The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 921, 922, 923, 924, 925, 926, 927, 928
Online now: Bing (sucks)
TOS
is that a touchpad? very impressive
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway

If you didn't know who they are, you'd never believe they were rebels who defied conventions.
TOS posted:
is that a touchpad? very impressive

The albert computer was an apple II clone. Yes, it had a touchpad

https://classictech.wordpress.com/compu ... d-oaks-ca/

At the bottom of that page there's a link to a pdf brochure, the only place I found with a description of that input device

TOS
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

If you didn't know who they are, you'd never believe they were rebels who defied conventions.

man ... thinking about all the stuff they did that stirred horror and outrage, especially him

meanwhile, feminization still stirs outrage half a century later (though perhaps now the outrage more niche and less widespread)
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:

man ... thinking about all the stuff they did that stirred horror and outrage, especially him

meanwhile, feminization still stirs outrage half a century later (though perhaps now the outrage more niche and less widespread)

The squares will always be the squares...who the hell else are we going to freak out? We need them.

apple.com/ipod - August 2004

palm.com - March 2000

Most stupid thing ever, roll over an ant with one wheel, and ALL FOUR rims break, and the truck flips over.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
"Mall Crawler"
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu posted:

Most stupid thing ever, roll over an ant with one wheel, and ALL FOUR rims break, and the truck flips over.

Interestingly, those are similar looking to the wheels on the Mars rovers... However, this truck will never leave asphalt for more than 10 minutes in its life - it is purely a showpiece.
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

i'd say it would be good for heavy snow, but those things don't seem to have much in the way of tread
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Interestingly, those are similar looking to the wheels on the Mars rovers... However, this truck will never leave asphalt for more than 10 minutes in its life - it is purely a showpiece.

Well, Mars rovers weight less AND are in less gravity, and are all aluminum, no tires. And after all this time, this is from Curiosity:

That's only one of the wheels which is in far worse shape than the others, but still. It's already been said (I don't have the link) that the next rover will have stronger wheels.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:

With the exception that the spokes on the Mars crawlers are flexible, aiding the suspension
dv
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:

i'd say it would be good for heavy snow, but those things don't seem to have much in the way of tread

As wide as they are, they really wouldn't be.
juice Inadvertently correct
ukimalefu posted:
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Well, Mars rovers weight less AND are in less gravity, and are all aluminum, no tires. And after all this time, this is from Curiosity:

That's only one of the wheels which is in far worse shape than the others, but still. It's already been said (I don't have the link) that the next rover will have stronger wheels.

I wonder what material they will use. Titanium? Carbon fiber?

@Kirk, your thoughts?

I'm... 90% sure that's 10 pesos, not dollars.
TOS
ukimalefu posted:
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:

fun fact: there's a conspiracy theory which states that damage is the result of oxidization and bacteria, because, as we're all aware, mars has plenty of life but nasa is keeping it secret
TOS posted:

fun fact: there's a conspiracy theory which states that damage is the result of oxidization and bacteria, because, as we're all aware, mars has plenty of life but nasa is keeping it secret

Yeah... being super thin aluminum going over rocks has nothing to do with it.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
The sample China brought back from Mars is what started the COVID pandemic!
Haven't you read "The Andromeda Strain"?
WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

No idea why Canon was promoting the Apple IIc in Japan.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
TOS posted:

I love the idea of spending billions of dollars exploring the solar system and the visible universe with telescopes, probes and other technology all for the purpose of hiding and denying any and all game-changing discoveries.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Séamas posted:
TOS posted:

I love the idea of spending billions of dollars exploring the solar system and the visible universe with telescopes, probes and other technology all for the purpose of hiding and denying any and all game-changing discoveries.

Yeah, that's just what they want you to think ...
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

so school, work and play in the world of tomorrow consists of looking at wasteful renders of your setup inside wasteful renders of your setup inside wasteful renders of your setup?
So it would seem...

I once dreamed of building a desk computer, though. Of course, my version was more like a literal desk with the PC hidden inside it - not that monstrosity. I saw a youtuber who actually did build what I envisioned, and it was absolutely perfect - except for the crappy thermals.

AI Electronics ABC-24 (1979)

In 1993, Canon created a laptop with a built in printer. The idea was to give travelling executives an easy and portable way to print out documents as needed.
That printer laptop was a neat idea for that time era.

Vaio GT1 built in camera with 681000 pixel resolution, comparable with stand alone cameras of the time. Sold in Japan only.

https://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer/PCOM/PCG-GT1/
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 921, 922, 923, 924, 925, 926, 927, 928