The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 913
Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso, Majestic-12 [Bot]
Post Reply
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
User avatar
he seems to fall straight until he hits the tower at about 8-10 feet (when he lets go of the dummy (or whatever that is), and bounces off it a bit.
TOS
User avatar
Séamas Honorary Consul General
User avatar
I have seen a great number of poorly Photoshopped images in my time as a photographer and I can tell by the pixels that it is a fake.
And whatever the imagery is supposed to evoke escapes me.
Unless its just more 'oh no technology is going to wreck us'.
TOS
User avatar
Séamas Honorary Consul General
User avatar
Kirk wrote:
And whatever the imagery is supposed to evoke escapes me.
Unless its just more 'oh no technology is going to wreck us'.



Hmm, I thought it meant the "coming of the Sandhill Crane Messiahs is at hand".
TOS
User avatar
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
User avatar
that's just bitchin'
I don't understand the guy not trying a sweep instead of a punch. ah well
Kirk wrote:
I don't understand the guy not trying a sweep instead of a punch. ah well


Good lord man, it's the famous end to the Karate Kid.
Well, minus the bad guys head coming off of course.
Séamas wrote:
I have seen a great number of poorly Photoshopped images in my time as a photographer and I can tell by the pixels that it is a fake.


I'm not sure, "Photoshopped" is the right word for an image like that. Perhaps, "Gimped" is more evocative.
TOS
User avatar
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
User avatar
TOS wrote:
Image


Prof isn't quite right. Those who cheated may kill people later, but will most likely end up in upper management where they can't do any permanent harm.
TOS
User avatar
TOS
User avatar
funnest. gif. evar.

Image
TOS
User avatar
TOS
User avatar
not everyone was freaked out by the russian meteor:

Image
Given some of the crazy crash videos we get from Russian dashcams, I can imagine a bright light in the sky is no big deal ;)
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
There's always some sort of weird KGB human waste flying around.
TOS
User avatar
come on, honey, you can make it

Image
Ow, blow to the chin
It looks like she's got Teva's on her feet. She shoulda just waded the stream.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
TOS
User avatar
this cat has huevos, man

Image
Heh, he's huntin'
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
Kirk wrote:
I don't understand the guy not trying a sweep instead of a punch. ah well

Like I said, that's a damn stupid pose.
Awesome Price, I'll have to try that on the next rabid vegan that gives me a hard time. Coming from an old fart like me, I expect lots of strange looks in response. ;)

user wrote:
Kirk wrote:
I don't understand the guy not trying a sweep instead of a punch. ah well
Like I said, that's a damn stupid pose.

Muwah? You did? where?

Farmerkev wrote:
Kirk wrote:
I don't understand the guy not trying a sweep instead of a punch. ah well
Good lord man, it's the famous end to the Karate Kid.
Well, minus the bad guys head coming off of course.

Yeah yeah, sorry. That movie made me roll my eyes and I couldn't watch it all the way through.
TOS
User avatar
rjprice wrote:
Image


man, i gotta remember that the next time i get a lecture from a vegetarian
TOS
User avatar
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
User avatar
TOS wrote:
oh dear

Image


For reference, this would be an acceptable event during which to pee yourself.
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
Kirk wrote:
user wrote:
Kirk wrote:
I don't understand the guy not trying a sweep instead of a punch. ah well
Like I said, that's a damn stupid pose.

Muwah? You did? where?

It was in a different thread a little while ago.
TOS
User avatar
duck and cover

Image
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
User avatar
TOS wrote:
duck and cover

Image


Ok, not having lived through that era, did anyone actually buy that stuff? I know when I was growing up during the tail end of the cold war, it was pretty much expected that by the time you saw the bright flash, you may as well go ahead and walk toward it.
We were kids and didn't know any better. They told us the duck and cover likely would not protect from a nearby hit. However we were farmers and unlikely to be close enough to any strike where duck and cover would not help. We had practice drills about once a month at school. They were dead serious about it.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
User avatar
radarman wrote:
TOS wrote:
duck and cover

Image


Ok, not having lived through that era, did anyone actually buy that stuff? I know when I was growing up during the tail end of the cold war, it was pretty much expected that by the time you saw the bright flash, you may as well go ahead and walk toward it.


Which is wrong. You can be far enough away to avoid the worst effects of the gamma radiation but still need to protect yourself from overpressure and thermal effects.
TOS
User avatar
Geesie wrote:
radarman wrote:
TOS wrote:
duck and cover

Image


Ok, not having lived through that era, did anyone actually buy that stuff? I know when I was growing up during the tail end of the cold war, it was pretty much expected that by the time you saw the bright flash, you may as well go ahead and walk toward it.


Which is wrong. You can be far enough away to avoid the worst effects of the gamma radiation but still need to protect yourself from overpressure and thermal effects.


that's not the way they sold it
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic
Post Reply

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 913