The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 759, 760, 761, 762, 763, 764, 765 ... 868
Online now: Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, Google [Bot]
TOS
juice Inadvertently correct
It reminds me of the Ah-Ha music video
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
TOS posted:

And to think, that person was out driving that car with the rest of us.
juice Inadvertently correct
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:

But we don't need statewide vehicular inspections! Because Freedom!
TOS
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:

i'm just trying to imagine what it sounded like
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
At that point, probably nothing. There isn't any metal left for the squeakers to engage.
dv
juice posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:

We don't have inspections in MN - probably a good thing since too many cars would be rusted out.

But I don't want to die.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
dv posted:
juice posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:

We don't have inspections in MN - probably a good thing since too many cars would be rusted out.

But I don't want to die.

i don't even want to know how many states don't do inspections

yikes
dv
Betonhaus posted:

STOP BEING REDNECKS!
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
dv posted:
juice posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:

But I don't want to die.

yikes

Illinois got rid of inspections because of rampant corruption in the inspection facilities. Oklahoma got rid of theirs for the same reason.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
sean Royal Wombat
Pariah posted:
TOS posted:
dv posted:

Illinois got rid of inspections because of rampant corruption in the inspection facilities. Oklahoma got rid of theirs for the same reason.

South Carolina is shockingly lax in vehicle regulation. No scheduled inspections. No inspections at time of registration. Reasonably lax equipment-violation enforcement. This, combined with the fact that cars typically don't rust out up here, lead to some real hacked together human waste being on the road.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
General Electric Big Screen TV with VIR Color System & VHS Video Cassette Recorder. 1979

TOS
looks like it weighed as much as an 18-wheeler
Séamas Honorary Consul General
It seems to me that the wood grain thing was something of a design imperative back then.
Not that they favored it, per se, but were scared shitless of the very idea of not using it.
Everything, including the family station wagon had to look like it was made from fake oak.
Séamas posted:
It seems to me that the wood grain thing was something of a design imperative back then.
Not that they favored it, per se, but were scared shitless of the very idea of not using it.
Everything, including the family station wagon had to look like it was made from fake oak.

It was because everyone wanted to integrate their electronics as furniture, as was the custom. I, for one, am rather thankful we have moved on from that period.
dv
maurvir posted:
Séamas posted:

It was because everyone wanted to integrate their electronics as furniture, as was the custom. I, for one, am rather thankful we have moved on from that period.

I'm not so sure. Furniture is intended to last a long time, after all, and I wish our electronics still were designed with at least as long an intended lifespan as an Ikea bookcase.

And I think in some ways it lends itself to better ergonomics.

Also, https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/pc-case-desk/#!
dv posted:
maurvir posted:
Séamas posted:

I'm not so sure. Furniture is intended to last a long time, after all, and I wish our electronics still were designed with at least as long an intended lifespan as an Ikea bookcase.

And I think in some ways it lends itself to better ergonomics.

Also, https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/pc-case-desk/#!

That's a fair point, but on the flip side the rate of advancement has been far higher now that people replace electronics more frequently.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Damn, I once owned a phone like that... :eek:
dv
Mine wasn't transparent.
dv
dv
ukimalefu dysfunctional
dv posted:
harry potter comic

At first I thought "that's funny, because it's not funny". If you don't understand what I mean, I'm sorry, not sure I can explain it. "Shock humor"? maybe?

Then, the Potter nerd in me kicked in: that wouldn't work, you really have to mean it.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
how to be popular with the ladies

ALL HAIL QUEEN SAGA!

"Girl, 8, pulls a 1,500-year-old sword from a lake in Sweden":

This part of Sweden is suffering through a drought which has lowered the level of water in this lake. A subsequent but still incomplete search of the site has turned up more relics from the 3rd Century.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
DEyncourt posted:
ALL HAIL QUEEN SAGA!

This part of Sweden is suffering through a drought which has lowered the level of water in this lake. A subsequent but still incomplete search of the site has turned up more relics from the 3rd Century.

pulls ancient sword from lake

Her name is Saga

yeah, she should totally be the queen
ukimalefu dysfunctional
I made this

feel free to use, modify, and distribute
Séamas Honorary Consul General
ukimalefu posted:
DEyncourt posted:
ALL HAIL QUEEN SAGA!

pulls ancient sword from lake

Her name is Saga

yeah, she should totally be the queen

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

one forgets how young spielberg was back then
ukimalefu posted:
I made this

Not bad, but you need to desaturate the hands a bit. The skin tones are pretty badly matched.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:
I made this

Not bad, but you need to desaturate the hands a bit. The skin tones are pretty badly matched.

the hands were in the original, it's the head I added and it matches a lot better than the original image, but I left it at "as good enough as I care for a silly joke". Didn't keep the source files, sorry, I'm not fixing it.

:shrug:
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 759, 760, 761, 762, 763, 764, 765 ... 868