stuff like their cranberry lambic (which isn't a lambic!).

Back in the late 80s my friend's dad supplied us with a case of Sam Adams Boston Lager for christmas and it seemed like a miracle to us--we had gotten into "good" beer, but had yet to ever encounter a good American beer--the Sam Adams was such a revelation at the time. It's sad as there are a lot of good brewmasters in New England.
TOS
DukeofNuke posted:

man, that takes me back
TOS posted:
DukeofNuke posted:

man, that takes me back

I have that same chair and I plan on doing a series of studio shoots ripping off old magazine ads like that. Just for fun.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
ukimalefu posted:

Holy crap, Joseph has a giant tumor on his forehead.
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
bloom county 4 eva
C. Ives posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Holy crap, Joseph has a giant tumor on his forehead.

Damn you, now I can't unsee it. Don't worry, the baby will cure him in no time.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
winestopper.png
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 912