The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 751, 752, 753, 754, 755, 756, 757 ... 867
Online now: Google [Bot]
obvs My password is "contraseña"
Oh dear God oh dear God oh dear God.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu posted:

I think some of those are just informal phrases.
"Go to hell" is actually just "die". Bad guys say that a lot in anime.
"What did you just say" is also just "what?!"
user Stupid cockwomble
::plans accurate tat::
ukimalefu dysfunctional

It was the king

You know who made me switch to microsoft's internet explorer? MAF magazine. I kid you not.
TOS
i remember sticking with navigator way too long just because i didn't want to use ie
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
i remember thinking those phone-headset modems were the shiznit, wanted one just for the looks

but man they must have been slooooooow
dv
TOS posted:
i remember thinking those phone-headset modems were the shiznit, wanted one just for the looks

I think they topped out at 300 baud.
TOS
dv posted:
TOS posted:

i think the modem i had on my c64 was 1200 baud, i used it for bbsing ... seemed plenty fast at the time

jesus i'm old
I remember using a 300 baud modem on a computer that couldn't run Netscape 3. But Netscape 3 was out at the time.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
dv posted:
TOS posted:

They did. I owned one when I was working for a local newspaper. I could literally type about as fast as that thing transferred my stories to the newspaper's computer.
TOS
TOS
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
that would have been really cool without the animation even
TOS
TOS
TOS
TOS
TOS
dv
dv
dv
juice Inadvertently correct
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
back when people still had ideals about the power of television
It is beyond debate that Sesame Street had a positive impact on more than one generation of children in several countries.
Sesame Street was hugely beneficial for me, and I am glad that my niece watches it with my mom while my sister is at work.
Yori Program
Sesame Street got me in trouble with my primary school teacher for pronouncing the letter Z wrong.
dv
Yori posted:
Sesame Street got me in trouble with my primary school teacher for pronouncing the letter Z wrong.

Cultural Imperialism!

Yori posted:
:lol:

I'm imagining a kid who has perfect understanding of English grammar and excellent composition, but fails the lowest levels of primary school English for saying "zee" instead of "zed".

And then you somehow get your life on track, and make it a few years in, and you're once again dealt a huge setback for leaving out some "u"s.

You're considered dyslexic for the way you write your dates, and you can't tell what the temperature is outside to save your life.
Quote:
Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

TOS
Yori posted:

my mother gave me such human waste for doing that! decades later and i still haven't repeated that terrible mistake
dv
TOS
obvs posted:
Yori posted:
:lol:

I'm imagining a kid who has perfect understanding of English grammar and excellent composition, but fails the lowest levels of primary school English for saying "zee" instead of "zed".

And then you somehow get your life on track, and make it a few years in, and you're once again dealt a huge setback for leaving out some "u"s.

You're considered dyslexic for the way you write your dates, and you can't tell what the temperature is outside to save your life.

My schooling in the U.K. was very strict about "proper" usage. My teachers never fully understood that I wasn't American and that I was perfectly aware the spelling and pronunciation they expected because I had already learnt* it. I think they were disappointed that they didn't have to teach me that stuff and lord it over me.

* see what I did there?
TOS
dv
That box belongs to the snake now.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 751, 752, 753, 754, 755, 756, 757 ... 867