The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 843, 844, 845, 846, 847, 848, 849 ... 857
Online now: Google [Bot]
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?

Liberace and Cher
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Séamas Honorary Consul General
ukimalefu posted:

Liberace and Cher

Just the other day I was flipping through Cable channels and hit one of the retro TV networks that was showing a bunch of segments from the Sonny and Cher show.
One of the more striking things was how well Cher did comedy--It makes you realize just how talented she is, she has an almost effortless ability to sing, perform, and work as both a compelling dramatic actress as well as having good comic acting chops.
dv
Séamas posted:
Just the other day I was flipping through Cable channels and hit one of the retro TV networks that was showing a bunch of segments from the Sonny and Cher show.
One of the more striking things was how well Cher did comedy--It makes you realize just how talented she is, she has an almost effortless ability to sing, perform, and work as both a compelling dramatic actress as well as having good comic acting chops.

Moonstruck is... a really good movie, full stop, no qualifiers.
Plus there's her album covers.
dv
Ribtor posted:
Plus there's her album covers.

Quote:
CASIO PB-700 (1983)

It maybe looks like a calculator, but it is a fully-featured ultra-mobile computer from the early 80s. Weighing just 315 grams, It has a custom 8-bit CPU, up to 16kB of RAM, built-in BASIC and display with a resolution of 160x32 pixels (20x4 characters). The machine can be expanded with some sort of a docking station that adds a four-color plotter and tape storage.

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Pariah Know Your Enemy

Mary, Kate, and Ashley Olsen.

;)
Pariah Know Your Enemy
ukimalefu posted:

Mary, Kate, and Ashley Olsen.

;)

Those women are picture perfect examples for a poster that says "Don't Stick Your Dick In Crazy".
Séamas Honorary Consul General
I don't know about the "stick your dick in " part, (crazy CAN be fun for that) but don't marry it or move in with it.
juice Inadvertently correct
They're all at least a little crazy. You've just got to find the level that works for you.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
juice posted:
They're all at least a little crazy. You've just got to find the level that works for you.

The eyes on the twins scare the human waste out of me. :worriedfrown:
Also, women who look like they have been dehydrated, stored for awhile and then re-hydrated kinda skeez me out.
They were television stars before they could even talk. It's amazing they aren't more stick fiddled up than they appear to be.
juice posted:
They were television stars before they could even talk. It's amazing they aren't more stick fiddled up than they appear to be.

the twins refused to appear on the full house reboot, not even a cameo

that's smart
ukimalefu posted:
juice posted:

the twins refused to appear on the full house reboot, not even a cameo

that's smart

Not even one "You got it, dude!" for old time's sake?
Oh how I loathe seeing products that I sold back when they were new as examples of retro advertising, the way we looked at old mid 50s catalogs in the late 80s. It makes me feel so damn old!
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Warin posted:
Oh how I loathe seeing products that I sold back when they were new as examples of retro advertising, the way we looked at old mid 50s catalogs in the late 80s. It makes me feel so damn old!

The thing that makes me feel really old and out of touch is seeing the way so many really, really wasteful American cars from the 80s and early 90s are being resurrected as "classics". Those were dark, dark days for the American auto industry and really should be forgotten.
No, your 86 LeSabre is not cool, it's sad, get it away from me!! :brow:
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Pariah posted:
Warin posted:

The thing that makes me feel really old and out of touch is seeing the way so many really, really wasteful American cars from the 80s and early 90s are being resurrected as "classics". Those were dark, dark days for the American auto industry and really should be forgotten.

To me, classic cars ended in 1976.
arkayn posted:
Pariah posted:
Warin posted:

To me, classic cars ended in 1976.

If I was to buy a "classic car", I want it to be at least as old as me, or much older. I like late 40s/early 50s cars. And I'm not a purist, I only want the look. If I had enough money I'd give it the most modern suspension possible and a highly efficient modern engine, or even make it electric.

Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Y'all loved the Pacer!
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Metacell posted:
Y'all loved the Pacer!

Pacers were a joke when they came out, they were part of the generation of cars that finally drove AMC out of business they were so bad.
TOS
as i recall the pacer sold very well at first but declined after a couple of years because amc couldn’t afford to update it
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
as i recall the pacer sold very well at first but declined after a couple of years because amc couldn’t afford to update it

I think it was because everyone that wanted one had one and the important context is that the Pacer sold well for an AMC. They were number 4 so a "successful" AMC car was selling way fewer than the numbers that would make for a successful Big 3 car.
Ok, I'm not afraid to admit I like this one

Watch for Smokeys, good buddy

Flight to Mars (1951)

I just noticed something. In a certain way, that's a Mac with a... TWO BUTTON MOUSE!

Did those buttons do different things or the same thing? I don't know.
dv
ukimalefu posted:

I just noticed something. In a certain way, that's a Mac with a... TWO BUTTON MOUSE!

Did those buttons do different things or the same thing? I don't know.

Same thing.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 843, 844, 845, 846, 847, 848, 849 ... 857