The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 758, 759, 760, 761, 762, 763, 764 ... 867
Online now: Google [Bot]
ukimalefu dysfunctional
obvs My password is "contraseña"
Points for creativity.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
TOS posted:
that'll fix your back right up

I expect that to be repackaged into something more glam and hawked by Gwenyth Paltrow's Goop in a matter of weeks.
TOS
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Séamas posted:
TOS posted:
that'll fix your back right up

I expect that to be repackaged into something more glam and hawked by Gwenyth Paltrow's Goop in a matter of weeks.

Holistic Chiropractics
TOS
maurvir posted:
Hmm, I didn't realize BASIC wasn't a part of the package for the 400. I had the Atari 800XL, and BASIC was the default program.

I had an Atari 400 and it came with a BASIC cartridge that had to be inserted into the game slot. That offer included "instructional material" and probably some programs (presumably recorded on cassette tapes which was how those Atari computers saved/received programming, at least other than via a game cartridge), so maybe not entirely a ripoff except for the implication that you took that one must buy that package to get BASIC at all.

At that time I had some BASIC programming background so I was able to adapt programs others had made to work on the Atari screen like that ancient "Star Trek" game where you commanded the Enterprise to look for and destroy Klingon ships in a universe of 8x8 sectors in which each sector was an 8x8 grid. Ah, those were the days....
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Yeah, I remember using my father's cassette recorder to store/load programs. In fact, I kept a notebook with the cassette counter numbers so I could fast forward to the right program.

The 800XL didn't have a separate BASIC cartridge, though. Instead, cartridges could override the built-in ROM.
TOS
damn, how old is the original photo?
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS posted:
damn, how old is the original photo?

I'm gonna estimate... 15 years?
jkahless Custom Title
ukimalefu posted:
jkahless posted:

Buildings are light and strong, those I beams are beefy, and they're trying to slow what's probably soil liquifaction so they can potentially save lives. I'd say they're they're likely to help.

I hope by the time they put those up there was nobody inside. But that building is coming down.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east- ... in-hualien

147 unaccounted for. :(
TOS
obvs posted:

hmm ... wiki says the original was taken in 2015, i guess it's not them

although apparently they had a ton of fun shooting it, "angry girlfriend" had a hard time keeping a straight face

by the way they're spanish
Yeah, I looked that up when I first saw the photo.

http://antonioguillem.com/team/
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I still don't understand why that's a thing.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Quote:
Hey! I'm the guy in this photo. This was at a Know Your Meme party at the Museum of the Moving Image in NYC. They had a gallery of memes hanging on the wall. I noticed my wife was wearing a red dress so I suggested she pose in front of the girl in the photo. While I was taking her picture someone came up to me and asked if I wanted to be in it, so I hopped in. Then the girl in blue walked up and said, "Hey! Let me be the other girl!" The whole thing was spontaneous and random, and of course it happened on the one day in my life I'm not wearing a plaid shirt.

Pretty funny that our silly photo of us in front of a meme is now a meme itself (just tweeted by Zach Braff). I Air Dropped the photo to the girl in blue after we took it a few weeks ago. She put it on Facebook a few days ago. I guess the person who first put this on Reddit must have seen it there and decided to imply that we are older versions of the people in the meme, but we are not. As others have pointed out, I'm the dude from Improv Everywhere, and my wife is an actress, and we host a political podcast together. I don't know much about the girl in blue, but she was nice!

https://old.reddit.com/r/funny/comments ... a/e6uohkd/
dv
Metacell posted:

Monkey see, monkey do?
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
attention warin!
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Metacell posted:

and that stick fiddling moth.
dv
Pariah posted:
Metacell posted:

and that stick fiddling moth.

But... it loves lamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gId6nrMDmUU

Someone should tell Calgary it isn't even thanksgiving yet :goth:

It's scary how good the camera is on this thing though. It's 11pm and very dark out.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Betonhaus posted:

It's scary how good the camera is on this thing though. It's 11pm and very dark out.

It hit 94F/34C today at my place.

But I do have this coming in right now.
TOS
Betonhaus posted:

keep that human waste out of southern ontario please and thank you
TOS
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
juice Inadvertently correct
TOS posted:
Betonhaus posted:

keep that human waste out of southern ontario please and thank you

*sets up some electric fans outside pointing east *
BTW here is this morning.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
Betonhaus posted:

stop it stop it stop it
There was a dusting of snow here in Kamloops today. The stuff at my altitude melted off by about 10 am.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
We just had a tornado warning. Freaking weird.
Now there is a watch until 9pm
Lived in the NY tri-state area most of my life and never experienced these things, and now in the last ~10 years they are just not uncommon anymore.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Betonhaus posted:

Still warm here, most of the rain seems to have went to the east.
macnuke Afar
Betonhaus posted:

global warming at it's finest
TOS
dv
TOS posted:

Well that looks... fixable...
"Details From Disney Movies":

Just one example from many: the tapestry in the upper right from "Cars 2" is a Cars version of the tapestry from "Brave".
TOS
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 758, 759, 760, 761, 762, 763, 764 ... 867