The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], iDaemon
Post Reply
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
User avatar
Image

Of course, there could be other issues with the presentation - note the inability to master "smart quotes".
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
User avatar
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
User avatar
DukeofNuke wrote:
user wrote:
Oh, yes. That Pripyat ferris wheel is iconic.

I couldn't hang around it when I was "there" because of all the anomalies sparking around it.

That sounds like a story that needs to be told.


It's from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series of computer games (call of pripyat I'm guessing?) It's essentially the same as Fallout 3 but set in the Chernobyl area, and about 50 times harder.
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
Call of Pripyat was the last game in the series, but that is correct. It can be pretty difficult... I started a new game a few days ago on "Hell" difficulty after not playing it for few years and then remembered why I never used that setting. They were working on a 360 version of the game, but I think the company imploded for some reason.

I've played that game so much I feel like I've "been there".
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
User avatar
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
User avatar
user wrote:
Call of Pripyat was the last game in the series, but that is correct. It can be pretty difficult... I started a new game a few days ago on "Hell" difficulty after not playing it for few years and then remembered why I never used that setting. They were working on a 360 version of the game, but I think the company imploded for some reason.

I've played that game so much I feel like I've "been there".


Oh. I see.

:squint: :roll:
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
User avatar
DukeofNuke wrote:
user wrote:
Call of Pripyat was the last game in the series, but that is correct. It can be pretty difficult... I started a new game a few days ago on "Hell" difficulty after not playing it for few years and then remembered why I never used that setting. They were working on a 360 version of the game, but I think the company imploded for some reason.

I've played that game so much I feel like I've "been there".


Oh. I see.

:squint: :roll:


In all fairness, that game is supposed to be spot on in terms of exteriors. Obviously the interiors have been modified to make the game, well, a game - but I believe this was the game where they used surveys and historical documents to get it right.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
User avatar
I thought User had been to Chernobyl, and hadn't bothered to tell us in the past 15 years.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
DukeofNuke wrote:
I thought User had been to Chernobyl, and hadn't bothered to tell us in the past 15 years.


Read this website, all of it, it's the blog of a girl who actually went there to Chernobyl.

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter1.html

Here's the same ferris wheel

Image
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
Thats some BS. No way, look at when the brakes are applied only a car lenght away from the truck on the left
Its a fisheye view camera. That will over accentuate the speed of the vehicle. I suspect its going slower than we think.

That's not to say that pedestrian isn't soon to grace the Darwin Award list.
This one's for Kirk:

Image
Well, now we know how to human waste off a moose.
Guy's firs mistake: he wasn't crouching.
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Guy's firs mistake: he wasn't crouching.

They can't see you when in sneak mode.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
user wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Guy's firs mistake: he wasn't crouching.

They can't see you when in sneak mode.


Not if you get under a box and don't move.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
Image

4 stick fiddling EVA
user wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Guy's firs mistake: he wasn't crouching.

They can't see you when in sneak mode.


And you get that nice critical bonus for a surprise attack.
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
3x! (I always try to scale up to 40 ASAP)
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
User avatar
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
That's cool. I liked it earlier when the first ape to finally touch it would reach out and then dash back, kicking his feet at the ground.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
User avatar
ukimalefu wrote:
Image


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
blurt mundus vult decipi
User avatar
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
user wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Guy's firs mistake: he wasn't crouching.

They can't see you when in sneak mode.


And you get that nice critical bonus for a surprise attack.

But you have to follow it up with a melee weapon. I suspect the archer lacked one.

Don't be that guy! Have a dagger at least.
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
User avatar
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
blurt wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
user wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Guy's firs mistake: he wasn't crouching.

They can't see you when in sneak mode.


And you get that nice critical bonus for a surprise attack.

But you have to follow it up with a melee weapon. I suspect the archer lacked one.

Don't be that guy! Have a dagger at least.
He probably had a knife, but didn't have it hot-keyed.
user wrote:
Only 4?

:P :P :P


:: giggle ::
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
Freakout Jackson wrote:
Image


Still waiting for the iPod invisa.
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
User avatar
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
This one's for Kirk:

Image

Yup, that's why it takes balls . . and be sure you've got something to hide behind.
Also, no moose is going to stand there like that! If he sees a human he's leaving.
P.S. A front shot is not a good idea. A broadside is much better.
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
User avatar
TOS
User avatar
Kirk wrote:
Yup, that's why it takes balls . . and be sure you've got something to hide behind.
Also, no moose is going to stand there like that! If he sees a human he's leaving.
P.S. A front shot is not a good idea. A broadside is much better.

if you look closely it seems he hit the antlers
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic
Post Reply

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 912