The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 869, 870, 871, 872, 873, 874
Online now: Google [Bot], Yori
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:

The Runaways and Rush

RIP Neil.

:(
ukimalefu dysfunctional

It's a book from the early 90s.
macnuke Afar
and we still don'thave wide screen VR do we?
TOS
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
dv
maurvir posted:
WTF?

Cats. Sure, you hate your little aloof gremlin, but if it disappeared you'd be heartbroken.
TOS
it's a meme, ya frickin dinosaurs
TOS
dv
ukimalefu dysfunctional
dv posted:

I agree
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
What about Kawasaki?
dv
Metacell posted:
What about Kawasaki?

You're probably either thinking of Kawai (piano maker) or Suzuki (music pedagogue specializing in pre-K string instruction, not related to Suzuki the car company.)
jkahless Custom Title
Closest I can think of are the British piano manufacturers that built bombers in WWII.
dv posted:
Metacell posted:
What about Kawasaki?

You're probably either thinking of Kawai (piano maker) or Suzuki (music pedagogue specializing in pre-K string instruction, not related to Suzuki the car company.)

I'm partial to Casavant and their organs, it being part of my family ancestry after all.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional

Hippie Sabbath
TOS
Séamas Honorary Consul General
ukimalefu posted:

Hippie Sabbath

Iommi without the mustache too.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Betonhaus posted:
I'm partial to Casavant and their organs, it being part of my family ancestry after all.

If it weren't for your ancestor's organs you wouldn't be here?

Same here.
ukimalefu dysfunctional

I have one of those, right here, right now, next to me.

I'm talking about the Macintosh Color Classic.
macnuke Afar
I was gunna ask.
TOS
TOS
I think I gave up for good around season 12. This is around when I started noticing that we as a culture has stopped changing, and the same celebrities and creative artists have been controlling all entertainment for about the last 30 years, and there's only space for new voices when one of them dies.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Ok, now THAT looks like fun. :up:
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Yori Program
I did like the look of Platinum
Yori posted:
I did like the look of Platinum

It was better than the complete fiasco Windows had at the time, but compared to modern window managers, it looks pretty Fisher Price. Of course, I always hated "3D" skeumorphic designs regardless of window manager.
dv
Metacell posted:
I think I gave up for good around season 12. This is around when I started noticing that we as a culture has stopped changing, and the same celebrities and creative artists have been controlling all entertainment for about the last 30 years, and there's only space for new voices when one of them dies.

There are too many creatives and celebrities under 30 for that to be completely true. But the entertainment companies running things are the same ones that started their industry 100+ years ago, and political humor runs afoul of 240 years of familiar arguments and familiar themes.

IMO, we acquire our tastes as young adults and stick with our fandoms, which is nice for the artists, as they get to have steady work and lucrative careers as they age with their fans.
don't bump your head
TOS
well, i bet it has excellent airflow
dv
TOS posted:

Had. That's an Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion map on the wall (I had the same one, came in the Collector's Edition box), I think that laptop has a Turion sticker on it, the monitor's a 4:3 (1080p was the most common resolution by 2012), there's no SSD, the mouse is pretty old-school, and GPUs haven't needed those bridge connectors for multi-GPU in a long while.

So, like, 2010 at the latest probably.

And no, that is not my computer.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
dv posted:
TOS posted:

Had. That's an Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion map on the wall (I had the same one, came in the Collector's Edition box), I think that laptop has a Turion sticker on it, the monitor's a 4:3 (1080p was the most common resolution by 2012), there's no SSD, the mouse is pretty old-school, and GPUs haven't needed those bridge connectors for multi-GPU in a long while.

So, like, 2010 at the latest probably.

And no, that is not my computer.

well spotted, detective
TOS
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 869, 870, 871, 872, 873, 874