The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 847, 848, 849, 850, 851, 852, 853, 854
Online now: No visible users
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

That's neat.

Blasting ditches is fun! I took every opportunity in the 80s to go on those exercises. We got to use civilian explosives too, which was a treat.

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
You know, we were well aware of fallout when those posters (and that whole Project Plowshare idiocy) were created. WTH?
TOS
i love the smell of det cord in the morning
juice Inadvertently correct
maurvir posted:
You know, we were well aware of fallout when those posters (and that whole Project Plowshare idiocy) were created. WTH?

$2M>$600,000
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
juice posted:
maurvir posted:

$2M>$600,000

No fallout/residual radiation > fallout/residual radiation
Maybe it was part of an organized PR campaign to make nuclear power seem completely safe in comparison to bat-shit crazy ideas.
TOS
it was never really taken seriously

as i recall both the americans and soviets experimented with this and instantly found that, as assumed, any land cleared by nukes became too toxic to be of use

still, it's amazing how careless people were with radiation back then ... my mother used to tell me about seeing x-ray machines at the local shoe store for testing the fit of your purchases

imagine working in a place without shielding and joe shmoes coming in and zapping them all day

then there were the women who used to paint radioactive glow-in-the-dark watch dials, google that one for a fun read
Truly was the "Atomic age"
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Before job-killing regulations
a jug like that was just on tv show the PawnStars so i know a bit about them. the radium wasn't what got you killed, it was lead metal poisoning from the interior lining of the jug that would flake off into your drink from the radioactive bombard that caused it to decay.
TOS posted:

then there were the women who used to paint radioactive glow-in-the-dark watch dials, google that one for a fun read

That's why Bond is checking his Rolex with a geiger counter:

Rolex stopped using radium in 1963.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Aaron_R posted:
a jug like that was just on tv show the PawnStars so i know a bit about them. the radium wasn't what got you killed, it was lead metal poisoning from the interior lining of the jug that would flake off into your drink from the radioactive bombard that caused it to decay.

See? That radiation stuff's not dangerous!
TOS
those pansy-ass hippies ruined everything
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?

I know it's just an illustration, but, the mouse is plugged in and has antennas?

Also, nice computer graphics!

1984 certainly was not like 1984.

Debbie Harry and David Bowie
dv
ukimalefu posted:

I know it's just an illustration, but, the mouse is plugged in and has antennas?

The weirdest thing about that cover is not that it was 5 months after Byte's Macintosh issue and they should have known better, but that apparently people were already paying $4.25 for a friggin' magazine. (That seems crazy high to me.)
TOS
dv posted:
ukimalefu posted:

The weirdest thing about that cover is not that it was 5 months after Byte's Macintosh issue and they should have known better, but that apparently people were already paying $4.25 for a friggin' magazine. (That seems crazy high to me.)

i always felt like it was a staid industry publication rather than a mass market thing
TOS
dv
macnuke Afar
facial tattoos are never never a good idea
I’m hoping this an extension of Darwin working. Clearly, we’re too stupid to survive as a species.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Unless it's her dead child. Then I'm okay with it.
Metacell posted:

but, on her face?

Remember the show Miami Ink? I liked when they refused to do stupid tattoos in stupid places.
macnuke Afar
providing the little gang banger crackhead doesn't die from a multitude of risks her lifestyle has, just think how nice that's going to look in 40 years
Laser tattoo removal. I understand it's expensive.

And that's another tatoo no-no. Never get the name of your significant other, no matter how much you love them, don't do it. I personally knew someone who did that and they broke up a couple months later.
TOS
Metacell posted:

in that case i'm especially not okay with it
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

And that's another tatoo no-no. Never get the name of your significant other, no matter how much you love them, don't do it. I personally knew someone who did that and they broke up a couple months later.

and painful too, i hear
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu posted:

Maybe that's her name, and she had it put there so ... well, you can figure that out ...
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
macnuke posted:
providing the little gang banger crackhead doesn't die from a multitude of risks her lifestyle has, just think how nice that's going to look in 40 years

You don't know any of that human waste about her. You don't why she did it. Maybe she wants you to see her dead child every time you look at her.
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
Edit: it just dawned on me this is in a public part of the forum and I shouldn’t post this here. I moved the post to the tattoo thread for anyone who cares.

Last edited by C. Ives on Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:40 pm.

macnuke Afar
Metacell posted:
macnuke posted:

You don't know any of that human waste about her. You don't why she did it. Maybe she wants you to see her dead child every time you look at her.

you 're right...

I am sure she would be counted as a fine upstanding citizen and all round wonderful young lady in any community
Pariah Know Your Enemy
macnuke posted:
Metacell posted:
macnuke posted:

you 're right...

I am sure she would be counted as a fine upstanding citizen and all round wonderful young lady in any community

I find exhibitionist sentimentality like that kid face tattoo to be very off-putting.
obvs My password is "contraseña"
macnuke Afar
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 847, 848, 849, 850, 851, 852, 853, 854