The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 853, 854, 855, 856, 857
Online now: Majestic-12 [Bot]
Wait...so they embossed a pair of disks on the side and that makes it "Tatooine"? Yeah, yeah, that red color supposedly makes it more resemble that Luke Skywalker scene from "A New Hope", but remove one of those disks then it becomes a sunset on Earth?

I sincerely hope they paid Disney a hefty fee for licensing that name.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
In the future, we'll have all in one portable computer-tv-phones

My god...it's full of an entire line of Star Wars-themed cookware:

BB-8, C-3PO and R2-D2 Mini Cocottes.

Porg pie bird.

BTW: a pie bird is a usually ceramic device which--when inserted into a pie before placed in an over--helps to prevent the contents from bubbling over. Yes, I was unaware of this before reading my link.
ukimalefu posted:

I had to look up "XIML": Extensible Interface Markup Language.

BTW: I hadn't realized this when I first looked at that pic...but those are TOOTHPASTE flavors. Apparently under a brandname of "FREASH".
Lombo Opiofiend
Séamas Honorary Consul General
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:

It may be a picture from another time, but I'm sorry to say (maybe not) that I believe grandma has a .38 in her purse.

I still have the .22 my grandmother carried in hers, so it's quite probable.

My mother's grandmother was given a blackjack by a police officer not long after she immigrated to take care of herself.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
ukimalefu posted:

Marx Toy company , created the Big Wheel, the Crazy Wheel and Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots.

They also underwrote the production of the movie Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, a time honored classic in my family's opinion.
TOS
TOS posted:

or just yell "fiddlesticks off!"

if that doesn't work, get naked

That's an Aston Martin

what could have saved apple? computers that looked like toys? portable music players? or... cellphones??
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Given that the magazine is still using the rainbow apple, I'd say a huge infusion of Microsoft cash.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I'm sure Mr. Gates has profited from that investment.
dv
Here is a video showing most of the Le Creuset's line of Star Wars-theme cookware. YouTube video at link. There are Star Wars(-ish?) music and the sound of Darth Vader breathing.

Cory Doctorow points out that the 'Tattoine Dutch oven...isn't even priced and the company is offering an "opportunity to purchase."'
obvs My password is "contraseña"
TOS
I love maps like that
TOS
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
I prefer the original, thanks.

you're gonna fall and break your neck, but it looks pretty
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
ukimalefu posted:

I have this issue stashed away.
Obsessed fan of J-pop singer said he figured out her address by zooming into her hi-rez posted pictures:

Quote:
The fan, Hibiki Sato, 26, managed to identify a bus stop and the surrounding scenery from the reflection on Matsuoka's eyes and matched them to a street using Google Maps.

Sato had even approximated the storey Matsuoka lived on based on the windows and the angle of the sunlight in her eyes.

She had just reached her door when Sato approached her from behind, covering her mouth with a piece of cloth.

He dragged her to a dark corner and molested her, injuring her face in the struggle.

juice Inadvertently correct
Ok, I know things are a little different in Japan, but why would a fan of someone want to hurt them?
You are not aware of fans who selfishly demand EVERYTHING from the artist?
dv
maurvir posted:
Ok, I know things are a little different in Japan, but why would a fan of someone want to hurt them?

Like... ummm... isn't that kind normal? Somebody with a celebrity obsession gets all creepy-stalker-ey and then gets slapped with a restraining order?
dv posted:
maurvir posted:

Like... ummm... isn't that kind normal? Somebody with a celebrity obsession gets all creepy-stalker-ey and then gets slapped with a restraining order?

Yeah, I suppose. I still think it's weird.
dv
maurvir posted:
dv posted:
maurvir posted:

Yeah, I suppose. I still think it's weird.

Because you aren't crazy enough. :p
TOS
pretty much every celebrity in hollywood, including lower-tier people like alison hannigan, have restraining orders against obsessed fans

whackjobs are routinely arrested for plotting insane assault/rape/murder/kidnapping/whateva attacks
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Mark David Chapman
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 853, 854, 855, 856, 857