The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 913
Online now: No visible users
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle

(picture is link)
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
radarman wrote:
DEyncourt wrote:

Pic links to online petition to Disney to "save" the original Merida from Brave (as opposed to the version on the right that Disney will be using in marketing campaigns).

I did think that I might put this into the Political Image Thread but chose here instead.

Good luck with that. Disney has been pushing the whole "Princesses" thing for a while (I know - I have a four year old daughter) The new model fits more into that princess line than the original.

We are talking Disney here, a company well known for revisionist history making when it suited the bottom line.

I like 'em both; but Jasmine needs to be sexier ...

Last edited by DukeofNuke on Fri May 10, 2013 5:56 pm.

ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
I can't believe that someone at Disney thinks they can improve Pixar.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
There is something very wrong with the eyes of the re-imagined Merida.

Brave wasn't a great Pixar movie, but as something of a "Disney princess" story, the character of Merida was very likable. I had no problem with my daughter admiring her--as opposed to the other typical princesses.
jkahless Custom Title
Just gonna say. Ariel was hot. That is all.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Disney's Princesses do grow up ...

jkahless wrote:
Just gonna say. Ariel was hot. That is all.

Smelled like fish.
jkahless Custom Title
You need to find fresher fish.
TOS
yes, i'll go for a ride on your rocket ship

Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
TOS wrote:
yes, i'll go for a ride on your rocket ship

I just watched Firefly last month for the first time. It was a great show, but I can see why it was cancelled - especially on Fox. The producers should have pushed for HBO or Cinemax, where I think it would have been a hit. That said, Jewel Staite was just as adorable, if not more so, on Firefly than she was on Atlantis - and that's saying something.
I heard Staite say in a Q&A session that Whedon asked her to put on about 20 pounds for her role as Kaylee in Firefly. By the time they got around to making the movie Serenity two years after Firefly was cancelled, she had lost that weight. She dutifully asked if they wanted her to put on that weight again and to her great relief they told her "no".
heh, good one
TOS
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
rjprice wrote:

My SIL, the Deputy, enjoyed this one very much.
TOS
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
TOS
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TOS wrote:

Jennifer Horton is a character on "Days of Our Lives"
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
rjprice wrote:

From another age where people were trusted with all sorts of things, like tommy guns. ;)
And if you have any left over when the farmin' is done, you can use 'em fer fishin'!
Done that. Its fun. We cleared a small pond of fish (also frogs and anything else stunable) to restock it.
Kirk wrote:
Done that. Its fun. We cleared a small pond of fish (also frogs and anything else stunable) to restock it.

Wait...you CLEARED the lake of animal life in order to RE-stock it?

(Yeah, I know--probably removing undesirable species like, say, carp for a preferred one like trout, but you have to admit superficially it does sound contradictory).
Yes, better to use the ol' dynomite than a poison. ;)
Kirk wrote:
Yes, better to use the ol' dynomite than a poison. ;)

Wouldn't a couple of car batteries and some metal rods with insulated handles work as well (and not attract the police...)
This was a friend's man-made pond, about 1/2 acre in size. It was in the bottom of a small valley with a retaining wall to create the pond. The nearest non-farmer road was about 1/4 mile away. We were not worried about that.

Electricity kill depends on getting enough current evenly through the pond. Its trickier than throwing a couple sticks of dynamite in a pattern around the pond.
TOS
Scientology opens a new center in Portland, OR--propaganda hilarity ensues:

Read the linked story for more such fun.

Scientology estimated the crowd at 2500. Others put it at between 450-700.

Oddly the local Scientology group got a movie permit in order to close the streets in the area (hmm, and perhaps to help them to control media coverage? It would be more reasonable for Portland PD to go after news media and other people making recordings if they were "making a movie" as opposed to just having a PR event).
Shouldn't this be in the thread about scumbag psychics? After all, Scientology is PT Barnum enshrined as a "religion".
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 913