The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 829, 830, 831, 832, 833, 834, 835 ... 863
Online now: Google [Bot], Metacell
dv
juice posted:
That’s the dumbest keyboard layout ever.

It's almost identical to the layout of my Macbook.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
ukimalefu dysfunctional
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu posted:

:lol:

been there did that
ukimalefu dysfunctional

It's not an original ideal, but I'd like to build a modern PC in an old tower like that. I even once saw someone who put an SD card inside a 3.5" floppy disk and the reader inside the floppy drive.
user Stupid cockwomble
You'd have to put a multiplier on that processor speed display.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
user posted:

Maybe, or just a sticker that says x100.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:

Maybe, or just a sticker that says x100.

That's a type of multiplier.

Those dials always got a snort of derision out of me. The things that PC users found impressive....
obvs My password is "contraseña"
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu posted:

It's not an original ideal, but I'd like to build a modern PC in an old tower like that. I even once saw someone who put an SD card inside a 3.5" floppy disk and the reader inside the floppy drive.

My current PC is in a tower case similar to that. It is an old SuperMicro server case, and it has a slot at the top for a 3.5" floppy drive. It is amazingly easy to work on, as most of the cables are out of the way.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
Pariah Know Your Enemy
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:

My current PC is in a tower case similar to that. It is an old SuperMicro server case, and it has a slot at the top for a 3.5" floppy drive. It is amazingly easy to work on, as most of the cables are out of the way.

I bet a Quadra 900 case has lots of room inside.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
juice Inadvertently correct
The world’s number one selling packaged meat product.
TOS
people love it in so many countries

i remember being served spam in a chinese village and everyone was so proud, like it was charbroiled panda testicles or something crazy exotic
user Stupid cockwomble
who knows what's in that stuff?
I know a few people who probably do. Until recently there was a large Hormel plant in the area.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
people love it in so many countries

i remember being served spam in a chinese village and everyone was so proud, like it was charbroiled panda testicles or something crazy exotic

When I was a kid my mom used to make home made pseudo-corned beef hash using spam run through her handy countertop meat grinder.
I loved it. :)
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Pariah posted:
[img]PC%20case[/img]

Maybe, but my idea is using an old, ugly, undesirable PC case, to disguise high-end hardware inside.
TOS
ukimalefu posted:
Pariah posted:
[img]PC%20case[/img]

Maybe, but my idea is using an old, ugly, undesirable PC case, to disguise high-end hardware inside.

anyway i seem to recall that apple cases require heavy modification to be used as a modern pc case
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Pariah posted:
[img]PC%20case[/img]

anyway i seem to recall that apple cases require heavy modification to be used as a modern pc case

Yeah, they were pretty much "start over with fresh sheet metal" jobs. You might get one, maybe two, screw positions to match an ATX case, but it was pretty pointless.

Really a shame, too. Apple made some nice desktop cases.
TOS
maurvir posted:
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Pariah posted:
[img]PC%20case[/img]

Yeah, they were pretty much "start over with fresh sheet metal" jobs. You might get one, maybe two, screw positions to match an ATX case, but it was pretty pointless.

Really a shame, too. Apple made some nice desktop cases.

might be a fun project, but it seems very frustrating and knuckle-scrap-ey
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
ukimalefu posted:

Ah, self lighting cigarettes, what other marvelous things will the future bring?

Many years ago when I still smoked cigs, a friend of mine brought me some cigs like this from Germany. I'm not sure how he got them, but they were prototypes. Not only were they "self-lighting", they were also supposed to be "smokeless." The self lighting part made the entire cig taste like sulfur. And "smokeless" meant it was a tobacco was stuffed into a hollow foil-like tube (the only smoke came when you exhaled), which made the whole thing get really hot, and full of recycled smoke.

In a word: stick fiddling awful. (Okay, that's two words.)
TOS
That is the very embodiment of just because you can do a thing doesn't mean you should.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
cooler than a fish tank ...
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
c'mere and i'll show you how it works
Futurama probulator
dv
ukimalefu posted:

:whatthe: Image

https://www.vernier.com/til/382/

It was a rebranded data/sensor interface for the eMate, intended for school science classes.
"Grocer designed embarrassing plastic bags to shame shoppers into bringing reusable ones":

As mentioned at the link this has backfired in that many people in Vancouver, B.C., are trying to collect all three designs.
jkahless Custom Title
DEyncourt posted:
"Grocer designed embarrassing plastic bags to shame shoppers into bringing reusable ones":

As mentioned at the link this has backfired in that many people in Vancouver, B.C., are trying to collect all three designs.

Yeah. No on who spends much time here in East Van would look twice at those bags. I’m fine banning plastic bags now. Paper for emergencies, otherwise force me to bring my own. I have plenty, I just forget.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 829, 830, 831, 832, 833, 834, 835 ... 863