The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 889, 890, 891, 892, 893, 894
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
macnuke Afar
TOS
obvs posted:
Wait. What does that mean?

bloodthirsty christians returning to their natural state -- slaughtering unbelievers and spreading their religion by force

at least that's how i read it
ukimalefu Canadized
ukimalefu Canadized

Photoplay Magazine, August 1967

Photoplay Magazine, August 1967
ukimalefu Canadized
obvs To hell with toilet paper. I own a bidet
Well I definitely want one of those.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Oh, yeah!
Do you know anything else about that vid, uki? Or more about those planes?
Search for J11 RC airplane.
A couple people on youtube made videos with kits from banggood.com (I've never heard of them), some commenters say they've not received theirs after waiting a long time.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
jkahless Custom Title
RC planes have gotten cheap!
ukimalefu Canadized
DukeofNuke posted:
Oh, yeah!
Do you know anything else about that vid, uki? Or more about those planes?

Nope, they had only that gif on... I'm not sure, but I think it's from reddit/ididntknowiwantedthat or something

*edit*

found it!

https://old.reddit.com/r/DidntKnowIWant ... _for_sale/

According to the top comments, it's a scam

:(

I'd love to play with one of those too
ukimalefu Canadized
Apple-compatible

macnuke Afar
ALL the built-in interfaces? then where the hell is my SCSI port?
ukimalefu Canadized
macnuke posted:
ALL the built-in interfaces? then where the hell is my SCSI port?

uh... it's an apple II clone, not a mac?
macnuke Afar
aren't clones genetically identical ?
ukimalefu Canadized
dv
macnuke posted:
aren't clones genetically identical ?

Apple II didn't have SCSI.

And if there's one thing TV has taught me, it's that clones often (usually?) come out "wrong."
ukimalefu Canadized
ukimalefu Canadized
jkahless Custom Title
I was so stoked about superdiscs I was kind of disappointed with the advent of crappy CD-Rs and how they took over. I wanted rewritable data dammit!
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
I'm pretty sure I still have zip discs somewhere with a bunch of old writing and stuff on them. It would be cool to see what's still there.
macnuke Afar
Mustapha Mond posted:
I'm pretty sure I still have zip discs somewhere with a bunch of old writing and stuff on them. It would be cool to see what's still there.

as do I.. sadly, my zip drive was "cleaned out" by my wife.... I was later told SCSI is obsolete and I didn't need that taking up space anymore. :(
and now that you mention it....I wanna know what's on those old disks in the box.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu posted:
Apple-compatible

I had one of these through high-school and my first couple of years of college. It was an amazing machine, and yes, it was 100% compatible with the Apple II. I ran ProComm on it connect with the university mainframe and wrote papers with AppleWorks.
I've never seen a floptical disk. I'm guessing they were popular in Japan like other magneto-optical media?

My Dad bought into SyQuest drives in the 1990s. They were hard disk platters in cartridges.
dv
macnuke posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:

as do I.. sadly, my zip drive was "cleaned out" by my wife.... I was later told SCSI is obsolete and I didn't need that taking up space anymore. :(
and now that you mention it....I wanna know what's on those old disks in the box.

Your wife is the one telling you what technologies you're allowed to use and which are obsolete?

Sorry, dude, all due respect and all, but that's pretty hot.
TOS
i would love to access my old writing from my commodore 64 days, stored on 5-1/4" floppies, god knows how i'd access that content even if i got a drive for my pc

the real goldmine would be the freaky, propprietary floppies used by smith-corona back in the 80s ... i think they were 2-1/2" or something weird
dv posted:
macnuke posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:

Your wife is the one telling you what technologies you're allowed to use and which are obsolete?

Sorry, dude, all due respect and all, but that's pretty hot.

:lol:
My business cash records are still backed up to Zip disks daily, for almost 20 years. Six years ago I configured it to also backup up over the network, but it still uses the zip disks as well. Every so often I check to see if the disks still work. Never saw the "click of death". I keep at least one system floppy-ready because sometimes customers come in with mystery disks.

sean Royal Wombat
macnuke posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:

I've got a USB zip drive lying around somewhere, so I know they made them. Might be worth finding one secondhand, for the lols?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
One of the clinics I was working at still uses those Maxell 720 optical drives for image storage/archiving. Their Toshiba 7100 gamma camera was built in 1996 and uses a Sun Sparkstation running Solaris. The only thing in that lab that had been upgraded in the last twenty five years (including the Technologist) was the flat screen monitors that replaced the burned-out CRTs.
ukimalefu Canadized

I want that piaggio scooter. I've seen it in real life, going around an "S" shaped curve. The independent suspension of the front 2 wheels is amazing, super smooth.
That toyota thing is... intriguing.

And I'm sure it's just a publicity photo, but if that woman rides that scooter in heels, she WILL get seriously hurt. Or anybody in any shoes. Most people think scooters are easy because of the handlebars, but they're not. It's not just about balance, it's the coordination between balance, brakes, and throttle. People fall on segways, which are supposed to have gyroscopes and be computer controlled. Segway lady is wearing a helmet, she's smart.
ukimalefu Canadized
ukimalefu Canadized
ukimalefu Canadized
that's what it says

I never played it
There shouldn't have even been an "Ultima 2".
Mustapha Mond posted:

I think games are on mine. I was the cool kid in middle school who stole my dads zip drive and disks to take them to school and install games on the macs.

The way the computers were set up was anything not saved in your (user server) folder was deleted on machine restart. But you could mount multiple server folders if you had the user id/pw (after their system managment software was bypassed, I knew the hot key to turn off extensions, lol). So I'd install to the desktop than charge for the kids to log in (mount) and than I'd copy paste to their server folder. Only had 3 games to choose from, Nascar, Tombraider or Doom.
Aaron_R posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:

I think games are on mine. I was the cool kid in middle school who stole my dads zip drive and disks to take them to school and install games on the macs.

The way the computers were set up was anything not saved in your (user server) folder was deleted on machine restart. But you could mount multiple server folders if you had the user id/pw (after their system managment software was bypassed, I knew the hot key to turn off extensions, lol). So I'd install to the desktop than charge for the kids to log in (mount) and than I'd copy paste to their server folder. Only had 3 games to choose from, Nascar, Tombraider or Doom.

Nice.

What's funny is half the games my students play on the web now more or less look like they're out of the same era as Doom.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
obvs posted:
There shouldn't have even been an "Ultima 2".

Well, how about Final Fantasy XV?
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Just a picture of my little buddy Chico.

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 889, 890, 891, 892, 893, 894