The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 769, 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775 ... 867
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
TOS
DEyncourt posted:
"Disney’s ‘Captain Marvel’ accidentally advertises phone sex line":

Well, you cannot see it in the above because all current versions of this pic had the blurry but readable phone number on the back wall of the phone booth Photoshopped out.

That phone number had been used by ABC in their cable show "The Suite Life of Zac and Cody". If you called it back then there were changing messages about kids programming on ABC. Apparently it had gotten onto a list of "approved" phone numbers in ABC which then got handed up to Disney.

But at some point between then and now ABC stopped paying for that number, and it was taken over by a phone sex line.

my first thought was, "phone sex is still a thing?"
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Séamas Honorary Consul General
They are so gonna beat the Generals.
jkahless Custom Title
DukeofNuke posted:
My guess: Nuclear power plant

The reactor diagramme in the top left is a strong indicator you are correct.

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours...?"
jkahless Custom Title
The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay if she'd put fifteen more miles behind her.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Still one of the best topical songs I've ever heard.
TOS
Séamas posted:
They are so gonna beat the Generals.

i dunno, man, the generals are looking good, they might take it all this year
sean Royal Wombat
jkahless:
The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay if she'd put fifteen more miles behind her.

They might have split up or they might have capsized,
They may have broke deep and took water...

ukimalefu dysfunctional

is that real? how did a lot of people looking at that did not crash?

I understand the long exposure makes the traffic look worse than it was, but still, someone must have noticed a space shuttle on the overpass (strong well built overpass).
ukimalefu dysfunctional
sturner Ancient Soldier
sean posted:
jkahless:

They might have split up or they might have capsized,
They may have broke deep and took water...

And all that remains is the faces and the names
Of the wives and the sons and the daughters
Yori Program
ukimalefu posted:

I loved my Speccy. I had the original 48k rubber-keyed version and the ZX Spectrum 128k (precursor to the +2 pictured). :)
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu posted:

is that real? how did a lot of people looking at that did not crash?

I understand the long exposure makes the traffic look worse than it was, but still, someone must have noticed a space shuttle on the overpass (strong well built overpass).

Yes, that did happen over October 12-13, 2012 (well, the above was on the night of the 12th). On September 21st Endeavour was flown on the NASA 747 transport from Edwards Air Force Base in the Mojave Desert north of LA doing a number of low-level photographic passes over various sites around California before landing at LAX.

To get to the California Science Center (just south of downtown LA and is about 15 miles via road from LAX) where Endeavour is now on display in its own building, the shuttle spent part of two days on the road including using that overpass over the 405 which is the freeway in your animation.

Here are some beauty shots over LA during Endeavour's last flight, and here are some pics of Endeavour on the road.
And please: "how did a lot of people looking at that did not crash?"? Folks in LA take driving SERIOUSLY. :lol:
obvs My password is "contraseña"
Oh my GOD. That is SOOO cool.
obvs posted:
Oh my GOD. That is SOOO cool.

Be sure to check out this by the guy who made that combo. He learned about this from the guy who made these.

Both links are at my link but you might miss them if you just look at the other examples.
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
a british infantry battalion before entering combat in 1914 (above), and survivors after the war in 1919 (below)

ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
oooh, endorsed by the guitarist for the broken rubber band!!!
user Stupid cockwomble
Probably a hot little spurt in that time.
Did that spark the first lawsuit from Apple Corps?
ukimalefu dysfunctional
user Stupid cockwomble
takes 88 keys to operate.
dv
dv
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
TOS
DEyncourt posted:

see it's human waste like this i feel has a real "last days of versailles" vibe
Donkey Butter jerk face
TOS posted:

they made the line of animals artificially long by included so many different breeds of dogs and cats.
TOS
TOS posted:
DEyncourt posted:

It's also very unimaginative. I'd at least try to figure out how to encase a solid diamond core into a platinum ring so that the light refracts through little exposed diamond protrusions all the way around.
Betonhaus posted:
TOS posted:
DEyncourt posted:

It's also very unimaginative. I'd at least try to figure out how to encase a solid diamond core into a platinum ring so that the light refracts through little exposed diamond protrusions all the way around.

Um, you're missing the point which was to make a ring that is literally ONLY diamond.
"NASA's ARIA Maps California Wildfires from Space":

ARIA is the Advanced Rapid Imaging and Analysis project at JPL.

"The color variation from yellow to red indicates increasing ground surface change, or damage." These pictures are from November 11th.

The red polygon in the first is an area which is about 50 miles by 25 miles (80 km by 40 km). That in the second is about 55 miles by 48 miles (88 km by 77 km).
ukimalefu dysfunctional
DEyncourt posted:

I believe jewelry is stupid. That ring can never be resized so it won't fit everybody. It's good only to store in a safe. Cutting it up into traditional shaped diamonds that would be easier to sell would be a waste.

Is it real diamond or man made? I didn't read the article. Not that it would make a difference to me.

If you want to invest in valuable rocks to store in a safe, buy gold.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS posted:

Animals eat those. Plants make the oxygen we need to live. Plants ARE ALIVE!
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 769, 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775 ... 867