The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 794, 795, 796, 797, 798, 799, 800 ... 867
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
ukimalefu posted:

It would be sweet if "Self-Identified Blue" actually drew blue despite looking pink-ish.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
ukimalefu posted:

Probably tastes like ass.

[Soapbox] The point of coffee is the FLAVOR! Beans from different regions of the world taste different from each other. Ethiopian beans are floral, Kenya beans are earthy, Mexican beans are nutty. Coffee isn't a one-size-fits-all product. Coffee is a beautiful, wonderful adventure that can take you around the world in a cup. This clear coffee is an homogenized abomination. [/Soapbox]
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
TOS
ukimalefu dysfunctional
blockers will also adapt and overcome

also, leave facebook

yes you can

no you don't need it
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

also, leave facebook

yes you can

no you don't need it

i wish that was true
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:

also, leave facebook

yes you can

no you don't need it

i wish that was true

Ya, my whole family standardized on communicating in Facebook, that is why I ended up making an account. Last month I sent or received zero SMS messages but probably over 100 FB messenger texts.
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
Pariah posted:
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:

also, leave facebook

yes you can

no you don't need it

i wish that was true

Ya, my whole family standardized on communicating in Facebook, that is why I ended up making an account. Last month I sent or received zero SMS messages but probably over 100 FB messenger texts.

exactly

if i were to leave facebook i'd find myself in severe social isolation

it would be like moving to a desert island
macnuke Afar
Mine know I hate Fb... and will not send a text with it.
if they want to talk to me, even texts won't work.
they can text and say they need to talk to me. it's phone after that.
obvs My password is "contraseña"
I had no regular contact with my extended family before Facebook.

Now I use it to communicate almost daily with some of them.

I don't regularly use it to communicate with people who aren't family members, but for communicating with family members I don't have great alternatives.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Facebook saves me money. I use Ting and their SMS charges aren't that good so not using SMS at all cuts my bill. FB probably saves me $6 a month and I doubt they make that much off me with my posting habits, use of tracker killers and my advanced case of banner blindness syndrome.
If everyone was like me FB's revenues would probably be 80% less than they earn now.
I mean, there are solid alternatives with a subset of FBs features and with better messaging tools, like Line (which is dominant in Taiwan and Japan).
Pariah Know Your Enemy
MacAddict4Life posted:
I mean, there are solid alternatives with a subset of FBs features and with better messaging tools, like Line (which is dominant in Taiwan and Japan).

So? Can they communicate with FB Messenger?
Pariah posted:
MacAddict4Life posted:

Nope. You'd have to get everyone standardized on something else.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
macnuke posted:
Mine know I hate Fb... and will not send a text with it.
if they want to talk to me, even texts won't work.
they can text and say they need to talk to me. it's phone after that.

That's how I do it. A phone is more than enough. There's always email and the post office if they really need things spelled out.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Pariah Know Your Enemy
MacAddict4Life posted:
Pariah posted:
MacAddict4Life posted:

Nope. You'd have to get everyone standardized on something else.

Clearly you do not understand the absurdity of that suggestion. :brow:
The idea of flying cars is so absurd I honestly don't know how people are still thinking it's a reality. First off what percentage of people have a pilots license that clears them to put a couple thousand pounds into the air? Flight standards worldwide would need to lax the safety regulations to allow for mass use or declare that machines with AI only pilots (removing any and all human control besides input of destination) are acceptable. Either option is absurd considering we are a hell of a ways off from getting just AI only automobiles street legal.
juice Inadvertently correct
It took how long to get the poisonous superfluous additive lead out of gasoline? If you've looked into this story, it's as disgusting as you think. Shareholder value at the expense of public health.
Aaron_R posted:
The idea of flying cars is so absurd I honestly don't know how people are still thinking it's a reality. First off what percentage of people have a pilots license that clears them to put a couple thousand pounds into the air? Flight standards worldwide would need to lax the safety regulations to allow for mass use or declare that machines with AI only pilots (removing any and all human control besides input of destination) are acceptable. Either option is absurd considering we are a hell of a ways off from getting just AI only automobiles street legal.

The are actually absurd from several view points, painful as that may be to admit. However, the energy and maintenance requirements will nicely keep them away from the masses no matter how good the AI gets. A comparatively simple Cessna single-engine aircraft runs about $75k to purchase new, but that doesn't include maintenance, fuel, etc. While you can purchase older aircraft for less, with some retrofitted Piper Cubs from the 80's going for under $20k, you still have to hangar it, maintain the engine, buy fuel, etc. All this for a craft that is manual everything. Oh, and you have to have a pilot's license. Even if the computers got to Star Trek levels of ability, the average commuter isn't going to be able to spring for the monthly nut on something like that, and I would be willing to bet you will still need a license for when the computer craps out.

If we do get flying cars, they will be the preserve of the 1%, and they will likely not be landing at shopping malls.
Ribtor posted:

I love how similar this one is to a quad copter.
ukimalefu dysfunctional

I like hard boiled eggs, and I like nutella. The combination seems gross, but I'd do it. Once. On a dare.
dv
ukimalefu posted:

I like hard boiled eggs, and I like nutella. The combination seems gross, but I'd do it. Once. On a dare.

That nail polish tho...
ukimalefu dysfunctional
dv posted:
ukimalefu posted:

That nail polish tho...

If I get to keep the whole jar of nutella I'd do that too
ukimalefu dysfunctional
dv
dv
dv
dv

I thought I posted this one recently but couldn't find it.
dv
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 794, 795, 796, 797, 798, 799, 800 ... 867