The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 824, 825, 826, 827, 828, 829, 830 ... 868
Online now: Google [Bot], juice, maurvir
user Stupid cockwomble
justine Elitist Beer Lover
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:

i remember that "digital lifestyle" campaign

at the time i thought, "yeah, okay, steve jobs is a genius"

what about the ad campaign they did that showed off how user accessible their products were compared to others on the market...oh how they've fallen. I believe it was the G3 series that had the laptop with the flip down keyboard & coin locked battery and the tower with the motherboard on the swing out side panel.
TOS
Aaron_R posted:
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:

i remember that "digital lifestyle" campaign

at the time i thought, "yeah, okay, steve jobs is a genius"

what about the ad campaign they did that showed off how user accessible their products were compared to others on the market...oh how they've fallen. I believe it was the G3 series that had the laptop with the flip down keyboard & coin locked battery and the tower with the motherboard on the swing out side panel.

ah, back when computers were their core business

those were the days
juice Inadvertently correct
Apple stock price: $10?
TOS
so what? they were turning a profit and made good machines
TOS
parkour! parkour!

juice Inadvertently correct
TOS posted:
so what? they were turning a profit and made good machines

Why do you hate shareholder value?
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
juice posted:
Apple stock price: $10?

why do you have to remind me I didn't buy any back then :(
ukimalefu dysfunctional
easily user upgradeable everything

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu dysfunctional

Not a knife, or a sword, but a very specific thing: katana.

And more!
TOS
i remember seeing that photo as a kid ... to this day my worst fear is seeing something similar
TOS
TOS
anyone see mmav lately?

Aaron_R posted:

my mistake about the notebook it was the G4 series for those the G3 was the tower only but I can't find any posters about those iBook (i think it was still being called an iBook for the G4 models) features.
obvs My password is "contraseña"
Aaron_R posted:
Aaron_R posted:

my mistake about the notebook it was the G4 series for those the G3 was the tower only but I can't find any posters about those iBook (i think it was still being called an iBook for the G4 models) features.
I had an iBook G4.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional

AMC AM Van concept, 1977. Sub-compact (it was 2 inches shorter than a VW Beetle) 4WD mini van prototype with a turbo-charged engine
A shame AMC never followed through, as that is one cool looking vehicle. The only ones made were mechanical shells with no real interior or engine/drive train.
dv
So basically it's a modern CUV, but with only two doors.
dv posted:

Nope, this was going to be pure 70's bliss. You fold the seat back and blaze/shag in peace. You only need two doors for that.

Unlike the contortionist BS we have today where people actually think they are going to get more than two people into those CUVs.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
maurvir posted:
dv posted:

Nope, this was going to be pure 70's bliss. You fold the seat back and blaze/shag in peace. You only need two doors for that.

And GIANT windows so the whole neighborhood can watch.
Séamas posted:
maurvir posted:
dv posted:

And GIANT windows so the whole neighborhood can watch.

jkahless Custom Title
Imagine that, but electric and with a foldout solar panels on the roof. You could get a kw out of it parked. Drive a hundred miles, park and unfold the panels. Blaze and make love, sell some dope, trip on shrooms for a day and frolic naked in a stream, play some hackysack with the kids behind the McDonalds, then when you’re fully charged in a couple days, drive another hundred miles and do it all again.

Or hike or whatever.
TOS
is it wrong that the first thing i thought of was how well it would perform as an urban delivery van?
dv
TOS posted:
is it wrong that the first thing i thought of was how well it would perform as an urban delivery van?

Boring but practical. If I didn't believe you were a dad before, I do now. :p
jkahless Custom Title
TOS posted:

Right back to the 1970s.

Urban Deliveries

Rich bored housewives fritter away the hours their husbands are at work, always ready to take an Urban Delivery.

//slap bass//
dv
dv
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
dv posted:

I think the wrench would be $60, each socket would be $10 except for the 10MM which would be $120.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 824, 825, 826, 827, 828, 829, 830 ... 868