The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 928
Online now: DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], ukimalefu
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
"My eyes are up here!"
6468527.jpg
"Then Jesus wept"
camel-spiders.jpg
'Stralia
lunapic_13597671072283_1.gif
'Stralia.

If America can have 'Merica, then Australia can have 'Stralia
The+show+must+go+on.+D_d74858_3955727.jpg
The show must go on!
TOS
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Really ?

Instagram ?
Another one that would be noisy in person:

Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
And that's why you slack the tiedown chains.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_resonance
WindowsBreakerG5 Defender of the Oxford Comma
TOS wrote:

Supposedly that's a 5.13 :eek:
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
blurt mundus vult decipi
Freakout Jackson wrote:
10th-Ave.png

It just aint the same without Clarence Clemons :(
TOS
Waitress who posted "tip" from pastor gets fired:

To be sure: the original photo that she posted had all of the signature--she apparently believed that it was illegible--and so after the picture was posted on Reddit some people decided to figure out who the pastor was and apparently did.
user Stupid cockwomble
There's a bit in Waiter Rant about what poor tippers after church diners are - that sometimes they'll leave bible verses or literature instead of a tip because they think that's more valuable.

The company was justified in the firing, though.
I think it's insult to injury. The almighty pastor stiffs the waitress, not the company, didn't even ask to see the manager. The waitress just posts a photograph of it, and once it gets around, the pastor called Applebee's to get the waitress fired claiming the waitress "ruined" her reputation, so now she's responsible for losing her job too. As if the pastors own words and actions had nothing to do with her own reputation. Applebee's has the right to fire anybody I suppose, but I think they suck to side with such a crappy person and not back their workers. As if they had good food anyway. That woman is a Pharisee, people like that are snakes.
sean Royal Wombat
I totally side with the waiter here. I don't care if your the frigging pope. Barring truly poor service, you need to tip your waiter. If you are unwilling to tip your waiter, stay the hell home.
user Stupid cockwomble
She posted a customer's personal information on the internet. There was no way the company could let that slide. She showed worse judgement than the "Pastor".
macnuke Afar
Sean wrote:
I totally side with the waiter here. I don't care if your the frigging pope. Barring truly poor service, you need to tip your waiter. If you are unwilling to tip your waiter, stay the hell home.

providing you do your job and give some decent service.
taking an order and slinging it on the table does not constitute service.
I want a smile, a refill on my tea or at least ask if i need more and you offer some desert.
a tip is for good service.... not just service.
decent service starts at 20%. you work for more.
and it can be less depending on service.
user Stupid cockwomble
Just don't leave nothing.....unless maybe they kicked your dog.
user wrote:
She posted a customer's personal information on the internet. There was no way the company could let that slide. She showed worse judgement than the "Pastor".

Meh. Where I'm from it was common practice for all kinds of businesses to post bad checks on their walls. If the pastor had wanted that nasty side of her personality kept secret then she shouldn't have written what she did in a public establishment and signed her name to it.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
This is kind of a gray area for me.

The pastor didn't write a bad check and bad checks are posted by the business owner--

But at the same time wait staff are in an in-between state--they are both "free agents" and employees.

The gratuity system is crap. And this is just further evidence.

Does the pastor get a receipt from God when she sends god the 10%, or does her 10% go right back to herself?

I think the pastor was a human waste head, stupid and insensitive.

The waitress should have used better judgement and Applebees should have handled this with a reprimand of both the waitress AND the pastor.

I hope the waitress gets another job soon, and that the pastor gets another line of work. Sounds like the type of pastor who got their degree from a mail order company.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I don't know of it was confirmed or not, but a lot of the people on reddit were saying she runs a 15 person "church" out of her own home, so basically the 10% really is just going back to her.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
mmaverick wrote:
I don't know of it was confirmed or not, but a lot of the people on reddit were saying she runs a 15 person "church" out of her own home, so basically the 10% really is just going back to her.

Has she declared herself "God"?
TOS
mmaverick wrote:

Sounds like a tax scam if I ever heard one
WindowsBreakerG5 wrote:
mmaverick wrote:

Sounds like a tax scam if I ever heard one

Oh, no. It's "religious". It's not just a tax scam, it's just a scam period. No wonder she's worried about her own reputation and the shame she brought on her church (aka business) but has no words about how she shames the god who she supposedly is a conduit to.
TOS
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
http://www.christianpost.com/news/apple ... dit-89270/

I apologize, it's not out of her home, it's out of a store front...
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
I just realized... a $34 bill for 20 people? Diet Coke and water all around?
I bet it was split
dv
Geesie wrote:
I just realized... a $34 bill for 20 people? Diet Coke and water all around?

There was probably a "bottomless" appetizer that got split 15 ways.
my vote goes with wb
This one seems useful and I expect it will appear in many threads:

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 928